This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

BU can (and will) be very, very good again.. but it will not be under current HC. (just my opinion).
    I admire the guy, but i am surprised he has not let go.. (again, ego, entitlement, whatever).. to make the call to Colorado..heck wherever needs to be made, for the school he cares so deeply about. Even after he makes the call.. it takes a bit of time to get the thing rolling again, he must know this.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      No, I didn't. Did you? Perhaps that's your problem. Relying too heavily on unproven freshmen when it's the upperclassmen who first need to lead the way. Everything can fall into place after that.
      My problem (if I have one) is the chef who buys the groceries and cooks the dinner, is serving me chicken chit when I order chicken salad.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Side comment - why is it that in the history of hockey, players have not learned to stop trying to hit the puck out of the air when it is above your shoulder? I get the fact that it is somewhat of a natural instinct, but c'mon already! Automatic face-off at the other end of the ice with 14 seconds left? If Megan leaves the puck alone, it at least is till in the NU zone, headed towards the goal line.
        This play reminded me of game 3 of the QF series vs NU in 2011. In that game, BU scored two late goals to bring the score to 5-4 NU. On the faceoff, it came back to Warsofsky and he hit it with a high stick, as it went back to his zone. He touched up and the faceoff was in BU's zone, with about 10 seconds left and Parker puts Millan back in the net.

Why? Outside of the obvious, NU might score (just like last night); your goalie being in the net can not help you win the game, like an extra attacker can. It's the risk you have to run. Who cares if you lose by 1 goal or 2 goals?!? You still lost. In the 2011 example, BU's season was on the line and they still did it. That's one thing that bothered me about O'Connor back in net last night and him waiting until about 5 seconds left to head to the bench (while the puck is in the neutral zone). What good is that gonna do?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          My problem (if I have one) is the chef who buys the groceries and cooks the dinner, is serving me chicken chit when I order chicken salad.
          Mook, this is the question: Did the chef get bad produce for your salad, or do you just have a chef who can't cook anymore?

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
            Mook, this is the question: Did the chef get bad produce for your salad, or do you just have a chef who can't cook anymore?

Doesn't matter... Like bill parcells, whether he buys the groceries or cooks the meal, he's responsible

Comment

We will have qualified applicants, you bet.

Better not be like you imply though.... "Ok, I'm gone, here's my replacement!"
              So if it came out tomorrow that Jack announced he was retiring at the end of the season, and he, along with the AD had picked his replacement as David Quinn, you wouldn't be OK with that? I suspect 99.9% of those who've been calling for Parker's head for a decade would be ecstatic.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                I agree that Fishhawk is overdoing it here -- but only a little. It made me think of the NC in 2009, we're down 3-1, Zach Cohen scores with a minute left to make it 3-2, and everybody on the ice jumps, hands in the air, big hug behind the net. That reaction tells you something about the team.
                I agree more with DSP.

The too cool to get excited approach would better suit a veteran team...
                Sure, the reality is they only had a minute to go...plenty of goals get scored to tie a game in the last minute...rarely, that I recall, from an emotionless team.

I've seen coaches change tactics and formations in sports, knowing there would be some degradation in short-term performance but a benefit over time. With a young team I could understand some experimentation that was designed to prepare them for the post season or whatever...but I'm not getting that vibe here. They honestly look like they are all playing a new position every game.

Nobody has a feel for where the other guy is...with the exception of the first goal I think we have no intuition demonstrated via our play. Even the passing on the 5-3 and other power plays looks tentative and forced.

They look like a pitcher aiming his pitches because he is afraind he is going to get pulled. If I were Jack I'd give them 2 days off, hold practice without a coach for a few days and come out and just play against Harvard...they look too tight.

Would Cahoon be a possible replacement?

edit: based on the question below...Quinn would be my first choice...from what I know of him.
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  So if it came out tomorrow that Jack announced he was retiring at the end of the season, and he, along with the AD had picked his replacement as David Quinn, you wouldn't be OK with that? I suspect 99.9% of those who've been calling for Parker's head for a decade would be ecstatic.
                  It's not Parker University, it's Boston University.

Comment

It's not Parker University, it's Boston University.
                    I'm in agreement, though at some level, Jack should have some input as to who he thinks would be the best choice to succeed him, but definitely should not make the decision. That said, it would seem Quinn is someone who is high on his list, and seems to be high on everyone else's list of the right guy to succeed him, thus it doesn't make it Parker University if he's selected, it only means Parker's last bit of "coaching" as head coach would be a good move.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      I'm in agreement, though at some level, Jack should have some input as to who he thinks would be the best choice to succeed him, but definitely should not make the decision. That said, it would seem Quinn is someone who is high on his list, and seems to be high on everyone else's list of the right guy to succeed him, thus it doesn't make it Parker University if he's selected, it only means Parker's last bit of "coaching" as head coach would be a good move.
                      Yah.... But
                      When Mr Bob Ford retires from oakmont, he is not going to name his replacement.

Or.... If my wife would divorce me, is she gonna have input into her replacement?

Comment

Mike Sullivan is the best choice for the job.
                        Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

You know what? It's not jacks call one way or the other. Therefore why even give him the appearance his voice matters? He has no veto or yes vote. So take the watch and thanks again.... But no input whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                            Mike Sullivan is the best choice for the job.
                            I'd be happy with either Quinn or Sullivan, but without any good reason, I agree. I would prefer to hear that Sullivan is the guy.

Parker called him the best captain he had ever had back in the day. And my lasting image of him is watching him skate down the ice at Munn Ice Arena, on a very injured ankle, on a near breakaway for what ended up as an assist on Rob Regan's goal that sealed the big upset over Michigan State in 1990.

Quinn battled through all the adversity that came with being a first round draft pick and then hearing that you can't fulfill your dream due to a rare blood disorder.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

When the time comes, if BU does it right (and the BU athletic department does not always do stuff right)... but if they do it right, there would be a search process. Comittie formed, input from a number of areas and then a final proposed choice selected with the final decision/approval on that choice to be made by someone very high up at the university. The hockey program is big enough I assume the final choice would be above the athletic director. The president perhaps or the board.

It is pretty reasonable to think that Jack will be a part of that process.... and that does not make it Parker University.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                When the time comes, if BU does it right (and the BU athletic department does not always do stuff right)... but if they do it right, there would be a search process. Comittie formed, input from a number of areas and then a final proposed choice selected with the final decision/approval on that choice to be made by someone very high up at the university. The hockey program is big enough I assume the final choice would be above the athletic director. The president perhaps or the board.

It is pretty reasonable to think that Jack will be a part of that process.... and that does not make it Parker University.
                                What is the one mistake Michael makes?

He keeps his dad around when he has sit downs and tries to tell his guys what to do. They hem and haw and ask the Don... Who is forced to tell them that Michael is in charge.

There is a reason you either kill the old Don, or send him on his boat to Miami.

I wouldn't even allow jack a boat seat on Friends.

Cut the cord. The new man is the man. Old guy has no day in the matter, nothing.

Capisci

Comment

Working...
                                X