Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate & Cornell @ RPI & Union (1/18, 1/19)

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Wow.....no music, no horn.....certainly will be different.
    Does that mean no band?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Does that mean no band?
      the sound from the band would seem to me, from experience with Autistic kids, to be more startling for them than the recorded music. Now if a real train were with the horn they'ld have a ball. For whatever reason, a large percent of these kids, are infatuated with trains.
      Last edited by turk181; 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

the sound from the band would seem to me, from experience with Autistic kids, to be more startling for them than the recorded music.
        It's more startling to me also, but ...
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does that mean no band?
          I don't know if this group of kids would even show up since classes don't start until Tuesday. The group is quite spread out.

Comment

It's more startling to me also, but ...
            Do you also have a fascination with trains?
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Do you also have a fascination with trains?
              I was a member of the RPI Model Railroad club for a while as an undergrad -- but I outgrew it.

Edit: What's the connection between the band and trains?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was a member of the RPI Model Railroad club for a while as an undergrad -- but I outgrew it.

Edit: What's the connection between the band and trains?
                Aside from the really dumb thing they were doing before the team came out for the second period, not much.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Aside from the really dumb thing they were doing before the team came out for the second period, not much.
                  Why is it dumb?
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

With both Cole Bardreau and Shayne Gostisbehere both on the ice on Friday at Union, I think it would be cool to recognize their contributions to the WJC team.
                    Last edited by Wholin1; 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                      With both Cole Bardreau and Shayne Gostisbehere both on the ice on Friday at Union, I think it would be cool to recognize their contributions to the WJC team.
                      Yes that would be "cool"! Maybe Coach Bennett and Coach Schafer could exchange roses as well!!
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I was impressed with the contribution made by Gostisbehere in the final two games by not sucker punching anyone.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          I was impressed with the contribution made by Gostisbehere in the final two games by not sucker punching anyone.

+1
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

How tall are you now?
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Were you thinking the crowd should be bowing or genuflecting?
                              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-14-2013, 03:50 PM.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                No music or goal horn Friday night at HFH....in honor of autism awareness.
                                I for one hoped we GREATLY notice the absence of the goal horn....GO RED !!!

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/no...y-night/14126/

EDIT: I'm assuming (probably incorrectly) that the anthems will still be played ??
                                They will probably just have a singer do the anthem(s) like they have had in the past.

No music, no band, no horn. Are we allowed to applaud when (or is it IF?) we score?? Sounds like a quiet night at the Field House.

Comment

Working...
                                X