Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just need your help for one minute, please, gotta figure this out, thanks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just need your help for one minute, please, gotta figure this out, thanks.

OK, I just need your opinion about something, I'll give you a short scenario and I'd like to know what you think, what your answer to the question is that follows the scenario.

Person A says to Person B - I bet you 100 that your team, the IceDogs, will lose tomorrow.
    Person B says to Person A - I'm convinced IceDogs will win, but I'll only take U up on that bet if U give me 2 to 1 odds.
    Person A says to Person B - I accept those terms, I'll give you 2 to 1 odds.

So, my question is, after the IceDogs lose the game, how much does Person B owe Person A?

Option Z - 200
    Option Y - 100
    Option X - 50
    Option W - 0

And if the IceDogs win, how much does Person A owe Person B?

Your help by answering this question will be greatly appreciated. I came here, to this forum, because I needed unbiases sports fans opinions. Thanks.
    Last edited by Back2BackU-MnPride2002; 01-17-2013, 07:19 AM.

Re: Just need your help for one minute, please, gotta figure this out, thanks.

You'll owe your North Dakota friend 100 after tomorrow's game.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Owe Gawd...
      'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Nothing; betting on sports is illegal in 49 states.

Powers &8^]

Comment

The bet was made out in Vegas while there on vacation. Does that make it ok for you to answer the question LtPowers?

Comment

To answer your question, the way sports betters phrase the bet is either "You must put up $200 to win $100", or "You must put up $100 to win $200". You've put $100 on the table at 2-to-1 odds against. This means that you must bet $100 to win $200. If you win, your $100 is returned to you, and in addition, you are paid $200. If you lose, your $100 is gone.

Comment

It's completely ambiguous. $200 up against $100 would be a 2:1 bet, as would $100 against $50 - it just depends which side of the bet you adjust when you change from 1:1 to 2:1.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                It's completely ambiguous. $200 up against $100 would be a 2:1 bet, as would $100 against $50 - it just depends which side of the bet you adjust when you change from 1:1 to 2:1.
                Yeah it's a very poorly made bet, which shows why neither person A nor person B should be betting on sports. But if I were asked to decide it I would conclude it's a $100/$200 wager.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  To answer your question, the way sports betters phrase the bet is either "You must put up $200 to win $100", or "You must put up $100 to win $200". You've put $100 on the table at 2-to-1 odds against. This means that you must bet $100 to win $200. If you win, your $100 is returned to you, and in addition, you are paid $200. If you lose, your $100 is gone.
                  I think you made an assumption that the bet was in dollars. It could have been in potato chips.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I think you made an assumption that the bet was in dollars. It could have been in potato chips.
                    Win.
                    'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Perhaps it was in Catland, where $ pertains to ounces of Meow Mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post
                        Does that make it ok for you to answer the question LtPowers?
                        You obviously have no idea how this board works.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Does anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post
                            OK, I just need your opinion about something, I'll give you a short scenario and I'd like to know what you think, what your answer to the question is that follows the scenario.

Person A says to Person B - I bet you 100 that your team, the IceDogs, will lose tomorrow.
                            Person B says to Person A - I'm convinced IceDogs will win, but I'll only take U up on that bet if U give me 2 to 1 odds.
                            Person A says to Person B - I accept those terms, I'll give you 2 to 1 odds.

So, my question is, after the IceDogs lose the game, how much does Person B owe Person A?

Option Z - 200
                            Option Y - 100
                            Option X - 50
                            Option W - 0

And if the IceDogs win, how much does Person A owe Person B?

Your help by answering this question will be greatly appreciated. I came here, to this forum, because I needed unbiases sports fans opinions. Thanks.
                            You owe me $300.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              It doesn't. It's jacked up on cinder blocks in the dooryard.
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Working...
                              X