X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine 2012-13 Part 3D: Still digging

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Sad to say this, but I fear TIMMAY saved his job with this weekend.
    Although one can argue exactly the opposite. This team has had the talent, but the coach is not able to take advantage of that game in game out.

Comment

Lets see what happens this weekend, lose to PC and I doubt he saved anything
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyj65 View Post
        Although one can argue exactly the opposite. This team has had the talent, but the coach is not able to take advantage of that game in game out.
        I'll go along with this. Maine looked pretty good to me. Impressed with #94 and that entire frosh line. Some good young talent on this Maine team.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Even if Maine went 0 for the rest of the season, I'd still bet on Whitehead returning for his final year.

I guess the sweep ups my thinking from 65% likely Whitehead returns to 85% likely, but I thought it was happening anyway.

Next year in particular will be telling. If the youngsters continue to develop, TW will get a chance to make a run, and in his contract year. Frankly, if the goaltending is there, I wouldn't bet against it. At this point, it's looking like the real disaster this year was the start of the season. 25 games in: 2-10-1 after the first 13 games, 5-4-3 over the next 12. Add a power play to the mix, and the Maine team from this weekend might be in the hunt for home ice.

I realized a long time ago that I have zero pull with the athletic department, so I'll choose to be cautiously optimistic for next season. :\
          Last edited by amherstblackbear; 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM.
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
            But seriously, for all the Jerry York fawning, do Maine fans take any solace in this weekend's results?
            This doesn't make sense. Maybe trot this out there if whitehead doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              ............. Impressed with #94 and that entire frosh line. Some good young talent on this Maine team.
              Compliments are in order to the Maine coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                For being in last place and not having won a game at the Alfond yet this season?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Sad to say this, but I fear TIMMAY saved his job with this weekend.
                  Funny thing is a record of 7-14-4 and 2 wins over BC makes more then losses to Mercyhurst/Vermont/St.Lawrence/Quinnipiac and a 0 for Alfond record...scary,huh...I know its College Hockey and Common $ense will not factor in...or will it..?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    If i could only forget about whats happening at the Alfond. 0 wins and dwindling attendance. Thanks alot Timmay!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by '93,'99,?? View Post
                      Who is your cable provider, Time Warner?
                      Yeah, time warner
                      sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        This doesn't make sense. Maybe trot this out there if whitehead doesn't get the respect he deserves.
                        He does
                        Exactly that much

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                          There is this team from Maine
                          Always giving their fans much pain
                          Sweep the National Champs?
                          No problem they say,
                          But in the cellar they remain
                          This might help you from further butchering a fine poetic form.
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            Funny thing is a record of 7-14-4 and 2 wins over BC makes more then losses to Mercyhurst/Vermont/St.Lawrence/Quinnipiac and a 0 for Alfond record...scary,huh...I know its College Hockey and Common $ense will not factor in...or will it..?
                            A) huh?
                            B) not sure I would put a loss to a top 2 team (the q) in there with mercyhurst and Vermont....

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                              This might help you from further butchering a fine poetic form.
                              I loved it the way it was!

Comment

The team on the ice that's from Maine,
                                E'er giving their fans too much pain,
                                Sweep the national champs
                                Often lighting the lamps,
                                Quite stuck in the cellar remain.

Limericks are about rhythm and rhyme.
                                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                                X