Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2012-2013 Part II: Mmmm, Iron City Beer!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    Even we have swept twice.
    One of which was Tech, who the Gophers only managed to split with!
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
      That's LEGIT.

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      So have we, well if you include NC games as well.
      I'm not including that because we haven't swept anyone in nonconference (yet).
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        That's LEGIT.
        So we thought.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          In their first conference series when the Gophers were playing, I think we can all agree, not nearly as well as they have since break. This Gopher team just needs to consistently get to the net more. When they do, good things happen.
          @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
          On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
          High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            In their first conference series when the Gophers were playing, I think we can all agree, not nearly as well as they have since break. This Gopher team just needs to consistently get to the net more. When they do, good things happen.
            I was just joking around. Obviously this is a different team since the holiday break. Shoulda thrown a in there too.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Remember when people thought that the Mankato loss in the first series would kill us in the PWR?
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                I was just joking around. Obviously this is a different team since the holiday break. Shoulda thrown a in there too.
                No worries. I kinda thought after I posted you may have been joking around

Comment

One point back with ten still on the table. We aren't out of this yet. Then again, neither is half the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    One point back with ten still on the table. We aren't out of this yet. Then again, neither is half the conference.
                    If through next weekend we can hold serve with SCSU and stay ahead of UND, I'll start displaying some optimism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      If through next weekend we can hold serve with SCSU and stay ahead of UND, I'll start displaying some optimism.
                      Aaaaaaand UND loses. Hopefully these results become trends.

Comment

The Gophers do realize that there are going to be two games every weekend in the postseason too, right?

Comment

The propensity of this team to play down to the level of their competition is going to bite them in the arse.
                          Last edited by Go4PuckFan2.0; 02-23-2013, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                            The propensity of this team to play down to the level of their completion is going to bite them in the arse.
                            True.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

The Gophers have done a pretty poor job of picking guys up in front of their net the past two weeks. And they had a lot of problems breaking the puck out of their zone this weekend. Far too many turnovers at their blue line that led to extra chances and tired defenders. They won't go very far if they don't figure these things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                                The propensity of this team to play down to the level of their competition is going to bite them in the arse.
                                I'm afraid this may be the case. On the flip side, this works in the other direction as well, where they seem to really kick their game up another notch against better competition (AFA/BC/ND, for example) so if they can just get it in their minds that they need to play hard to win, they've got that gear, they just seem too settled where they are to do so. I can understand not going completely all-out down the stretch and getting worn down before the playoffs, but they really need to put that higher gear to use before it's just too late to shift gears.

Comment

Working...
                                X