Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
    Of course, you watched Frazee, Kangas and Patterson play.
    You honestly think Kangas and Patterson were sieves?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      You honestly think Kangas and Patterson were sieves?
      Consider the source.

Comment

http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/p...rds/savPer.asp
        http://www.gopherhockeyhistory.com/p...ds/goalsAA.asp

I mean JFC. How stupid can one person be. I know he's a Saint Cloud alum, but man, even the black lab across the street knows they're two of the best we've ever had. Hell, even Frazee is near the top of the list.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I mean JFC. How stupid can one person be. I know he's a Saint Cloud alum, but man, even the black lab across the street knows they're two of the best we've ever had. Hell, even Frazee is near the top of the list.
          Kansas was phenomenal his first 2 years, but his last year and a half were gawd awful. Saint Pat should of taken over a year earlier.
          - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
          Go you Green and White
          Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight with all your might!
          Rah! Rah! Rah!
          We are here to cheer you
          We are out to win your fame,
          So, Go Bemidji Beavers
          Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

A. It was a joke. Quit being so sensitive.
            B. So because they were some of your best means they were good? If you compare them to other goalies in the league at that time, their numbers say they were pretty average. Here are some just off the top of my head:

.926 Marc Cheverie (2007-10)
            .924 Bobby Goepfert (2005-07)
            .924 Sam Brittain (2010-present)
            .922 Richard Bachmann (2007-09)
            .920 Jase Weslosky (2006-09)
            .920 Jean-Philippe Lamoureux (2004-08)
            .917 Mike Lee (2009-12)
            .917 Peter Mannino (2004-08)
            .913 Patterson, Kent 2009-2012
            .913 Shane Connelly (2005-09)
            .913 Kenny Reiter (2009-12)
            .912 Aaron Dell (2009-12)
            .912 Kangas, Alex 2008-2011
            .912 Scott Gudmandson (2007-11)
            .910 Alex Stalock 2006-09
            .910 Mike Zacharias 2005-09
            .906 Brad Eidsness (2008-12)
            .901 Frazee, Jeff 2006-2008
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Patterson was pretty terrific his whole career while Kangas fell apart, giving up 28 goals in just over 7 games his last year. So I'd say you're both half right.

I mean wrong. You're both wrong.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                Kansas was phenomenal his first 2 years, but his last year and a half were gawd awful. Saint Pat should of taken over a year earlier.
                Maybe, the Gophers didn't exactly scare anybody his last two years.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                  Maybe, the Gophers didn't exactly scare anybody his last two years.
                  That is true - those were the 4 "lost" years of Gopher Hockey, but even when Saint Pat either replaced or started for Kangas - Saint Pat was much better than him.

Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Go you Green and White
                  Go Bemidji Beavers
                  Rah! Rah! Rah!
                  We are here to cheer you
                  So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
                    That is true - those were the 4 "lost" years of Gopher Hockey, but even when Saint Pat either replaced or started for Kangas - Saint Pat was much better than him.
                    It already feels like a lifetime ago, thank goodness.

Comment

Tippsy -

They said the Badgers should make the tourney 5/6 years. They also listed a handful of other teams that should as well. I think it is an insult to imply a program like SCSU, UMD, UNO, etc.. cannot obtain the same consistency. Or are you suggesting they meant every team should make the tourney 5/6 years?

What does history have ANYTHING to do with this? There is more parity in college hockey than ever before. past championships does not guarantee you future ones. Ask Tech fans about that.

Not to mention, regarding UW, what history? Sure, they have a lot of titles, but they don't have a super lengthy history. They dropped their program for 30 years. They also have hardly any conference hardware.

And just because the school has resources, it doesn't mean it will throw a lot at hockey. Look at Ohio State. Wisconsin doesn't even have a dedicated arena. They share with the basketball team and have trouble even getting practice time at the Kohl Center.

Plus, it's not like UW has the recruiting advantages that say Michigan has. There is no denying that.

So excuse me if I think all the whining out of that fanbase, and especially the remarks about should be making the tourney 5/6 years, is annoying and a little insulting.

UMD has a new dedicated rink, so does BSU, so does Notre Dame, UNO is building one, etc... Those programs prioritize hockey. There is no reason they can't be as successful as UW.

I love the increased parity in college hockey and think it's good for the sport. So excuse me if I vehemently disagree that they should be more predisposed to succeed than other smaller school.

Comment

BTW - If you really believe UW should have that type of consistent success, then where are all the "way to do less with more" cracks that were thrown at Gopher fans consistently when Minnesota was down?

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post

I, for one, miss the good ol' days.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            Absolutely - Thank God those dark days are behind us. I certainly hope they never return EVER!!!!

Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Go you Green and White
                            Go Bemidji Beavers
                            Rah! Rah! Rah!
                            We are here to cheer you
                            So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                              BTW - If you really believe UW should have that type of consistent success, then where are all the "way to do less with more" cracks that were thrown at Gopher fans consistently when Minnesota was down?
                              Realistically, with the new BIG conference there will only be 2 spots/teams from the conference represented in the Tourney every year. Once in awhile we might get 3 teams in, but really who are you fooling Tippsy that Sconi is anywhere close to being positioned in those 2 spots. In reality there are only 2 BIG teams capable of making the tourney every year and both come down to U of M.

Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Go you Green and White
                              Go Bemidji Beavers
                              Rah! Rah! Rah!
                              We are here to cheer you
                              So, Go Bemidji Beavers

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                I, for one, miss the good ol' days.
                                I imagine especially since the Big Ten is starting up next year. It might be a long couple of more years.

Comment

Working...
                                X