• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

There once was a man named Ray
    Who didnt know quite what to say
    So he picked on all bear
    How much did he dare
    Knowing soon all bear would come along and beat the chit outta him.

How'd I do ??
    sure why not

Comment

You're starting to get the hang of it. Keep practicing.
      bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
      SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
      All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
      A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Nice job this weekend by Maine. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, loves to see the #1 team get swept by the team in last place in their league. Beautiful.

Comment

almost everyone.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            You're starting to get the hang of it. Keep practicing.
            There once was a coach name of Timmay
            Who had a stud goalie named Jimmay
            He sparks much debate
            Cuz he can't motivate
            Chance of keeping his job's kind of slim, aye.
            Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Thank you, Tim. You did what you could and could do no more.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
              Yeah, time warner
              You probably know this, but if the amt you pay each month seems high, you have to call down and talk to a rep at TW. Some of the deals they offer new customers will be given to you but you have to ask. My bill was up to like 141.00 but I got it down to like 124.00 and that includes int., HD, and a like 300 channels. I threatened them with what the sat dish's were gonna do and they came down like twice. If you are set on drop-kicking them, you can get most of what you want thru the air, with the exception of NESN.

Comment

Whitehead needs to make the Hockey East playoffs or he is toast.........you heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                  Whitehead needs to make the Hockey East playoffs or he is toast.........you heard it here first.
                  Are you predicting based on sentiment or reporting based on inside information?

I have zero inside info, but I would put my guess at only a 5% chance Whitehead gets the axe due to institutional factors (president just cares the programs keep their nose clean), athletic department turmoil (will Abbott stay or go?), lack of money (buyout is expensive), attendance not completely cratering (not what it was, but it is still higher than it should be for an execrable team), and perceived improved performance (we beat BC! Shore looks good!).

Comment

Maine is last in goals for in conference play, but 2nd in goals against....PP still is a MASSIVE issue, as is general goals scoring...FORECHECK is the major difference I saw at Conte...but PP is still woeful Against Cornell and Mercyhurst, 4 of 12, and Tim then changes it...since then 1/31....., 0/9 at BC....0/7 against Merrimack what could a goal have done for us or 2...?,,,,will some tell him that Cerratani rushing puck in, and Norman fiumbling it at blue libne is not going to get them to the promised land......Beattie fumbbles at blue line...we actually had a 3 on 1 against.... during our PP vs BC......

Comment

BC drops to 5th after this weekend...
                      Been a long time, been a long time been a long, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time

Comment

Not really a surprise, congratulations to Jon Swavely and Martin Ouellette for receiving player and defensive players of the week in Hockey East. A little more special for Swavely as he missed games early in the season to injury.
                        Last edited by Runsub5; 01-28-2013, 05:28 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                          Not really a surprise, congratulations to Jon Swavely and Martin Ouellette for receiving offensive and defensive players of the week in Hockey East.
                          what will be more interesting is seeing how that will affect PWR down the road...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                            A) huh?
                            B) not sure I would put a loss to a top 2 team (the q) in there with mercyhurst and Vermont....
                            (A) There record of only 7 wins is awful to say the least,had they not won 2 vs BC this record would be more dreadful and the kicker NO WIN's on Home Ice...they have Neutral Ice wins in Kansas City(Army),Florida(UMD,Cornell)...home away from home in Portland(Mercyhurst)...and 3 wins in Hockey East away games(1@UML-- 2@BC)...as far as Quinnipiac,I am hard on them,not that they are not having a excellant season...plus a opening win @ Maine,but until they Win in their Conference Playoff games and go to the NCAA's and at least win one game then I still think there suspect,plus the ECAC factor...but FWIW I think that Quinnipiac should have been the team added to Hockey East instead of UCONN,why...they have a New Building in place/Hockey would be more or less the only game in town...similiar to Maine in yesteryears...UCONN Hockey is 4th on the ladder rung,Mens/Womens B-Ball and the FB program will get all the attention and upgrades while the Hockey Team plays in a less then stellar rink,which they have said they would replace down the line(so figure 3-5 yrs from now)..so thats why...may or may not answer all your Q's...!

Comment

I likes this...............
                              http://24.media.tumblr.com/5989e917d...1p94o1_500.png

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                                That's the Spirit!

Comment

Working...
                                X