NBC Sports is Proud to Present "The Alliance": Providence at Lowell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC Sports is Proud to Present "The Alliance": Providence at Lowell

I don't care if we have to pick people up school bus style from their homes... Pack the **** building.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Originally posted by Patman View Post
    I don't care if we have to pick people up school bus style from their homes..
    ! that was seriously funny.. !
    anyway, hope you do pack the place. :-)
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: NBC Sports is Proud to Present "The Alliance": Providence at Lowell

The school is doing its best to do that. All STHs have been given coupons for extra tix for starters.

At least it's not a Sunday game against football.
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

No action on this thread. Big game tomorrow for Lowell if they are going to make a run for home ice.
        The big question for the game is who be in net for Lowell. I'm going with Hellebuyck.
        What did you say?
        Who own the Chiefs?
        What did he say?
        Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by gochiefs View Post
          No action on this thread. Big game tomorrow for Lowell if they are going to make a run for home ice.
          The big question for the game is who be in net for Lowell. I'm going with Hellebuyck.
          This is the question I ask myself before every game now... I think Hellebuyck gets the nod as he was solid between the pipes last Friday. Nothing against Carr, as he played well... however Hellebuyck seems to be the hotter goalie. Anyone else having flashbacks of Nevin Hamilton and Carter Hutton? Not talking about playing styles, but more about altering starters...
          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
            This is the question I ask myself before every game now... I think Hellebuyck gets the nod as he was solid between the pipes last Friday. Nothing against Carr, as he played well... however Hellebuyck seems to be the hotter goalie. Anyone else having flashbacks of Nevin Hamilton and Carter Hutton? Not talking about playing styles, but more about altering starters...
            I see nothing wrong with the tandem but as we get to the playoffs I'd rather go with the hot hand... Neither tender should be overburdened by that point.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carr back in. I still think he's the #1 to Bazin, even if the numbers don't prove it out. I suppose we'll see.
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Like you said, Hellebuyck has the better numbers so I believe he should be the number 1 for now. Take nothing away from Carr in that he has played well lately but Hellebuyck has been the better goaltender.
                What did you say?
                Who own the Chiefs?
                What did he say?
                Owns! Owns!

Comment

Hellebuyck has better numbers, but for the most part against weak competition. His starts have come against Denver, Princeton, Northeastern, Harvard, Clarkson, and Vermont. Except for Denver (his only poor game), that's not exactly a murderer's row of opponents.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Post by a PC Fan!

Wooo.

As good as it was to take 4 points against UMASS, PC was dramatically outplayed for most of the Saturday game. They're going to need to play better to beat Lowell.
                    Last edited by Jon; 01-16-2013, 03:47 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                    -Blackadder
                    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                    -Casablanca
                    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                      Hellebuyck has better numbers, but for the most part against weak competition. His starts have come against Denver, Princeton, Northeastern, Harvard, Clarkson, and Vermont. Except for Denver (his only poor game), that's not exactly a murderer's row of opponents.
                      They both played against Clarkson & Vermont. Hellebuyck had the better numbers. It is splitting hairs I admit but Connor has been the most consistent since he started in goal for Lowell. Carr played great last year and he deserved all the praise but right now I would still go with Hellebuyck.
                      What did you say?
                      Who own the Chiefs?
                      What did he say?
                      Owns! Owns!

Comment

Was at Tsongas picking up tickets this afternoon and the university's marketing push for this game is appearing to pay off. There were two ahead of me buying tickets and as I was leaving, more people were coming in. Person in box office said sales have been quite heavy. I think there is going to be a great crowd tomorrow night.

Hopefully Aramark has plenty of $3 hot dogs ready!
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

I know that most of the students live in Mass or New Hampshire, but classes don't start until next week, so the student section will probably be small. I'm hoping the Alumni and locals come out so the Tsongas doesn't look like a ghost town tomorrow night on National* Cable TV.

I have to work late so I won't be at the game until around 7:30.

*That most people don't get on their cable systems!
                          Last edited by Gainzo; 01-16-2013, 08:48 PM.
                          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

i have to work so I won't be there.

Comment

Im a Lowell STH and usually only bring my wife. I needed a total of 7 tickets for tomorrow nights game due to demand from friends and family. If anyone is interested, there is also a coupon for $3 tickets for the game (limit 4 tickets). Just print one out and get some tickets for $3 each! Here is the link: http://goriverhawks.com/news/2013/1/10/3Thursday.aspx Hope the Tsongas is packed tonight!

Comment

Working...
                              X