This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

I am a little surprised 39 wasn't benched last weekend after the confrontation between him and TW after the Mercyhurst debacle. Especially when so many of the players have sucked it up and played through injuries. Particularly amazing when you consider they played against the advice of doctors, and with injuries that sound a lot worse than "back spasms". A few days ago I suggested that many of the players looked up to TW and liked playing for him. I was answered by people pointing to the abysmal W/L record and the lack of scoring. I have found you usually can measure a players desire by things that don't show up on a stat sheet. One of the many lessons I learned from Shawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      I have found you usually can measure a players desire by things that don't show up on a stat sheet. One of the many lessons I learned from Shawn.
      I don't doubt they like Tim, my question is why in terms of hockey? What are they learning? They play like they practice, half speed. Most of the players turn into grinders and don't seem to progress into scorers. I just don't get it.
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

First in line tonight. There are ten of us. 65 students braving the cold. I think my fingers froze while typing this

Comment

you brave soul.

I'll think of you when I am eating my dragon roll...and again when I get home to see the rest of the game on TV. I'm still at work...

First in line tonight. There are ten of us. 65 students braving the cold. I think my fingers froze while typing this
          Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            When's the last time Maine picked up 2 points they shouldn't have?
            sadly, mercyhurst.

Comment

From what I see on the tv attendance looks decent
              IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NAVY AND BLUE! UMAINE BLACK BEARS

National Champions 93' 99'

Comment

Attendance is way higher than last night. Especially the $50 seats. The upper bowl in front of me is almost sold out

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  I don't doubt they like Tim, my question is why in terms of hockey? What are they learning? They play like they practice, half speed. Most of the players turn into grinders and don't seem to progress into scorers. I just don't get it.
                  Course they like TIMMAY. He doesn't work them in practice, so they aren't being run into the ground, so they can float thru practice and still be fresh and energized at the kegger that night. he's not a taskmaster, so they're not getting yelled at all the time, even when they keep making the same stupid mistakes game after game. Their season gets done early, so they're out on the links playing golf way before anyone else.

What's not to like?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

In any event, TIMMAY looked a little flustered at the end of the period. Feeling the pressure a bit, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      In any event, TIMMAY looked a little flustered at the end of the period. Feeling the pressure a bit, maybe?
                      2 black bears were tackled. From behing after ahem snaky slashed at a covered puck

Timmy finally gave gravalese a piece if his mind when no warriors were called for anything... And Joey was previously called for a much less violent hit

Comment

Game was on in the restaurant...I almost spit a mouthful of sushi at my wife on that non-call...

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                        2 black bears were tackled. From behing after ahem snaky slashed at a covered puck

Timmy finally gave gravalese a piece if his mind when no warriors were called for anything... And Joey was previously called for a much less violent hit
                        Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Lomberg absolutely plows over the Merrimack goalie Lol, Timmy's sure teaching them good discipline.
                          IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NAVY AND BLUE! UMAINE BLACK BEARS

National Champions 93' 99'

Comment

Attendance is way higher than last night. Especially the $50 seats. The upper bowl in front of me is almost sold out
                            I see Abbott schmoozing with you in your perch
                            Any news for us underlings?

And did you happen to see what happened to Bob Bernard?
                            I was watching the play
                            (The linesman looked like he was knocked out cold in front of the MC bench)

Comment

Our favorite AD is watching the game next to me. Anything I should ask him?

Comment

Ask him if he read my email, and what he plans to do about it. Was a counterpoint to the UMaine professor's opinion piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X