This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Was scheduled to go to PU but was under the weather. I really missed seeing DrD and Jenny. Paul Stewart has done nothing to improve the zebras in his tenure, in fact he has made it worse. He has it our for SA so much that he verbalized it and this of course filters down to his guys. One of Paul's multiple shortcomings is his constant self promotion. Steve Hagwell should say to him before consulting with KHL that he should fix the problem in the ECAC. The crediblity of the league is in serious question IMO. Paul has been living off the past for a long time. I not putting this one in the loss column for the boys or our great coach. I have a third column now, for games we got the screw by the ECAC. I want to thank DrD for his long crusade and truth telling about Kotrya.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      With all this talk about what ref calls what and "screws" us, I wonder if our friend in the league office Mr. Stewart has this song played when he enters the office every morning.
      Thanks my friend for standing up for the truth and allowing me to yell at the refs in section 9 and make an utter jerk of myself.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        With all this talk about what ref calls what and "screws" us, I wonder if our friend in the league office Mr. Stewart has this song played when he enters the office every morning.

Fantastic. Wouldn't mind of The Mountie made a comeback to the squared circle either.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          My right eye is not the best
          You can still spot the females though.

Comment

Our great coach's tweet re:PU game

Seth Appert ‏@SethAppert
            Tough loss at PU last night only giving up 11 shots on goal. Need to learn quickly how lack of urgency in any part of game is difference

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post

Seth Appert ‏@SethAppert
              Tough loss at PU last night only giving up 11 shots on goal. Need to learn quickly how lack of urgency in any part of game is difference
              That'd be a swell improvement for this team.

FYI --> The boysin the booth both said the light was on before it was in. RPI's inept start killed their chances, as Coach said, not the refs.
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Kudos for making making the trip FD...nice work. I can't disagree with much....I'm frustrated.... for the team more than anything right now. Tim said it several times during his broadcast last night, you can't play any better in the neutral or D zone than RPI did last night in 2nd and 3rd . We dominated. Appert said it -- the onus falls on the team to realize that P was gonna come out and punch us in the mouth to start the game, following the loss to U. Plain as day...no mystery there. A coach can only say it so many times. The TEAM has to go out and match their level of play, as Seth said. Coaches can't do it, can't wear a sweater.

We are simply the best 1 win team in the league...and I do not say that sarcastically. We can beat anybody when we play like we did this weekend...but reality is, we are a one win team. Wish I had the magic key to unlock the scoring.
                So please explain to me when a coach gives a game plan which is not executed, what next? Coaches do not wear sweaters, so do you think there is a disconnect???
                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Thanks my friend for standing up for the truth and allowing me to yell at the refs in section 9 and make an utter jerk of myself.
                  No problem, I got your back if things get crazy.
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    Fantastic. Wouldn't mind of The Mountie made a comeback to the squared circle either.
                    One of the best guys from the good ol' days of WWF when it was still real haha
                    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Was scheduled to go to PU but was under the weather. I really missed seeing DrD and Jenny. Paul Stewart has done nothing to improve the zebras in his tenure, in fact he has made it worse. He has it our for SA so much that he verbalized it and this of course filters down to his guys. One of Paul's multiple shortcomings is his constant self promotion. Steve Hagwell should say to him before consulting with KHL that he should fix the problem in the ECAC. The crediblity of the league is in serious question IMO. Paul has been living off the past for a long time. I not putting this one in the loss column for the boys or our great coach. I have a third column now, for games we got the screw by the ECAC. I want to thank DrD for his long crusade and truth telling about Kotrya.
                      Missed you there for sure. Jenny and i were looking all over for you. Hope you are feeling better. The refs did not steal this one. They actually called a very decent game. We just thought there were a few curiously fast whistles and 'perhaps' one goal that should have counted (second period) but definitely not the one at the buzzer. I think Dumas was more inadequate than Kotyra (who surprised me by just not callng his usual 16 minutes+ against us)
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

You can still spot the females though.
                        Always could.

Comment

Seth Appert ‏@SethAppert
                          Coach knows-this is one we could have and should have put away in the W column. Hard to take when you do so much right.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
                            So please explain to me when a coach gives a game plan which is not executed, what next? Coaches do not wear sweaters, so do you think there is a disconnect???
                            If the plan itself is crud, you can blame the coach. Trying to do an umbrella PP in a league where blocking shots is second nature is crud, so it's good that the staff has fixed that. If the kids can't execute, there's not much the coach can do. Sure, the coach could try something else that fits the players, but that only goes so far. If the problem is inconsistency, there isn't much the coach can do about that.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              Missed you there for sure. Jenny and i were looking all over for you. Hope you are feeling better. The refs did not steal this one. They actually called a very decent game. We just thought there were a few curiously fast whistles and 'perhaps' one goal that should have counted (second period) but definitely not the one at the buzzer. I think Dumas was more inadequate than Kotyra (who surprised me by just not callng his usual 16 minutes+ against us)
                              Although most of us remember Hicks from the BU game a couple years ago that was good for the fans who think the most important part of hockey is fighting, the other ref was Dumas(s).

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                And when they get down to the other end, I yell at them in Section 6.

Comment

Working...
                                X