X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Bonino was hurt his jr yr... Don't be a jd or nick and just look at numbers

Then he left because he went straight to Anaheim... Hardly because he "wasn't doing so well"
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I don't think it is fair to say all of those years were putrid.
      You know what? I take it back. Last year, it looked as if BU was going to turn the corner. But there is something that I can't put my finger on.

Let me edit to say that I don't think Parker has a grip on the team, but my speculation that it's caused by his heart is something that was short-sighted.
      Last edited by Terrier520; 02-05-2013, 09:08 AM.
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

I know things have been down since the Denver trip (save a few games), but isn't BU still #12 in the PWR? If the season ended today, wouldn't they be in the NCAA tournament? This isn't taking into account conference tournament upsets, where a team gets an automatic bid.

Also, was I the only one who found it strange that Ben Rosen was one of the six attackers, when they were down 3-1? Is he really one of BU's top offensive threats? He has 5 points on the year. Plus, if I recall correctly, it was right after BU took their timeout, so guys should have been somewhat rested.
        Last edited by Boston22; 02-05-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
          I know things have been down since the Denver trip (save a few games), but isn't BU still #12 in the PWR? If the season ended today, wouldn't they be in the NCAA tournament? This isn't taking into account conference tournament upsets.

Also, was I the only one who found it strange that Ben Rosen was one of the six attackers, when they were down 3-1? Is he really one of BU's top offensive threats? He has 5 points on the year. Plus, if I recall correctly, it was right after BU took their timeout, so guys should have been somewhat rested.
          But the problem is that BU was higher up before they started losing to all these terrible teams. Now, there are terrible teams coming up, but it doesn't mean that we can get better. Right now, it's unclear how well BU can do against them.
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

I know things have been down since the Denver trip (save a few games), but isn't BU still #12 in the PWR? If the season ended today, wouldn't they be in the NCAA tournament? This isn't taking into account conference tournament upsets, where a team gets an automatic bid.

Well, the between periods crew stated that BU was #15 going into last night's game.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
              Apparently Coyle is good after all.
              Impossible. All the fanboys here said he was terrible!
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                37: 7-19-26
                16: 3-11-14

39: 8-10-18

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Don't be a jd or nick and just look at numbers
                  Good point.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Good point.
                    I'm just trying to speak your language

Comment

One play last night spoke volumes to me about the state of BU hockey right now. With around 1:25 left in the 3rd, Grzelcyk gets the puck behind his own net and showing the speed and skill worthy of a Boston Bruins draft pick takes the puck the length of the ice, shoots, gets his own rebound, controls it behind the NU net and feeds it out to Gill who puts BU down by 1 with 1:11 left in the game. BU now has a real chance to tie it up on what will effectively be a 1:00+ powerplay. Was there a celebration in front of the net? Did anyone congratulate Grzelcyk on his awesome inspired play? Nope. Gill and the other two forwards turned their back on him and skated back towards the bench as if the game was some kind of chore leaving Grzelcyk next to Rawlings with no love. BU has the talent to beat anyone, they just don't seem to give a fart half the time.

Comment

FishHawk, the BU players' reaction on that goal was measured & appropriate. You were still down a goal.. what did you expect? Gagnam style..
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

They were freaking losing with a minute left!! Too early to start licking each others lollipops fhawk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Nick you are a dimwit if nothing else. What was said was that he hadnt been productive not that he wasnt good. More proof of Parker's ineptness.

Comment

I noticed this too, and found it disturbing. All I can think of is that Parker wanted to give Rosen a chance to atone for his assist on NU's second goal. But it doesn't make sense.

There are two players on this team that I am excited about and look forward to watching - O'Regan and Grzelcyk. I thought I would be excited about Nieto this season, but he just hasn't been able to raise his game.

Side comment - why is it that in the history of hockey, players have not learned to stop trying to hit the puck out of the air when it is above your shoulder? I get the fact that it is somewhat of a natural instinct, but c'mon already! Automatic face-off at the other end of the ice with 14 seconds left? If Megan leaves the puck alone, it at least is till in the NU zone, headed towards the goal line.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                Nick you are a dimwit if nothing else. What was said was that he hadnt been productive not that he wasnt good. More proof of Parker's ineptness.
                                You call in to brownie yet today? Speak with his lovely assistant? Voice your concerns?

Comment

Working...
                                X