X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I did not see the Lowell game, but to me on Friday night it looked like the biggest thing is we had absolutely no answer to NU's aggressive forechecking. Was Lowell using a similar aggressive forecheck? Is the lack of a couple of blueliners that can carry the puck through that is this teams Achillies heel?
    They were aggressive, but it didn't seem like either team was being (nor needed to be) aggressive in any particularly skilled way. In other words, simply skating at the BU defender with the puck was enough to spook them into a forced drop pass or a rushed clearing attempt. Any team with marginally skilled players (read: any D1 team) can accomplish this.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I'm going to guess that there hasn't been much fun at practice since Saturday.
      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
        I'm going to guess that there hasn't been much fun at practice since Saturday.
        ORANGE SLICES FOR EVERYONE!!!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Given the sheer nuckleheadedness involved, I sure hope that Parker isn't tying to get Noonan off the hook. Like I said earlier, I hope he adds another game himself.
          Looks like the league took care of that for Parker in adding a game suspension...
          http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/...1/jan22hea.php
          Last edited by WildShawn; 01-22-2013, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
            Looks like the league took care of that for Parker in adding a game suspension...
            jack should add one himself, or two. the kid has all kinds of issues right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              jack should add one himself, or two. the kid has all kinds of issues right now.
              The Bu SID tweeted Parker had already decided to add a game suspension before the league handed down theirs today.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Do we know exactly what the extra game is for? Is it for the spear? I really can say I'm not a fan of adding on to a suspension for a single infraction that is already addressed by the automatic DQ.

If this is cumulative, however, I'm ok with it. Looks like he had a 5 minute major for slashing at 19:56 of the third period on Friday night and then the 5 minute major and DQ for spearing on Saturday night. Plus all the diving he's been doing. Hopefully he will clean things up. Is it fair to say he's been the aggressor in some of these instances?

I'm really surprised BC didn't get Noonan with all these slashes and dives - he would have fit right in!!!! You'd think Parker would pass on a player like this.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

By no means am I saying every BU player does this, but with Noonan...you can clearly tell he looks for trouble out there. He is the instigator/aggressor in most instances.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    The Bu SID tweeted Parker had already decided to add a game suspension before the league handed down theirs today.
                    Suuuuuure.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                      Suuuuuure.
                      He added a game to Privitera's DQ, why wouldn't he for Noonan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        Just pro being pro...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          By no means am I saying every BU player does this, but with Noonan...you can clearly tell he looks for trouble out there. He is the instigator/aggressor in most instances.
                          Yes he is. Most flagrant was with Roy on Friday night. All Roy did was almost capitalize on a nice rush, and Noonan treated him as if he had whacked the goalie late or something. It's sort of like when a hitter gets thrown at for doing nothing more than playing well (e.g. hitting 3 home runs in a game).

I don't mind physical hockey, but I don't like Noonan's approach lately. Hopefully, recent consequences will have their intended effect.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                            Why wouldn't he? Have you not heard of Jack Parker's Wheel of Injustice? Give it a spin. Let's see.

You would think Parker would have booted Sabo after kicking in a kid's face considering how quickly he canned Glass for studying. But nope.

I don't think you can apply logic to Jack's senile ways of handling things.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                              Why wouldn't he? Have you not heard of Jack Parker's Wheel of Injustice? Give it a spin. Let's see.

You would think Parker would have booted Sabo after kicking in a kid's face considering how quickly he canned Glass for studying. But nope.

I don't think you can apply logic to Jack's senile ways of handling things.
                              Well, you could choose to apply his logic from three weeks ago, or 10 years ago. Either way, that type of goonery needs to stop. Never mind how stupid it was situationally for Noonan, a captain, to take that penalty, be it a 2 minute trip of a 5 minute spear.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The Noonan suspension reminds me of years past when Parker use to sit an upperclassmen, who wasn't playing (or behaving) quite up to par, a week or two before the Beanpot. That use to get the player back in line. Maybe this will work on Noonan too, especially being a local kid.

Comment

Working...
                                X