X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
    Completely agree with everything you said. Does any one know why Escobedo is no longer an "A," and Noonan is? Would Parker switch back?

Also, I saw Jake Moscatel dressed and served Noonan's 5 minute major, but did he take a regular shift? I was listening on-line and didn't hear Bernie call his name.
    Escobedo never had an A, it's Ruikka. And Moscatel skated well on the fourth line. Very much held his own physically, played hard but relatively smart, and was not at all a liability on the ice. Parker said already he'll dress next weekend because he (rightfully) deserves it, no word on who would sit. Good to see someone busting their butt out there and seeing ice time as a privilege.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Apart from my Noonan rant, thoughts on the game:

- 4, count them 4 cross bars - if one or two of those go in, the outcome certainly could have been different (especially Grzelcyk's).
    - O'Connor was very deep in his net on the SH 2 on 1 that resulted in a goal. A sign of a lack of confidence.
    - Nice weekend for Rodrigues. He almost had a SHG to tie the game after stealing the puck. The puck seemed to go on edge just as he shot it 5-hole.
    - Privitera was undressed for the second straight game. Luckily, this time, OC made the save, so it won't make the lowlight reel.
    - Kurker seems to be developing. He seems more confident in using his size. He had one nice rush in the third period.
    - Myron sat - not sure if it was an injury thing - I'm guessing not. Probably a good move, since his play seems to have dropped. Hopefully the move will work and he'll come out like a ball of fire next weekend.
    Didn't see how deep OC was in net, but it was a SH 4 on 1 so that may have contributed to is positioning. Kurker looked awful last night. His late 3rd period trip was equally as stupid as Noonan's subsequent one. Myron sat because he's also been awful, in favor of Moscatel.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      Escobedo never had an A, it's Ruikka. And Moscatel skated well on the fourth line. Very much held his own physically, played hard but relatively smart, and was not at all a liability on the ice. Parker said already he'll dress next weekend because he (rightfully) deserves it, no word on who would sit. Good to see someone busting their butt out there and seeing ice time as a privilege.

Didn't see how deep OC was in net, but it was a SH 4 on 1 so that may have contributed to is positioning. Kurker looked awful last night. His late 3rd period trip was equally as stupid as Noonan's subsequent one. Myron sat because he's also been awful, in favor of Moscatel.
      Good point on the trip, but it wasn't as stupid as Noonan's. IMHO, Kurker was hustling on that shift and making one last gasp to get the puck away from the River Hawk, but he got too much skate when he swiped his stick. Was it a bad play, yes. But I don't put it anywhere near on the same level as Noonan's, whose play served no purpose other than to get a cheap shot in. And Noonan is an upperclassman, and an Assistant Captain, which makes it significantly more stupid on his part.

As far as how Kurker looked overall, I guess we saw differently. Granted, the third line didn't do too much, although they did get the first goal. But Kurker, who was pretty much invisible through the first few games of the season, to me is looking better.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

A lot of hockey to play, but the team has slipped to #13 PWR. Definitely not what I expected after going into the break with a solid first half.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          A lot of hockey to play, but the team has slipped to #13 PWR. Definitely not what I expected after going into the break with a solid first half.
          One hope is that it is better to get this out of the system now than March...not saying we will, but after the Pats and BU had such a stellar weekend, I'm grasping for positives.
          I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Still in SC getting ready for the final round... What'd I miss?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Penn State won a hockey game. My kid's squirt team won their first game of the year. Uh . . . am I forgetting anything?
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                One hope is that it is better to get this out of the system now than March...not saying we will, but after the Pats and BU had such a stellar weekend, I'm grasping for positives.
                Took a friend to his first hockey game ever Saturday night. Here's his best quote, "How come the Lowell players seem to know where one another are on the ice and BU looks disjointed?"

Here's to hoping that the team that beat BC, UNH, and NoDak appears again....It all seemed to go downhill rapidly after Cisse left. You don't suppose there's more to that story than meets the eye, do you?
                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                  Took a friend to his first hockey game ever Saturday night. Here's his best quote, "How come the Lowell players seem to know where one another are on the ice and BU looks disjointed?"

Here's to hoping that the team that beat BC, UNH, and NoDak appears again....It all seemed to go downhill rapidly after Cisse left. You don't suppose there's more to that story than meets the eye, do you?
                  Maybe everyone is trying to fill his spot as the worst player on the team?

Comment

Nothing we haven't seen before Mookie.

BU Hockey: Rudderless
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Another embellishment/dive by BU. Jack Parker still thinks BC does all the diving. No word from the DFP peeps if the dive/spear by Noonan will ruin his Hobey chances.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                        Maybe everyone is trying to fill his spot as the worst player on the team?
                        good one

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post

It's funny, I went back and thought about what changed before this downturn started, and the only thing that really popped out, other than the time off, was Cisse leaving. It didn't make sense that him leaving would affect on-ice quality of play since his impact was minimal at best, but it begs the question to be asked, at least. Though, IIRC, he did leave before we won at UNH, so who knows.

To your point about your friend's question, I thought the same thing during the game. More so from the perspective of it seemed every time our defender got the puck on his stick in his own zone, instead of controlling it and looking to make the correct and smart play, he just looked to make a play, of any kind, whether it was to a BU player, a Lowell player, or to no one, almost to the point that it was a giant game of hot potato. There were so many errant passes in the zone, weak clearing attempts, and general discombobulation, and it was terrible to watch. They got the puck on their stick and immediately got rid of it to no one in particular.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I also meant to say that if Noonan really didn't spear the goalie, good luck with having Bertagna overturning that DQ for Noonan. Pigs will fly before that ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              I also meant to say that if Noonan really didn't spear the goalie, good luck with having Bertagna overturning that DQ for Noonan. Pigs will fly before that ever happens.
                              Given the sheer nuckleheadedness involved, I sure hope that Parker isn't tying to get Noonan off the hook. Like I said earlier, I hope he adds another game himself.

Comment

It's funny, I went back and thought about what changed before this downturn started, and the only thing that really popped out, other than the time off, was Cisse leaving. It didn't make sense that him leaving would affect on-ice quality of play since his impact was minimal at best, but it begs the question to be asked, at least. Though, IIRC, he did leave before we won at UNH, so who knows.
                                I dont know... somehow I'm not thinking that Cisse was the straw stirring the drink here...but maybe he was more of a locker room guy than we realized... guessing thats not it though.

To your point about your friend's question, I thought the same thing during the game. More so from the perspective of it seemed every time our defender got the puck on his stick in his own zone, instead of controlling it and looking to make the correct and smart play, he just looked to make a play, of any kind, whether it was to a BU player, a Lowell player, or to no one, almost to the point that it was a giant game of hot potato. There were so many errant passes in the zone, weak clearing attempts, and general discombobulation, and it was terrible to watch. They got the puck on their stick and immediately got rid of it to no one in particular.
                                I did not see the Lowell game, but to me on Friday night it looked like the biggest thing is we had absolutely no answer to NU's aggressive forechecking. Was Lowell using a similar aggressive forecheck? Is the lack of a couple of blueliners that can carry the puck through that is this teams Achillies heel?

Comment

Working...
                                X