No announcement yet.

Preliminary & Ongoing Pairwise Watch and 2013 NCAA Tournament Musing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Preliminary & Ongoing Pairwise Watch and 2013 NCAA Tournament Musing Thread

Originally posted by brookyone View Post
    I'll take the bets per UW and UND should it ever come to pass.
    I was about to post something similar and then read your post. You figure you could make some room for someone else to get in on the action? You gotta love shooting big fish in a small barrel.

Comment

• Re: Preliminary & Ongoing Pairwise Watch and 2013 NCAA Tournament Musing Thread

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Evidently, fear the Lakers (except if your Robert Morris).
      Robert Morris will likely never come close to beating Mercyhurst again in the years to come..yes they came up on the top side of the scoreboard
      this year but it was a combination of injury to Mercyhurst, sheer luck for Robert Morris, (jaw dropping reffing @ RMU) and an unbridled hatred for Mercyhurst on behalf of RMU.
      Coach Colontino from RMU recruited nearly every player at Mercyhurst...the last match up is, with out a doubt, a clear example of the Mercyhurst Ladies and coaching staff putting RMU back in their place

Regardless...The Lakers are a team to be feared...they have the potential to take nearly every team in the top 8..(I said "nearly")
      My personal opinion .... Minn/Cornell in the final

I predict a whole bunch of blah blah blah ....etc but I base my opinion strictly on knowledge of the game not on rah! rah! rah! ..Ame O Jogo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
        However, staying with my premise that everyone knows the rules going in.
        Just because you know the rules going in doesn't mean that they aren't wrong. You keep going on about winning the key games without addressing that which games are key is arbitrary, often not predictable at the time they are played, sometimes come in amounts too small to have any meaning, and can involve third party teams that do not in and of themselves merit much "keyness." You talk about how North Dakota would be in better shape if they had just put together a better record against Wisconsin without ever addressing the fact that going 3-0-1 against Minnesota State is just as pivotal in where they sit? Again I ask why it is that North Dakota's games against MSU ought to be more key than Mercyhurst's games against Robert Morris, a team that holds a similar position in the CHA that MSU holds in the WCHA? And they are not just more key, they are vastly so, to the point that an .875 winning percentage in those games hurts North Dakota more than a .250 winning percentage hurts Mercyhurst?

Comment

Where do you come up with the fact I have an Anti WCHA bias ?. Admittedly biased towards favoring the ECAC, but by no means do I have a anti WCHA bias. Just merely stating facts. For what it is worth, in my opinion there should be at least two, if not three WCHA teams in the tournament. Like you, personally believe MC is overrated and UND and Wisco should both be ahead of them. However, staying with my premise that everyone knows the rules going in. Not unlike years past, the number three team from a league in the pairings is at risk of not getting in. Therefore the match-ups between those No 2 and No 3 teams become key. Right now UND is 1-3 vs the Badgers, and that has them on the outside looking in. If UND manages to get ahead of Wisco they are in. That means at a minimum they have to beat Wisco in the semi's of the WCHA tourney.
          It was you wasn't it...once stating the WCHA's NCAA dynasty thus far was "bad for the sport." Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm remembering that right. Maybe I'll put the effort into digging up the comment I know was made by someone.
          Last edited by brookyone; 02-18-2013, 07:43 PM.
          Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I will contribute to this Mercyhurst-bashing party by stating that as a BC fan, I hope and pray that BC draws the Lakers in the NCAA quarterfinals as it's not too often BC is able to draw a bye to the Frozen Four.

I will also preempt any "ZOMG BUT BC LOST TO MERCYHURST LULZZZZZ" by reminding any Lakers fans with a bad memory of how badly BC dominated them in that game even without Haley Skarupakalifragilisticexpialidocious and if it weren't for that epic goaltending performance BC probably would have had a couple additional field goals, three layups, and a rouge by the time all was said and done.
            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              I was about to post something similar and then read your post. You figure you could make some room for someone else to get in on the action? You gotta love shooting big fish in a small barrel.
              Sure...absolutely. Should be no problem with the apparent confidence in a hypothetical UW or UND beatdown. I base my opinion on...what I've seen in my crystal ball and tarot cards.
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I base my opinion on...what I've seen in my crystal ball and tarot cards.
                That's good enough for me. Show me to the wicket.

Comment

It was you wasn't it...once stating the WCHA's NCAA dynasty thus far was "bad for the sport." Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I'm remembering that right. Maybe I'll put the effort into digging up the comment I know was made by someone.
                  Never made that comment. You better start digging.

Comment

Never made that comment. You better start digging.
                    I said maybe. I'm too lazy and that's too much work. I apologize for implying it was you who made that statement if you did not.

I stated my opinion that Pairwise is grossly inefficient towards its alleged purpose. I don't care if everyone is aware of the rules going into each seasons competition. As Eeyore states, that doesn't change what I believe to be fact...that the PWR system is a complete turd that IMO nearly invariably gets it wrong, and despite everyone being aware of the rules...that's still my opinion.

I would gladly accept any wager in a UW or UND vs. Mercyhurst NCAA match up though, seriously. A gamble I'd take for what I'd see as a legit shot at a winning bet.
                    Minnesota Hockey

Comment

I would gladly accept any wager in a UW or UND vs. Mercyhurst NCAA match up though, seriously. A gamble I'd take for what I'd see as a legit shot at a winning bet.
                      I'd take the same bet, but only if the amount wagered was small enough that I wouldn't have to root for either one of them.
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

[QUOTE=myStuff;5638232]Robert Morris will likely never come close to beating Mercyhurst again in the years to come..yes they came up on the top side of the scoreboard
                        this year but it was a combination of injury to Mercyhurst, sheer luck for Robert Morris, (jaw dropping reffing @ RMU) and an unbridled hatred for Mercyhurst on behalf of RMU.
                        Coach Colontino from RMU recruited nearly every player at Mercyhurst...the last match up is, with out a doubt, a clear example of the Mercyhurst Ladies and coaching staff putting RMU back in their place

Did I miss something here, didn’t Lindenwood just complete a sweep of Robert Morris and isn’t this the same Robert Morris that you claim beat Mercyhurst in the fluke of the century. Except they did it twice didn’t they. I would bet more than you can afford to lose!!

Comment

Did I miss something here, didn’t Lindenwood just complete a sweep of Robert Morris and isn’t this the same Robert Morris that you claim beat Mercyhurst in the fluke of the century. Except they did it twice didn’t they. I would bet more than you can afford to lose!!

Nah...That would be foolish of you

Comment

Originally posted by myStuff View Post

Nah...That would be foolish of you
                            It doesn't impress me as a positive when a team that beats you 3 out of 4 is in turn beaten by a team with a .234 winning %.

I think the 1-3 results vs. Robert Morris are in fact documented as opposed to merely being claimed.

Flukes happen. Even in NCAA games...I know. Or you could ask TTT...
                            Last edited by brookyone; 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM.
                            Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by mnpokecheck View Post
                              I suspect UND may need to win the WCHA Tourney to get in.
                              If they win out and lose to Minny, they have a good shot in my eyes. Of course the other playoffs out east could help or hurt, too.

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
                              WCHA Playoff Champions:
                              NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
                              NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by myStuff View Post
                                Robert Morris will likely never come close to beating Mercyhurst again in the years to come..yes they came up on the top side of the scoreboard

Regardless...The Lakers are a team to be feared...they have the potential to take nearly every team in the top 8..(I said "nearly")
                                My personal opinion .... Minn/Cornell in the final

I predict a whole bunch of blah blah blah ....etc but I base my opinion strictly on knowledge of the game not on rah! rah! rah! ..Ame O Jogo!!!
                                No knowledge claim here, but If I had the chance, I'm going with Rah rah Wisco or Whioux over Lakers sis boom bah!
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X