Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Highlights of the Gopher's 5-1 win over UND. Nice move by Condon on the 4th goal and a very lame attempt to take the body by Gleason...owned, and Condon finishes with a nice the top shelf five hole...beautiful deke and shot for the goal....one of his best ever. Check out the cheap shot on Bjugs (#27 Rowney) after the empty netter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      You're a clever one. Obviously, it makes me feel worse that they played their worst game of the year. If they had to lose, I would much rather they lose while playing well.

And no, I never played Division 1, college hockey. If you did, please enlighten me on how failing to complete a pass in your own zone when the other team is not in the zone shows that the pass failed because of something Minnesota did. Thanks.
      Say in ain't so FS23!?!?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

You're right about Gleason, he should have taken the shoulder instead of the hip and Condon wouldn't get that shot off.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
          Awwww... Can you please give us one more chance and repeat the same crap over and over again just 3 or 4 more times?
          It IS what he does. Again, and again, and again.

I think this is friggen hilarious. For years on this site if a Gopher fan dared to say after a loss that the Gophers played poorly, the posters on this site would jump all over them for failing to give credit to the opponent. Now Fighting Whioux 23 comes on here and spends post after post after post talking about how badly the Whioux played. Sorry, won't wash. Did the Whioux make some unforced errors? Yeah, probably, that happens when you get nervous because you've realized you are facing a superior opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Considering that I have said basically the exact opposite already (i.e. Minnesota was the better team, deserved to win, played well enough to win, although not great, Wilcox was rock solid, etc. etc. etc.)...I don't think so.

Why can't Gopher fans just accept the fact that North Dakota played really bad tonight, and probably their worst game of the year tonight? I would think they would rejoice. Your team won for crying out loud...enjoy the victory.
            Why can't you realize that what you are saying is:
            MN playing GOOD + UND playing only "DECENT" = UND win is the same as saying that UND is much more talented than MN and therefore realy does not give the credit to MN that you pretend to be giving them. (In other words, to exaggerate slightly, it is like saying that while Holy Cross played a good game based on their ability, MN would have won if they just had played a decent game. In this case, there is little credit really given in Holy Cross in the win.)

I play Old-timers a couple times a week. One night, there are a number of players around my age and the skill range between players is huge, from former D1 to a couple guys who are really not very good. The week before last, a number of the top end players didn't make it and I had time to carry the puck pretty mich anywhere, keep my head up and look for a teammates tape in front of the net and wait until I had a gap to make the pass. I was awesome. On the other night I play, the age is younger and skill level higher. Last time we played, I could have been the dad for all but about three of the guys playing, with a number of them having just played varsity HS in the last few years. The game was very fast. I had very little time to react, didn't carry the puck long, and many of my passes hit legs or missed as I rushed them. Out of three 2 on 1's, only on one was I able to actually hit my partner with a pass he could shoot. In the first example, I had all the time and space I needed half the time I had the puck. In the second example, I rarely had more than a second to react. How a team plays can be partly attributed to if your team shows up, but in the case of a team with equal or better talent that is playing well, a team can look like they aren't playing hard when it is really they are getting outplayed.

It is interesting that UND, ND and BC have all "not played well" against the Gophers, a team for which you would think each team was fired up to play. Just Gopher luck I guess.

And to clarify, I don't think that every mis-play by either team was the result of pressure by the opponent. I don't think either team played their best game. But I saw more missed passes under pressure than I saw when players weren't pressured. But, I think if UND played at this level against a team in the lower half of the league, a lot more of the passes are connecting and more battles are won, and UND would win.
            Last edited by Koho; 01-19-2013, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
              MN playing GOOD + UND playing only "DECENT" = UND win is the same as saying that UND is much more talented than MN and therefore realy does not give the credit to MN that you pretend to be giving them. (In other words, to exaggerate slightly, it is like saying that while Holy Cross played a good game based on their ability, MN would have won if they just had played a decent game. In this case, there is little credit really given in Holy Cross in the win.)

I play Old-timers a couple times a week. One night, there are a number of players around my age and the skill range between players is huge, from former D1 to a couple guys who are really not very good. The week before last, a number of the top end players didn't make it and I had time to carry the puck pretty mich anywhere, keep my head up and look for a teammates tape in front of the net and wait until I had a gap to make the pass. I was awesome. On the other night I play, the age is younger and skill level higher. Last time we played, I could have been the dad for all but about three of the guys playing, with a number of them having just played varsity HS in the last few years. The game was very fast. I had very little time to react, didn't carry the puck long, and many of my passes hit legs or missed as I rushed them. Out of three 2 on 1's, only on one was I able to actually hit my partner with a pass he could shoot. In the first example, I had all the time and space I needed half the time I had the puck. In the second example, I rarely had more than a second to react. How a team plays can be partly attributed to if your team shows up, but in the case of a team with equal or better talent that is playing well, a team can look like they aren't playing hard when it is really they are getting outplayed.

It is interesting that UND, ND and BC have all "not played well" against the Gophers, a team for which you would think each team was fired up to play. Just Gopher luck I guess.
              Post of the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Probably because every opponent (except Anchorage last Friday) that has come to Mariucci the last three or four weeks has played their worst game EVAR. According to their fans, of course.
                If they don't win or tie that's always the case. It's been like that as long as I can remember. Why change now?

EDIT: Does Pattyn need some tissues for tonight's game?
                Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 01-19-2013, 08:29 AM.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  EDIT: Does Pattyn need some tissues for tonight's game?
                  I think there were a lot of Whoioux players last night who needed tissues. Seemed like every stoppage some one in green was whining to a ref about something or other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post

And to clarify, I don't think that every mis-play by either team was the result of pressure by the opponent. I don't think either team played their best game. But I saw more missed passes under pressure than I saw when players weren't pressured. But, I think if UND played at this level against a team in the lower half of the league, a lot more of the passes are connecting and more battles are won, and UND would win.
                    Nailed it.
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

You Gopher fans are a hoot.

Hopefully we get a better game on the ice tonight from both sides. Last game in this series, and the fans deserve both teams playing at their best.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                        Highlights of the Gopher's 5-1 win over UND. Nice move by Condon on the 4th goal and a very lame attempt to take the body by Gleason...owned, and Condon finishes with a nice the top shelf five hole...beautiful deke and shot for the goal....one of his best ever. Check out the cheap shot on Bjugs (#27 Rowney) after the empty netter.

Nice. Typical North Dakota cry baby on that play (hacking bjugs) after the goal, Kristo was also showing his true colors chucking the water bottle and having a hissy fit, then Pattyn starts crying at the end of the game, love it. Even with a name change things stay the same up there in that wasteland called NoDak.

Comment

Interesting Fact: The last time North Dakota won at Mariucci was when Trupper batted the puck out of the air in OT back in 2008.

Maybe we used up all of our puck luck between that and the Bina goal that we'll never win another game there? Maybe a good thing that these sides aren't meeting for awhile.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Interesting Fact: The last time North Dakota won at Mariucci was when Trupper batted the puck out of the air in OT back in 2008.

Maybe we used up all of our puck luck between that and the Bina goal that we'll never win another game there? Maybe a good thing that these sides aren't meeting for awhile.
                            Ahh, the Bina goal. This one was pretty good as well. Everyone seems for forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mills View Post
                              Ahh, the Bina goal. This one was pretty good as well. Everyone seems for forget about it.
                              First game at the Ralph right?

I always felt bad for Andy Kollar. He was a pretty good goalie his first few years, and then just had a rough streak of bad luck, bad defense, and weak play and it all went down hill for him. His last game against Minnesota in the WCHA 1st Round though was a great one.
                              North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                You Gopher fans are a hoot.
                                As are you Whioux fans. Never give credit to the opponent. It had to be you lost cause you played bad. Nope. You met a better, deeper team with a better goalie.

Comment

Working...
                                X