RPI & Union @ TUC (Saturday, 1/26/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ TUC (Saturday, 1/26/13)

The Mayor's Cup game (nee Capital Skate Classic)
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ TUC (Saturday, 1/26/13)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    The Mayor's Cup game (nee Capital Skate Classic)
    After winning the two games at home-i would rather we just continue the ECAC league schedule. We do not need this game in the way. I'm sure someone will add that we could use it for confidence-baloney-we have gained a lot of that already and this is merely a chance for someone to get hurt. It means little or nothing. just my 2ยข
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I really hate this. We get on a roll, playing our best hockey of the year, and we have to play a game that means nothing.
      Sure beating Union will be good for our confidence, but that won't put any points on the board.
      Waste of time at this point in the season.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I really hate this. We get on a roll, playing our best hockey of the year, and we have to play a game that means nothing.
        Sure beating Union will be good for our confidence, but that won't put any points on the board.
        Waste of time at this point in the season.
        The biggest thing we need to do with this game is send a message to the league, in that we are not pushovers. We need to send that to Union, especially if we end up having to face them in the playoffs again.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          The biggest thing we need to do with this game is send a message to the league, in that we are not pushovers. We need to send that to Union, especially if we end up having to face them in the playoffs again.
          Maybe so-but risking injury or anything to put a stop to our momentum? If this was possible I would call in sick and rest up. I see this as a pure no win situation. Not much to help us-and a whole lot that could hurt us. We are starting a bit of a trend-and we need all the league points we can get.

Comment

When will the refs be announced for this game?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              When can look at from another point of view, if we defeat them now, they will be less likely to look past us in the playoffs, not that I expect that to happen in any case. As to the league, I doubt that many regard us as pushovers. It isn't as if we have been blown out by any league opponent since Harvard.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Any pre-game festivities at a local Albany watering hole planned?
                Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  When can look at from another point of view, if we defeat them now, they will be less likely to look past us in the playoffs, not that I expect that to happen in any case. As to the league, I doubt that many regard us as pushovers. It isn't as if we have been blown out by any league opponent since Harvard.
                  I look at the Dartmouth/Harvard weekend as a total anomaly. Injured, in disarray and with coach SA sending this team a strong message-play or sit! Will be very interrested in seeing how we play these two teams at HFH. I am just reserving judgement a bit-i want to see how we do in the next 2-4 league games that count. This coming weekend means very little to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I look at the Dartmouth/Harvard weekend as a total anomaly. Injured, in disarray and with coach SA sending this team a strong message-play or sit! Will be very interrested in seeing how we play these two teams at HFH. I am just reserving judgement a bit-i want to see how we do in the next 2-4 league games that count. This coming weekend means very little to me.
                    DC/HU was bad, but it happened. A lot has happened since to all three teams, and i am looking forward to the rematches.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There's been a lot of talk elsewhere about either coach not going with his best lineup. That's not going to happen. Locally this game has been getting a lot of press and a big buildup. Neither coach will risk looking bad by treating this as an exhibition game. Both teams have good goaltending options so the selection of the starter doesnt negate my point even if its not Kasdorf or Grosenick. Besides, if current trends continue both teams could be TUCs. Finally I'll throw in the 7 game streak. Appert wants it to end and you know Bennett wants to keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        After winning the two games at home-i would rather we just continue the ECAC league schedule. We do not need this game in the way. I'm sure someone will add that we could use it for confidence-baloney-we have gained a lot of that already and this is merely a chance for someone to get hurt. It means little or nothing. just my 2ยข
                        Couldn't agree with you more on this Doc. This is a game, if it continues in the future, should be played during the Holiday Break when games are needed to fill an otherwise empty schedule. Yes, it could have TUC ramifications, but I don't like the break when things are going well for RPI.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                          There's been a lot of talk elsewhere about either coach not going with his best lineup. That's not going to happen. Locally this game has been getting a lot of press and a big buildup.
                          OK, I admit it. I laughed.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                            Any pre-game festivities at a local Albany watering hole planned?
                            I'm sure you'll find a number of Engineers fans at the Albany Pump Station by about 4:30 or 5:00.

Comment

Whatever lineup the coaches decide to throw out there, they will be playing to win the game.
                              As I said before, I hate having this weekend in the middle of the real schedule. Should be played much earlier in the schedule if at all.
                              Is there any chance that RPItv will be on hand to stream this game?
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                              X