Tuesday 1/15 - It takes a New Man to beat a Lion! Beaver bites Cow? MASCAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday 1/15 - It takes a New Man to beat a Lion! Beaver bites Cow? MASCAC

Some intriguing matchups tonight. Tuesday means MASCAC and then the intriguing interconference matchups that mean so much to the Board (bored?) posters. We'll discuss them at length.

Here's the schedule -- http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2012-13/schedule

Oh and it will cost you $7.99 to watch Williams - Babson. I'm doing (not so) live stats instead.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Tuesday 1/15 - It takes a New Man to beat a Lion! Beaver bites Cow? MASCAC

Klag gets the start for Williams tonight. Opposed by Testa for Les Castors.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Some intriguing matchups tonight. Tuesday means MASCAC and then the intriguing interconference matchups that mean so much to the Board (bored?) posters. We'll discuss them at length.

Here's the schedule -- http://d3hockey.com/seasons/men/2012-13/schedule

Oh and it will cost you $7.99 to watch Williams - Babson. I'm doing (not so) live stats instead.
      I think that one bite will let loose a whole load of "Mad Cow"

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

End 1
        Williams 2 (Steinig, Skinner)
        Babson 1 (Driscoll - PPG)

SOG 11-9 Babson

End 2
        Williams 2
        Babson 2 (Leer)

SOG Williams 9/4 Babson 11/5

Looks like either they were Fearless Fosdick with the shots or both teams clamped down with the 1-2-2.

FINAL
        Williams 3 (Mistretta)
        Babson 3 (Driscoll - PPG)

SOG Williams 27 Babson 25
        PP's Williams 1/5 Babson 2/4
        Last edited by joecct; 01-15-2013, 08:18 PM.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Neumann knocks off Penn State in OT
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

End 1
            Williams 2 (Steinig, Skinner)
            Babson 1 (Driscoll - PPG)

SOG 11-9 Babson

End 2
            Williams 2
            Babson 2 (Leer)

SOG Williams 9/4 Babson 11/5

Looks like either they were Fearless Fosdick with the shots or both teams clamped down with the 1-2-2.

FINAL
            Williams 3 (Mistretta)
            Babson 3 (Driscoll - PPG)

SOG Williams 27 Babson 25
            PP's Williams 1/5 Babson 2/4
            It gets more interesting!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

CORTLAND 3
              HAMILTON 2

Cortland received two second period goals from A.J. Moyer, his 6th & 7th of the season, and Lyle Rocker made 36 saves to lead Cortland to a 3-2 win over visiting Hamilton on Tuesday night.

After a scoreless first period, Moyer put the Red Dragons ahead with a power play goal at 4:59. The assist went to Michael Lysyj. Moyer, assisted again by Lysyj and Chris Kaleta, made it 2-0 just 3:03 later. Hamilton cut the lead in half on Andrew White's 2nd goal of the season. The goal at 16:49 was assisted by Brian Ferrell. Cortland's eventual game winner came with only 46 seconds left in the middle stanza. Nick Zappia's 8th goal was assisted by Adam Diorio.

The Continentals scored the only goal of the third period, and it was on the power play. Scott Vazquez' 2nd goal of the season came with 8:01 remaining and was assisted by Dom Jancaterino and Andrew Jelinek. Hamilton pulled goalie Cam Gibbar for the final 40 seconds but couldn't come up with the equalizer.

Rocker improved to 6-7-2 with the win, while Gibbar lost his only start of the season.
              2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
              2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
              2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Comment

Manhattanville 9, Suffolk 2
                UMass Boston 3, Southern N.H. 0
                Worcester State 6, Fitchburg State 2
                Conn. College 5, Curry 1
                2005-6 ECAC E/NESCAC Last Person Standing Champion
                2006-7 SUNYAC PICK 'EM Champion

OSWEGO STATE GREAT LAKERS
                2006-7 DIII NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

www.greenesalehouse.com

Comment

Originally posted by jabber811 View Post
                  Manhattanville 9, Suffolk 2
                  UMass Boston 3, Southern N.H. 0
                  Worcester State 6, Fitchburg State 2
                  Conn. College 5, Curry 1
                  What the heck is up with Curry this year? Oh well...better for Norwich that Conn. College picked up a win.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    What the heck is up with Curry this year? Oh well...better for Norwich that Conn. College picked up a win.
                    Did messs up Pickum BUT you are 100% Correct
                    Steve Day(NU71)
                    Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                      Did messs up Pickum BUT you are 100% Correct
                      Conn. College is actually unbeaten since losing to Norwich. The Camels are 2-0-2 with ties to Amherst and Hamilton last weekend.

Two more road games at Wesleyan and Trinity this weekend and then six of their last nine are at home after that. Hopefully Conn. College can get near .500.

Looking at things more and more, Norwich is going to need all the help they can get should they lose the ECAC East Tournament this year.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

I don't think either Babson or Williams helped themselves with a tie. In the Pool C world, you've got to get the 2 points.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                          I don't think either Babson or Williams helped themselves with a tie. In the Pool C world, you've got to get the 2 points.
                          Both need to AQ to get in. Both of them know that, and I think Plattsburgh is in the same boat.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                            A tie with a ranked team is way better than a loss. Both Babson and Williams should be on the NCAAs regional list at the end of of Feb.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Both need to AQ to get in. Both of them know that, and I think Plattsburgh is in the same boat.
                              Let's see where Utica and Hobart are after grueling conference play gets going. I would not hand them a Pool C (or two) just yet. I've seen the "el foldo" before. Same for NESCAC tourney non-winner. Everybody seemed to count out SUNYAC for a Pool C a bit too early IMO. The toughest part of Plattsburgh and Oswego's schedule has already been played. Either one (particularly Oswego) can roll up 8-10 more wins without much of a problem. That would be 19,20, 21 wins which usually does it. This win total includes SUNYAC tourney games of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X