X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: This is LONG.

Originally posted by TJbadgerfan View Post
    I hope they put the band right down on the glass like old times.
    hell yeah, trombone players can reach over the glass and tap players in the head with the instrument during warm-ups which I seem to recall was a minor annoyance way back when for the 1-2 players who'd stand by the glass
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

The Pacino rant of "out/back-in" fits this season perfectly.

I will never need to go to another amusement park for the rest of my life....I have been on a 4-and-a-half month rollercoaster with this club this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        "Goalie, Sieve a huskie on a stick" is a bit newer but it went extinct when the KC stopped allowing kids to bring those into the building which is just inexplicable really.

There's the Rumble Rink though I only vaguely remember that one, perhaps someone else can let us know what that one entailed.

the two that stand out in my mind are

when the opposition scores the UW fans would have the following
        pa "st. cloud goal scored by Matt Cullen" UW fans "WHO?"
        pa "assisted by Geno Parrish" UW FANS "SO WHAT!"
        pa "huskie goal scored by Cullen, assisted by Parrish, at 12:38" UW FANS "BIG DEAL!"

a funny one was when UW had a player (Gary Bunz) who had a bad habit of taking penalties the entire 3-4 sections by the penalty box would shout in unison as soon as he got to the box "HI GARY!"

there were a few others IIRC but I don't remember them

though I do certainly remember Steve Tuttle, Scott Mellanby, Mike Richter, Tony Granato et al...man those were the days
        I recall the student section, in unison, opening up and reading newspapers when the opponents starting lineup was introduced.

I have foggy recollections of the beer garden....

Comment

• Re: WISCONSIN Hockey Vol. XXIV - Craziest Season Of All Time

Just glanced through Western College Hockey's WCHA Playoff scenarios. Interesting stuff. If head to head is the first tie-breaker, it looks like all UW has to do is earn 2 pts this weekend and I'm actually going to have usable tickets the following weekend at the KC. I'm actually shocked that UW could end the weekend tied for 1st. Looking backwards, they left a lot of points out there too. I don't think I'm being over the top in saying that UW could have collected 4 or 5 pts earlier between the Tech, CC and Mankato series at home.

I'm excited for the series this weekend. I never saw a Badger game at the Concrete Donut, at least not live. I can imagine that place gets loud from being there for some high school hockey over the past 6 years or so. Speaking of HS Hockey, I was pulling for Verona on saturday, but my informant said they expended themselves completely to knock off GB Notre Dame on friday and didn't have enough left in the tank.
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
            Just glanced through Western College Hockey's WCHA Playoff scenarios. Interesting stuff. If head to head is the first tie-breaker, it looks like all UW has to do is earn 2 pts this weekend and I'm actually going to have usable tickets the following weekend at the KC. I'm actually shocked that UW could end the weekend tied for 1st. Looking backwards, they left a lot of points out there too. I don't think I'm being over the top in saying that UW could have collected 4 or 5 pts earlier between the Tech, CC and Mankato series at home.

I'm excited for the series this weekend. I never saw a Badger game at the Concrete Donut, at least not live. I can imagine that place gets loud from being there for some high school hockey over the past 6 years or so. Speaking of HS Hockey, I was pulling for Verona on saturday, but my informant said they expended themselves completely to knock off GB Notre Dame on friday and didn't have enough left in the tank.

We could easily be in first if we hadn't sharted ourselves out of the gate.

As for Verona, they certainly looked either nervous or gassed. Nerves can certainly take away your legs and most of the team looked like they their legs were Jello.

Comment

Not to poop on any parades, but the trip down memory lane won't be that great with a half-empty building.

This is Friday and as you can imagine, the ends are empty at this point.

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Seats_zps759adcc7.jpg******

Saturday looks better. Hopefully there will be a decent walk-up crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                I'm excited for the series this weekend. I never saw a Badger game at the Concrete Donut, at least not live. I can imagine that place gets loud from being there for some high school hockey over the past 6 years or so.
                I've only seen a couple of games there - the 2004-05 WCHA playoffs vs UAA. In game one, Bruckler got replaced by Elliott after misplaying a puck into our own net and a linesman got hurt and left the game but at least we won. Then we lost game two, before winning game three and avoiding the embarrassment of losing to UAA in the playoffs...again. Here's to better results this time around.
                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                sigpic
                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Bucky,

Please take at least 3pts from Jan. (I will now wash my mouth out with steel wool)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    Not to poop on any parades, but the trip down memory lane won't be that great with a half-empty building.

This is Friday and as you can imagine, the ends are empty at this point.

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Seats_zps759adcc7.jpg******

Saturday looks better. Hopefully there will be a decent walk-up crowd.
                    Ticket-Robbers is selling the tickets for $33 / seat. Guy at work paid like $38/Ticket after fees. No normal fan is going to pay that. I got mine with the ticket request for soldier field at $15/head through the university. They better lower prices if they want a walk up crowd. Not good, not good at all.

I am keeping my expectations low, as this team is so up an down. I expect a down and SCSU will be motivated.

By the way the second picture of the shart is disgusting.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      Ticket-Robbers is selling the tickets for $33 / seat. Guy at work paid like $38/Ticket after fees. No normal fan is going to pay that. I got mine with the ticket request for soldier field at $15/head through the university. They better lower prices if they want a walk up crowd. Not good, not good at all.

I am keeping my expectations low, as this team is so up an down. I expect a down and SCSU will be motivated.

I thought the ticket prices were supposed to be retro too. Thought they said that when this series was announced.

Am I remembering that wrong?

Comment

I thought the ticket prices were supposed to be retro too. Thought they said that when this series was announced.

Yep, and then they gave the ticket selling rights to TicketMaster - boom $38/ticket after fees.

They may have had their hand forced to use those clowns to sell tickets by the Alliant Energy Center, but they should have made sure the price stayed less than typical Kohl center ticket cost.
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-04-2013, 11:26 AM.
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Season ticket holders got the opportunity to purchase low-priced tickets. Students get a big discount, and "old people" with season tickets have/had (I don't know which) the opportunity to buy tickets at the 1998 price. As for the general public, there was nothing special, but there should be.

Comment

Well, last weekend's results weren't terribly surprising. Usually shut down D stymies high octane O, and that happened. The wildcard was UNO's goaltending. Obviously Blias was looking for a miracle when he pulled Massa's redshirt and it blew up in his face for the short and long term. The question was if UW could take advantage of the UNO goaltending, and they did. Maybe, just maybe, Zengerlee is going to be able to play like this the rest of the season. I'd like to see Kerdiles get hot too, and Lee get back.

St. Cl has very good D and very good O, so I think we're looking at a couple tight, tight games.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I've been thinking about and it was mentioned in a post this morning so ... hoping someone will lead the Rumple Rink cheer from the railing this weekend. Seems really fitting with our current goalie's name.

"RUMBLE RINK"

"IS THIS NOT THE WINNING NET?" (POINTING)
                              (crowd) "YES, THIS IS THE WINNING NET!"

"IS THAT NOT THE LOSING NET?"
                              (crowd) "YES, THAT IS THE LOSING NET!"

"IS THAT NOT THE BIG SCOREBOARD?"
                              (crowd) "YES, THAT IS THE BIG SCOREBOARD!"

"IS THIS NOT THE RUMBLE RINK?"
                              (crowd) "YES, THIS IS THE RUMBLE RINK!"

"WINNING NET!"
                              (crowd) "WINNING NET!"

"LOSING NET!"
                              (crowd) "LOSING NET!"

"BIG SCOREBOARD!"
                              (crowd) "BIG SCOREBOARD!"

"RUMBLE RINK!"
                              (crowd) "RUMBLE RINK!"

"WHO'S A SIEVE"?
                              (Crowd yells goalies' name!)...then
                              "SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE, SIEVE......

Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by KayGBWI View Post
                                "IS THIS NOT THE RUMBLE RINK?"
                                (crowd) "YES, THIS IS THE RUMBLE RINK!"
                                Young person here. This seems like as good a time as any to ask...what on earth is a "rumble rink?" How did that get started, and why is it not a "hockey rink?" (I feel like that would be the one part of the arena that didn't rumble.) Sorry, but I've read about this before and it just seems so bizarre.

Comment

Working...
                                X