Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

No offense taken. I was using a wee bit of hyperbole.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Why do people brag about people on their block list? Childish.
      It wasn't intended to be "bragging" so much as I figured JDUBBS was going off the deep end.

Also, this whole thread has been Childish. I tried to give my thoughts on the series early on, but I realized quickly nobody wanted to actually talk hockey...might as well jump in and have some fun
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Unlike the rest of this thread? That is the beauty of Flickertail week. Nothing is too juvenile.
        Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
        Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Because it drives FS23 crazy.

Guy shows his true nature. Bitter, envious, and angry.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Yeah, Woog and Hakstol are a very good comparison historically. I think you could also look at Lucia and Berenson as far as since Hakstol has been Head Coach.

That being said, Woog coached 14 years. Hakstol is currently in year 9. Most coaches that won titles didn't win titles until they had been coaching for 11-12 years.

First Title: (coaches that have won titles in the last decade)
            Jerry York - Year 12
            Scott Sandelin - Year 11
            Jack Parker - Year 5
            Rick Comley - Year 18
            Mike Eaves - Year 4
            George Gwozdecky - Year 15
            Don Lucia - Year 15
            Dude, you are spot on with the stats. It's a surprise to see Eaves winning so quickly. That's not a dig, just surprising.

Has Sandelin been at UMD that long? Time flys.

Comment

Originally posted by Mills View Post
              Dude, you are spot on with the stats. It's a surprise to see Eaves winning so quickly. That's not a dig, just surprising.

Has Sandelin been at UMD that long? Time flys.
              Yeah, he left for Duluth after helping Blais lead North Dakota to the title in 2000. So, 2000-2001 was his first season behind the Bulldog Bench.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                Nope, but the fact that you've flip flopped on this topic several times does prove your opinions are useless.

The fact that we consistently have much higher TV ratings for Gopher hockey games than UND proves we have the Gophers have a larger following.

Simple math
                Still waiting to see any evidence of this.
                Originally posted by SJHovey
                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Unlike the rest of this thread? That is the beauty of Flickertail week. Nothing is too juvenile.
                  Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                  Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Dear UND – We apologize for our recent oversight regarding the scheduling of UND for future hockey seasons. Due to a name change, we no longer had a correct listing and the forwarding order evidently expired. We intend to remedy this quickly……are you available in 2017?

Sincerely
                    The “State of Hockey”

Comment

With a little help from a student at the U of M, I wrote a preview for this series. Even as a Bulldog fan, I can admit this is one of the greatest college hockey weekends the season has to offer. Especially over Hockey Day Minnesota

Enjoy.

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.co...th-dakota.html
                      The University of Minnesota Duluth

Tweet -> @Matt_Christians

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Still waiting to see any evidence of this.
                        Are you suggesting UND games have as much viewership as Minnesota games? If so, you're in the minority and I'm ok with you thinking that.

If UND did in fact have as much TV viewership for their games as Minnesota does, they would have more games televised and a better TV deal.

Or, show me where I can find TV ratings for college hockey games and I'll give you the hard evidence you're looking for. I don't know where to look.

Then again, you could always look for yourself. Either way, like I said, I'm confident enough that enough people generally understand this to be true because of the reasoning I mentioned above.

Comment

What's the going rate for ducats? I heard on Madison radio this afternoon they are between $300 & $500.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_Business View Post
                            With a little help from a student at the U of M, I wrote a preview for this series. Even as a Bulldog fan, I can admit this is one of the greatest college hockey weekends the season has to offer. Especially over Hockey Day Minnesota

Enjoy.

http://umdbulldogcountry.blogspot.co...th-dakota.html
                            Interesting article, and I have to say I tend to agree with most of what was written, with the exception of the prediction (for my take on this series, see my post from the first page or two).

The one question that I have, what is Minnesota's record on Hockey Day?
                            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Interesting article, and I have to say I tend to agree with most of what was written, with the exception of the prediction (for my take on this series, see my post from the first page or two).

The one question that I have, what is Minnesota's record on Hockey Day?
                              Quick check reveals 4-2. Win against DU in 2007 5-4, Loss against DU in 2008 4-1 (at Magness), Win in the 8-6 thriller at SCSU (at NHC) in 2009, Loss 4-1 against SCSU in 2010, Win against DU 7-3 in 2011, and Win against CC 2-1 in 2012. DU three times (!) on Hockey Day Minnesota, SCSU twice, and CC once.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                                Quick check reveals 4-2. Win against DU in 2007 5-4, Loss against DU in 2008 4-1 (at Magness), Win in the 8-6 thriller at SCSU (at NHC) in 2009, Loss 4-1 against SCSU in 2010, Win against DU 7-3 in 2011, and Win against CC 2-1 in 2012. DU three times (!) on Hockey Day Minnesota, SCSU twice, and CC once.
                                Thanks! I'm really surprised they haven't played more Minnesota teams. In the future, the Minnesota Tournament is over Hockey Day right?
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X