Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

What people need to know: All UND fans are basically d**kheads (except Dirty). Seriously, just ask them and they'll tell ya, "Yeah, we're d**kheads, so what you gotta problem with that?"

*****http://i842.***********.com/albums/zz343/hirshy23/dhead.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      UND is most obviously the most follow team in North America.
      Dirty beetch, you poozed.

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
        ^ Already answered that above. Minnesota is 4-2 on Hockey Day Minnesota. FS23, as for your question about the Minnesota tourney *shrugs shoulders*. I have not paid close enough attention (or am not in the know) to answer when the Minnesota tourney will be held. Sorry.
        They schedule Hockey Day Minnesota around the Wild's schedule, not the Gophers or high school. Hence why the Gophers haven't always been in town on Hockey Day. It would make absolute sense to try and schedule the MN Cup around Hockey Day, but not sure that will happen.

Comment

Speaking of UND recruits, Shane Gersich of Holy Family, a UND recruit, received a 5 min major and game misconduct last night for kicking. Sounds like he'll fit right in with the Hakstol crew in GF.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Speaking of UND recruits, Shane Gersich of Holy Family, a UND recruit, received a 5 min major and game misconduct last night for kicking. Sounds like he'll fit right in with the Hakstol crew in GF.
            You could say it's in their 'Blood' I guess...

Comment

One nice thing about the rivalry ending is going to be not hearing gopher fans whine about the big bad mean UND boys picking on their little skirt-wearing pansies of hockey players they follow...

Comment

Article from the PP today

What may be the final regular season men's hockey game between the No. 1-ranked Gophers and No. 6 North Dakota is a hot ticket.

Both games at Mariucci Arena -- Friday night, Jan. 18, and Saturday afternoon -- are sold out. Tickets were listed for sale on StubHub on Thursday for as much as $320 apiece and $85 each for standing room. Students still can purchase standing-room tickets at Mariucci for $55 apiece.

Tickets are scarce because Minnesota's longest-standing and fiercest hockey rivalry seems to be coming to an end.

The Gophers leave the Western Collegiate Hockey Association after this season to play in the Big Ten Conference, and coach Don Lucia says there is no room for North Dakota on Minnesota's nonconference schedule because he wants to keep playing Minnesota's other Division I teams.

That means that other than postseason collisions, the rivalry will conclude this weekend after 283 meetings.

Minnesota leads 137-130-14.

Former Gopher Lou Nanne said there were a lot of intense battles in those games.

"As far back as when I came here in 1959, it was always the top rivalry for the Minnesota Gophers," Nanne said. "I can't remember any time that series was played without a great deal of passion and a great deal of interest. It's been the prime rival for a long, long time. It's something I'm going to miss."

The Gophers and the team formerly known as the Sioux first played at the old Williams Arena on Jan. 23-24, 1948, with North Dakota winning
                the first game 5-3 and Minnesota scoring three goals in overtime to win the second 7-4.

By the time John Mariucci took over as Gophers coach in 1952, the rivalry had blossomed.

"He loved it," Nanne said.

Mariucci's other favorite foe was Michigan State because Spartans coach Amo Bessone was a friend, but as far as team matchups, Nanne said, Mariucci looked to North Dakota.

"North Dakota was always the top rival," Nanne recalled. "In those days, Michigan and Michigan State were in our league, but North Dakota was our biggest rival."

Lucia has said he wants to play Minnesota-Duluth, St. Cloud State, Minnesota State Mankato and Bemidji State in nonconference games, and that leaves Zach Parise a bit sad.

Parise, a former North Dakota star who plays for the Wild, remembers the feeling in Grand Forks, N.D., when Minnesota was next on the schedule.

"There was a lot of buzz on campus," he said. "It was pretty fun because we still had a lot of students from Minnesota who cheered for the Gophers, so we gave 'em a hard time all week. It was fun."

Former North Dakota defenseman Chay Genoway, who plays for the Houston Aeros and was in town this week for the Wild's intrasquad scrimmage, said he wished the timing would have been different so he could have attended one of the weekend games. Genoway recalls pictures from the old days posted in the North Dakota locker room, and most were from games against Minnesota.

"Every year that was a game we had circled; it's one those guys are probably gritting their teeth about since Monday," Genoway said. "It's definitely an intense weekend."

Nanne said he hopes the rivalry can be renewed.

"I just wish the university would find some way to make sure they play North Dakota and Duluth two times a year as part of their nonconference schedule," Nanne said. "Those two teams are really important to the Gophers' schedule. I just don't like to think of building another rivalry that's going to compete with North Dakota. This one's been going for 50 years; you just don't replace it."
                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                sigpic

Comment

10 cool points to the guy who plays music at Mariucci if he plays the Taylor Swift never-ever song this weekend. 20 if its played at the end of the Saturday game.
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

$100 if he plays

******* width="420" height="315">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdLIerfXuZ4?hl=en_US&version=3">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PdLIerfXuZ4?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true">
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      10 cool points to the guy who plays music at Mariucci if he plays the Taylor Swift never-ever song this weekend. 20 if its played at the end of the Saturday game.
                      How many cool points do you lose for knowing a Taylor swift song? I would think cool points would be hard to come by as a st cloud fan.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                        How many cool points do you lose for knowing a Taylor swift song? I would think cool points would be hard to come by as a st cloud fan.
                        Yeah... 'cause you can't go 45 minutes driving anywhere without hearing that ****ing song.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          Yeah... 'cause you can't go 45 minutes driving anywhere without hearing that ****ing song.
                          I guess I must be listening to a different type of station than you.

Comment

*****http://aparentinsilverspring.com/wp-content/uploads/whos-in-whoville.jpg******

Image when introducing that other team tonight.

Comment

Gophers vs Whioux preview

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Not sure. We'll have to see how he shakes hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X