X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Part II

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Put us up against Minnesota, Michigan, UND, Wisconsin, DU and the like to get the best understanding of where we stand over the last 10-15 years. I haven't looked specifically, but I'd bet we're not ahead of any of those five.
    Quick work on a slow Monday morning. Take the last 15 years. Assign a score of 2 pts for a conf tournament title, 5 pts for a FF appearance, and 10 pts for a national title. Completely arbitrary. Here are the results.

BC 108
    Ndak 55
    MICH 52
    MN 46
    MAINE 44
    DU 38
    MSU 33
    UNH 24
    DULUTH 22
    WISC 22
    BU 19
    NOTRE DAME 14
    MIAMI 12
    Ohio State 7

Sorry had a formula error.
    Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-04-2013, 09:11 AM.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Quick work on a slow Monday morning. Take the last 15 years. Assign a score of 2 pts for a conf tournament title, 5 pts for a FF appearance, and 10 pts for a national title. Completely arbitrary. Here are the results.

BC 108
      Ndak 55
      MICH 52
      MN 46
      MAINE 44
      DU 38
      MSU 33
      UNH 24
      DULUTH 22
      WISC 22
      BU 19
      NOTRE DAME 14
      MIAMI 12
      Ohio State 7

Sorry had a formula error.
      Please redo adding in 20 points for a Beanpot

Comment

You beat me to the punch here. No matter what happens, if mookie wants to put BU in a "nationally relevant" or "signature" category to include them over the past 15 years, and 2009 is the only reason they'd be in there (which you simply can't discount obviously), they would be at the bottom of that list with really one fluky season to represent that whole body of work. It's not pretty.

I do find this freaking out to be hilarious at this point in time however. BU will on the next two Mondays and will be a genius to take such a terrible team of selfish players and figure out how to get them to win the precious Beanpot!
        so being in the top 11 (your results) means you are not relevant? is bc the only team that is a 'signature' program? do you have to be 1-2-3 to be relevant?

your assignment doesn't even pass a smell test if you have uhn ranked so high... on one had your ridicule them for gloating on the 'no hardware', yet now assign high praise.

be consistent, please.
        y'all keep moving the bar to shove bu down when it's not needed.

just sit back and smile and show us "3 of last 4" and realize that all those 2-14 teams below are in another level.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Completely arbitrary...
          and... why no regular season title? much more worthwhile that a conf. tourney (think how fluky those are, like when bc lost to a lowly 8 seed in a best of 3---which should NEVER HAPPEN TO PREMIER PROGRAMS!!

and getting to the frozen four is worth half the points for winning the NC? are you in uhn grad skool? having a hot weekend (cause you can really get into the ncaa by being mediocre (bu last year) and then getting some luck.

again, it's funny how much y'all go out of your way to waste time letting bu know how bad they are...

on your list, i'd rather have bu's recent history then
          bucky
          sparty
          maine (hell, event their two titles are tainted! they had the good luck of landing the greatest college player ever, oh-and getting to play uhn in the other final )
          duluth
          uhn
          ---and und & umaa have no titles. so that would be up to the chooser to decide (i'm up in the air, could go either way).

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            so being in the top 11 (your results) means you are not relevant? is bc the only team that is a 'signature' program? do you have to be 1-2-3 to be relevant?

your assignment doesn't even pass a smell test if you have uhn ranked so high... on one had your ridicule them for gloating on the 'no hardware', yet now assign high praise.

be consistent, please.
            y'all keep moving the bar to shove bu down when it's not needed.

just sit back and smile and show us "3 of last 4" and realize that all those 2-14 teams below are in another level.
            Of course everyone else is on another level from BC. Everyone knows that. Forget about BC being at the top. The point is to see where BU belongs among the rest of the "signature programs" in college hockey. And clearly, they are right down at the bottom (let's be honest, ND and Miami are stretching it for that term and they are newbies and Ohio State is somewhat of a joke to even include but worth including to show the difference between them and BU is 1 conf tourney title and a NC over 15 years - not a lot, and that's pathetic).

UNH has been consistently better than BU has over the past 15 years.

FWIW, as far as consistency, using the above numbers, guess which team was the least consistent, relying on their best season the most for their point total over the 15 years? Oh yes, it was BU at 89% (just 1 HE tourney title in 2006). Thank God for you guys Miami choked huh?

89% BU
            71% Ohio State
            68% DULUTH
            68% WISC
            45% MSU
            45% DU
            42% MIAMI
            37% MN
            36% NOTRE DAME
            34% MAINE
            31% Ndak
            29% UNH
            29% MICH
            16% BC
            Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-04-2013, 11:47 AM.
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

so being in the top 11 (your results) means you are not relevant?
              You introduced the word "relevant" into this and I think it's a poor choice. If you want to call BU "relevant", by all means, go ahead. It's a pretty broad term for this discussion which can be interpreted in many different ways.

Comment

As long as you're happy mookie, so am I.

Will you be writing a letter to Bobby Brown to implore him to continue to employ Mr. Parker anytime soon then?

Comment

I just hope BU keeps up this level of great relevance for many years to come

Comment

and... why no regular season title? much more worthwhile that a conf. tourney (think how fluky those are, like when bc lost to a lowly 8 seed in a best of 3---which should NEVER HAPPEN TO PREMIER PROGRAMS!!
                    Mookie has a good point.
                    Should be 20 extra points for any program who's coach gets Coach of the Year honors every time his team wins a RS title.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Mookie has a good point.
                      Should be 20 extra points for any program who's coach gets Coach of the Year honors every time his team wins a RS title.
                      I like the way you think

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        -

89% BU
                        71% Ohio State
                        68% DULUTH
                        68% WISC
                        45% MSU
                        45% DU
                        42% MIAMI
                        37% MN
                        36% NOTRE DAME
                        34% MAINE
                        31% Ndak
                        29% UNH
                        29% MICH
                        16% BC
                        Making more stats upon useless stats is dumb

I might as well say if bu didn't have to play bc they'd be better
                        May as well add if it wasn't for the past 5 yrs and bc's shocking change of fortune we'd still be chanting "1949" (oh, except for the one yr y'all won with two one-and-dones that without which you wouldn't off (and now go mock all other programs because your good boys don't leave )

And no, I'm not happy!!!

Comment

I might as well say if bu didn't have to play bc they'd be better
                          Interestingly enough... I think the head to head record over the timeframe in question seems to continually hover somewhere around .500... I guess that is what a rivalry does for you.

I think something that some posters are missing here (or maybe it's just the superfanboys missing it on purpose) is that there is a lot of ground between "fire Parker" and "overall recent record should be better".

Comment

Shocking change of fortune? It's amazing what you can do with a great coach. BU once knew about this.

Oh and it was 1 one and done. And the argument has never been that BC doesn't have ANY guys that leave after one or two years.

Comment

Eric, what I don't understand is how there are still people who think parker should be coach. How long did comley last at MSU after their title in 2007?

Comment

sorry, one 1&done one 2&done. i am corrected.

and it was a shocking change in fortune (to us). we always knew bc to be the chokers. snooks, lenny (god, was there ever a worse 'big' game coach ). cheddarchuck didn't get his fair chance! . heck even jerry's first 10 years was '1 fluke title and 8 choke jobs'. (HOW IN THE HELL DID Y'ALL EVER LOSE TO MSU!?!?!?!!?! ) then jerry made a deal with the devil and will pay for it once he dies.

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Eric, what I don't understand is how there are still people who think parker should be coach. How long did comley last at MSU after their title in 2007?
                                list these people already!!! please

Comment

Working...
                                X