Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    Why would you ever think that? Silly rodents.
    Hey, btw, Hockey Day at Chez Rube, for the local people who know me well enough to have me grace them with my presence. /tArrogance
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Lots of empirical evidence on this thread
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
        You were lucky to get post #21.
        Well I did see that one, and yes it's been the most informative post, if that counts for anything, so far. HOWEVER, after going through his assessment of each team's advantages as compared to the opponent, his conclusion was questionable!

Offense: Push
        Defense: Slight Edge Minnesota
        Goaltending: Slight Edge Minnesota
        Special Teams: Edge Minnesota
        Intangibles: Edge Minnesota

Either "Edge" or "Slight Edge" to Minnesota in each category, with one "Push", leaving no area where in his opinion UND has the advantage. But then at the end:

"Series Prediction: The games will be close."

Again, a great effort on Fighting Sioux 23's part, but if I'm going to give Team A the advantage in just about every facet of the game, I'm probably not going to conclude that "the games will be close."

But realistically, given the competitive history of the series and the actual results so far this season, plus where they stand in the PWR, I think Fighting Sioux 23's prediction will prove to be accurate: I expect both games to be very close. Both teams will come to play, that's for sure.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I like gritty hockey. However, that IS different than "cheap" hockey, of which this series always has.

That being said, MN sweeps in a close one. Over/under for heart attacks for me: a baker's dozen for the weekend.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Even though I've NEVER been a North Dakota fan - and that's putting it very mildly - I'm going to really miss this series. Which explains why this weekend will be extra special: When we Gopher fans look back over the next 4+ years to the last series against UND, we'll want the memory to be a good one! Not to mention that I have a good friend who BLEEDS Sioux hockey, and if we lose I'll never hear the end of it!

GO GOPHERS!
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Losing this series is a college hockey travesty.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Losing this series is a college hockey travesty.
                So much this.

I hate the Whioux so much. The WI rivalry pales in comparison for me.

Comment

Nothing compares to the Gopher Sioux rivalry - Friday night will be a tight one, but Sat the Gophers hang a 6 spot on the board 4-3 and 6-2 for the Gophers Sweep.
                  - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Go you Green and White
                  Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Fight with all your might!
                  Rah! Rah! Rah!
                  We are here to cheer you
                  We are out to win your fame,
                  So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    So much this.

I hate the Whioux so much. The WI rivalry pales in comparison for me.
                    The reason that this whole at least four years off thing is such a **** shame. This is the best rivalry in the sport. (Western bias)
                    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Hoping for this at about 7:20pm cst on Friday...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/GiftFromHeaven.jpg******
                      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-14-2013, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Are you guys telling me that you don't think UND and UMn will play regularly in the ooc part of the season?!

Serious, we're only going to have 5 other teams in our conf. Thats only 20 games if we play each team 4 times. The average season is what? 35-40 games about, right? You telling me that we aren't going to scedule at least one weekend serious with UND?!

Btw, reading through the thread tonight, after consuming a little vodka, I was laughing my friggin arse off. Hilarious ****!!! Man, what a week, Michigan in BB, UND in hockey. life is good if you are a Gopher fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post
                          Are you guys telling me that you don't think UND and UMn will play regularly in the ooc part of the season?!

Serious, we're only going to have 5 other teams in our conf. Thats only 20 games if we play each team 4 times. The average season is what? 35-40 games about, right? You telling me that we aren't going to scedule at least one weekend serious with UND?!

Btw, reading through the thread tonight, after consuming a little vodka, I was laughing my friggin arse off. Hilarious ****!!! Man, what a week, Michigan in BB, UND in hockey. life is good if you are a Gopher fan.
                          I bet you two gazillion smack-a-roos that the gophers are too scared to schedule UND in at least 4 years!!!! What say you my vodka chugging gopher friend??!?!!? I know it sounds crazy... I mean would Lucia and minnesota's athletic department really destroy the greatest rivalry in college hockey??!? NO WAY!!!

BTW, take my bet please.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                            I bet you two gazillion smack-a-roos that the gophers are too scared to schedule UND in at least 4 years!!!! What say you my vodka chugging gopher friend??!?!!? I know it sounds crazy... I mean would Lucia and minnesota's athletic department really destroy the greatest rivalry in college hockey??!? NO WAY!!!

BTW, take my bet please.
                            Haha, with a 144-129-14 overall record against the sue the Gophers aren't scared.

Just another team (of many) that we have more wins than losses against.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                              I know it sounds crazy... I mean would Lucia and minnesota's athletic department really destroy the greatest rivalry in college hockey??!?
                              Lucia and/or the MN athletic department aren't going to destroy this rivalry. That was already fait accompli once the larger forces that be reorganized the conference structures.

People need to disabuse themselves of this comical notion that MN's decision to not schedule UND for ooc games for a few years is going to "destroy the rivalry." Even if the teams continued to play a couple of times a year, the rivalry would still go by the wayside. It has to. They aren't in the same conference anymore, and as a consequence, the games don't mean anything beyond the normal pwr implications that all ooc games hold.

It has been a great rivalry because it holds all the necessary ingredients for one. A couple of great programs. Very close proximity, geographically. The games usually mean something. Even when one team is down, the other team is usually fighting for something and playing the spoiler is always fun. You have multiple meetings each year, in different locations, so the animosity can grow.

Once the conference affiliation is gone, a very important aspect of that relationship is gone with it. What we'd be left with are a couple of good games each year. But you wouldn't see anywhere near the same intensity, at least after a couple of seasons.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by siouxinminny View Post
                                Ha!

The Gophers are the cheapest, dirtiest, whiniest team ever to lace up skates. And it comes from their coach who never, ever corrects it. It's a culture thing.
                                LOL!

That is quite the hypocritical comment considering the **** your "Hack" of a coach condones....
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X