This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Losing your temper and arguing with referees is unseemly and ungentlemanly, and besmirches the purity and soul of the sport.
    Someone got a new thesaurus for their birthday! ;-)
    Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I understand he isn't Shawn, but come on, he lost one of seniors to a cheap shot. I'd have gotten kicked out of the game
      They would have had to keep me from jumping the boards myself...
      Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

• Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Right on the first page, there's a big box at the bottom that says "Audio/video".
        Well I'll be. Buried among tabs for the Student Athlete Academic Spotlight, E-Newsletter, Auction, Photo Store, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by revoman View Post
          With three in a year, his bell is now permanently "pre-rung"...it will not take a hard shot at all to send him to the quiet room. I wish him luck, good health and no long lasting effects.
          D*** shame. Beattie was fun to watch down in South Florida. Really had a nice tournment.

But I agree with everyone else. The kid's got another 55-60 years in him, knock on wood. It is so unbelievably not worth it for him to continue putting his head in harm's way.

Hopefully the univ does the right thing: tell him he doesn't need to lace up again, and that the univ will fully honor his scholarship (assuming he's on one).
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
            That's what I'm saying. It is part and parcel with the horrible way the entire athletic department is run. The budget is a shoestring, I understand, but the off the field out put is sub-D3 level. The website is a joke, you can't find anything on there. The internet feeds are terrible, anyone who is buying them is a complete sucker. If WABI can't come up with an HD truck, don't let them broadcast the games. It kills attendance anyways, and when WPME in Portland picks up WABI's crap feed and makes it even crappier, it seriously looks 1982 quality.

Division I athletics takes a certain level of commitment, and the University of Maine isn't putting it forward in any way. I realize this is Maine, and I should temper my expectations, but god****. Take some pride in your work product.
            Games produced at New Hampshire and North Dakota are on TV tonight and both are in SD. Is that the university's doing or the local station's? I haven't done either internet video feed because I have no interest in paying for them, but are they in HD or SD? If you're going to charge for a feed, it really should be in HD. I would prefer a model like Northeastern's where you don't have to pay for the feed, but Maine is looking for new revenue streams to exploit, not eliminate. And yes, the WPME feed is almost unwatchable.

Speaking of revenue streams, if you're unhappy with the website, thank our friend Blake James for selling out to ClearChannel Learfield. As part of that deal they're in charge of the website. If you look at sites of many other Learfield schools their pages will look very similar, right down to the address paths for the pages.

Edit: Still no official word on Beattie, but Leidermark and BOC are due back tomorrow. Leidermark will take the place of Norman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              ClearChannel Learfield schools their pages will look very similar, right down to the address paths for the pages.
              That's standardization for you in an efficient society where the technicization of everything leads to uniformity, sameness, and monopoly. So much for local control in an interdependent world. Isn't neofeudalism fun?

Thank God at least the Alfond has some uniqueness to it because those cookie-cutter modern rinks have no character.

The Athetic Department should have never ditched WZON; and not even allowing time for them to make a counter proposal is criminal for a public university funded by taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                D*** shame. Beattie was fun to watch down in South Florida. Really had a nice tournment.

But I agree with everyone else. The kid's got another 55-60 years in him, knock on wood. It is so unbelievably not worth it for him to continue putting his head in harm's way.

Hopefully the univ does the right thing: tell him he doesn't need to lace up again, and that the univ will fully honor his scholarship (assuming he's on one).
                d a mn strait. I hope he can complete his education. But the poor kid has had his 3rd concussion. Like he's gonna be able to do anything. The friggin U better honor his scholorship He's not showing up for class Monday, I can assure u of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                  Also, is it just me or do we lose almost every face off? I'd be curious what our stats are for face offs.
                  College Hockey Inc

S Swavely 115-97 (.542)
                  Devin Shore 106-127 (.455)
                  Kyle Beattie 93-95 (.495)
                  Stu Higgins 89-86 (.509)
                  Mark Anthoine 68-50 (.576)

Team total: 519-529 (.495)

Through last Sunday, Maine was tied for 3rd in Hockey East in faceoff percentage. Only UMass (.550) and BC (.538) are above 50%.

Edit: League games only.
                  Overall, Maine is 829-770 (.518)
                  Last edited by Priceless; 02-02-2013, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Stats don't lie I guess. I thought Shore was the best of the bunch, but it appears that he's not. It just seems that we cleanly lose a LOT of d zone face-offs and rarely cleanly win o zone face-offs. Hope the boys bring their lunch pails today!

This is hockey, okay? ... If you don't play this game with a lot of heart and a big bag of knuckles, you don't got dinky-doo!!
                    Last edited by Hockeyman99; 02-03-2013, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                      Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                      The friggin U better honor his scholorship He's not showing up for class Monday, I can assure u of that.
                      A student athlete cannot lose a scholarship due to injury.
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        A student athlete cannot lose a scholarship due to injury.
                        2nd semester in his senior year, injured or not he isn't losing it
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Beattie's a senior??

Man, time flies when you aren't paying close attention.
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Lets hope that someone from the Hockey Program has the Smarts to send a video of the play to Hockey East League Office,even when no penalty is called,most to every Conference can step in and watch the video in question and hand out Disciplinary action...I think that play warrented a 5min. major and a Game DQ...hopefully the League see's it that way and hands out a one game susupension...and with that they should take a good look at those 2 Refs/2 Linesman and inquiry where they were on that play,seems like they were not even in the Building..? Boston Mafia at it's best. And lets hope that Kyle Beattie is Ok.
                            Refs purpose on ice is to protect players. If they screw up bad enough, then they too should be disciplined.

Comment

From WMEB's Bryan Roche

Maine lines
                              *****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCMjuMkCAAEemxn.jpg******

Lowell lines
                              *****https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BCMjhx3CAAALmsv.jpg******

Comment

Joey wins the game in OT, great weekend for him, I don't think he had a penalty? is that a first . Marty was great in OT, sounded like Lowell had all the chances until Joey came in. Timmay is saving his job for another year at least
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X