Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    If it makes you feel better to think that North Dakota played better than they did, by all means, keep thinking that.

IMO, it was our worst performance of the year.
    If it makes you feel better to think that North Dakota played worse than they did, by all means, keep thinking that.

Going tape to tape should have nothing to do with the opponent if the lane is there.
    It most certainly does. Claiming otherwise is evidence of never playing sport at a high level and a general lack of understanding of what goes on at game speed.

UND came out with a game plan that simply didn't work. At the opening faceoff they turtled and played an extremely defensive style. Obviously, they were looking to keep the MN offense at bay, stay out of the penalty box and wait for opportunities rather than dictate them. It didn't work. Maybe the coaching staff thinks that will work tomorrow if they only execute a bit better, but my guess is that they will try to open it up a bit more and take a few more chances; in how they forecheck, how they rush the puck and in physical play.

Comment

We are witnessing history. UND is the worst team to ever play hockey in any season, as of tonight! I say, fold 'er up! Just shut down the program! They are horrible and don't deserve a program!
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        If it makes you feel better to think that North Dakota played worse than they did, by all means, keep thinking that.
        You're a clever one. Obviously, it makes me feel worse that they played their worst game of the year. If they had to lose, I would much rather they lose while playing well.

And no, I never played Division 1, college hockey. If you did, please enlighten me on how failing to complete a pass in your own zone when the other team is not in the zone shows that the pass failed because of something Minnesota did. Thanks.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
          If it makes you feel better to think that North Dakota played worse than they did, by all means, keep thinking that. It most certainly does. Claiming otherwise is evidence of never playing sport at a high level and a general lack of understanding of what goes on at game speed.
          Bravo! At last, someone who has actually played a sport at a high level with some common sense wisdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Probably not the best strategy. If we can get our passing game going, we'll have a better chance at putting Wilcox in more difficult positions. I haven't watched enough of him to really know what the best strategy is...maybe it is just throw everything possible on net and hope for the best.
            I've watched him quite a bit and he doesn't seem to have a glaring weakness. Getting any goaltender to move laterally a lot is always a good plan. When the defense doesn't let that happen much, I am a fan of chuck it towards the net and have a guy or two charge into the crease for any garbage.

Wilcox is not impervious to having an off-night. He has had a couple so far, one of which we won anyway. He was definitely in the zone tonight.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
              He was definitely in the zone tonight.
              Yeah, he was the best player on the ice tonight. He looked really sharp, and came up big the few times he was truly tested. The only goal was a weird deflection of his own player...not his fault. He played well enough to earn a shutout.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                We are witnessing history. UND is the worst team to ever play hockey in any season, as of tonight! I say, fold 'er up! Just shut down the program! They are horrible and don't deserve a program!
                Meanwhile Tech is legit.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                Twenty red lights in his honor
                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Wilcox is not impervious to having an off-night. He has had a couple so far, one of which we won anyway. He was definitely in the zone tonight.
                  But don't forget that has nothing to do with the Whioux losing tonight. Any mite goalie could have been in net and it wouldn't have mattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Are you reading Sioux Sports again? What did I tell you about that?
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                      Uff...I can only imagine what's going on over there.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Haven't read it yet. That's for tomorrow morning. And Twocox looked a little hectic at times when the puck was behind the net in the first two periods. However, he looked strong when it was on the line....
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Uff...I can only imagine what's going on over there.
                          Based on Hajdu's comments after the game, I was really glad I decided to not sign in to the game chat tonight on Schloss' blog and UNDSports. That thing gets negative enough when we win. Can't imagine how it is in a loss to the Gophers...
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

FS23 is just trying to discredit the Gophers using his subtle (but not really) tactics of repeating the same thing over and over to try and convince himself that his squad is somehow much better than they appear. One could say that he claims his team was UND-eserving of a win!

Comment

Based on Hajdu's comments after the game, I was really glad I decided to not sign in to the game chat tonight on Schloss' blog and UNDSports. That thing gets negative enough when we win. Can't imagine how it is in a loss to the Gophers...
                              Yeah. I usually stay away from the SS Forums and Game Chats during the games. They make me look like a glass half full kind of guy after a game like tonight.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                                FS23 is just trying to discredit the Gophers using his subtle (but not really) tactics of repeating the same thing over and over to try and convince himself that his squad is somehow much better than they appear. One could say that he claims his team was UND-eserving of a win!
                                Considering that I have said basically the exact opposite already (i.e. Minnesota was the better team, deserved to win, played well enough to win, although not great, Wilcox was rock solid, etc. etc. etc.)...I don't think so.

Why can't Gopher fans just accept the fact that North Dakota played really bad tonight, and probably their worst game of the year tonight? I would think they would rejoice. Your team won for crying out loud...enjoy the victory.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X