Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 1/25 - 1/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 1/25 - 1/26

This is a huge series for both teams. UMD will be out to prove that Ohio State's sweep in Duluth earlier this season was a fluke and Ohio State will be out to prove that it wasn't a fluke. Three points separate our 3rd place Buckeyes from 4th place UMD. Should be an interesting couple of games. Ohio State slipped to 3rd place after being swept at Wisconsin a week ago, but rebounded to take 5 points in this past weekend's series against St. Cloud. A sweep by UMD would leap-frog them ahead of Ohio State in the standings. A sweep by Ohio State would widen the gap between the two. A split leaves both in the same spots. Should be a hotly contested series.

Re: Ohio State vs Minnesota-Duluth 1/25 - 1/26

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
    Ohio State's sweep in Duluth earlier this season was a fluke
    Appears as though we're in agreement on this.

See you at the rink, metaphorically speaking.

Comment

A sweep by Ohio State would widen the gap between the two.
      Minnesota has never swept a season series from UMD (or vice versa). Wisconsin had never swept four games from UMD until last year, and the Bulldogs got them back in the WCHA tournament. The Bulldogs' coach is very good at getting her team ready for a series after another team has made an impression. This series presents a big challenge to both teams. Good luck to all.
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

osualum- I really am looking forward to your recap of the games as I'm not sure if they will be available on the internet!

This is a huge, huge series for both teams!

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
          osualum- I really am looking forward to your recap of the games as I'm not sure if they will be available on the internet!

This is a huge, huge series for both teams!
          Skatefast, look for Pgb's "unofficial" three stars of the game this weekend. Pgb's recaps on here are the best in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
            Appears as though we're in agreement on this.

See you at the rink, metaphorically speaking.
            Haha, way to pull that out of my post!

Comment

Skatefast, look for Pgb's "unofficial" three stars of the game this weekend. Pgb's recaps on here are the best in my opinion.
              AH! You're right. I was confusing you with PGB. Regardless, two classy fans in the league that I've come to enjoy reading.

Best of luck this weekend. Let's hope for good hockey from both sides!

Comment

Haha, way to pull that out of my post!
                I knew you'd take it the way it was intended...which was jokingly.

Good luck this weekend...but not that good. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                  AH! You're right. I was confusing you with PGB. Regardless, two classy fans in the league that I've come to enjoy reading.

Best of luck this weekend. Let's hope for good hockey from both sides!
                  Wish I could be there. Heading to Michigan this weekend to watch my cousin play for his high school team. I think it will be a good series this weekend. We'll need to bring our 'A' game both days if we want to be successful, no question about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    I knew you'd take it the way it was intended...which was jokingly.

Good luck this weekend...but not that good. Seriously.
                    You too, Blackbeard! Good luck this weekend, but not too much!

Comment

Well, the series is almost here, and I'm certainly looking forward to it. UMD is always talented, and always competes at a high level. The games should be great. Don't forget the early 2:07 start time -- both days!

Comment

UMD 4 - OSU 3 after two. Turning into a goal fest.

Very nice 3 on 1 passing sequence for OSU with Tarr scoring from the side door to tie it up but the 'Dogs scored 30 seconds later. Second time this has happened in the second period.

What's with the 2/3 screen and delayed graphics filling the screen while play is underway?

Comment

Schottenstein? More like the OK Corral!

UMD 7 - OSU 5 Final.

SOG UMD 28 - OSU 33

Lacquette with a hat trick.
                          Last edited by Blackbeard; 01-25-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

The completed version of the Unofficial Three Stars for Friday is now available on the WCHA thread.

I say "completed" because the list of player names was actually posted late last night -- after the Buckeye Men's Team defeated Lake Superior State 3-2.

Comment

Scoreless after one!

Makes yesterday's shootout at the OK Corral look like a tea party.

Thought there might be a wholesale goaltending change today but that didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X