This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    With all due respect, you wouldn't stand a chance. He would reveal your lack of hockey knowledge within the first 10 seconds.
    Based on his close relationship with our great coach how dare you say Aspydad lacks hockey knowledge. I'm sure SA has taught him everything he knows.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
      With all due respect, you wouldn't stand a chance. He would reveal your lack of hockey knowledge within the first 10 seconds.
      If so, they would be on pretty equal footing.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        If so, they would be on pretty equal footing.
        You underestimate the almighty Stewart grasshopper!
        I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

You underestimate the almighty Stewart grasshopper!
          I guess so.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            In case anyone local to the Albany area doesn't feel like going to the game tonight....
            That's the spirit .
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Actually, he'd be too busy reminding us how great and smart he is, he wouldn't have time to field any questions.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                Actually, he'd be too busy reminding us how great and smart he is, he wouldn't have time to field any questions.
                +1
                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                  Based on his close relationship with our great coach how dare you say Aspydad lacks hockey knowledge. I'm sure SA has taught him everything he knows.
                  That would have been a quick conversation!
                  Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

+1
                    You realize he was talking about Stewart, right?
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      You realize he was talking about Stewart, right?
                      ......sure do!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        AspyDad or Stewart?

Edit: Wait, AspyDad would be reminding us how smart SA is.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did you read WaP's recent post that compared our records with certain refs with our overall record in the same time period?
                          Yes-but as i mentioned-the score sheets and penalty minutes tell only a part of each night's story. Calling a 5 minute major early in the first period is not the same as calling one with 2 seconds left in the third period. You really have to see each game to appreciate the effects of the bad calls and no calls. The score sheet also does not show the holding and interference that is allowed by one team but called on the other. I try to take each game as it's own entity. I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt but when I see a trend, I just cannot ignore it.
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 02-01-2013, 10:40 AM.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Yes-but as i mentioned-the score sheets and penalty minutes tell only a part of each night's story. Calling a 5 minute major early in the first period is not the same as calling one with 2 seconds left in the third period. You really have to see each game to appreciate the effects of the bad calls and no calls. The score sheet also does not show the holding and interference that is allowed by one team but called on the other. I try to take each game as it's own entity. I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt but when I see a trend, I just cannot ignore it.
                            Agreed, but the fact remains that we have better records with them as refs than we have overall. I do think another factor is that we have them as refs more at home than on the road since I think that they don't travel much to New England, and since like most teams we play better at home, those records are somewhat biased.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Agreed, but the fact remains that we have better records with them as refs than we have overall. I do think another factor is that we have them as refs more at home than on the road since I think that they don't travel much to New England, and since like most teams we play better at home, those records are somewhat biased.
                              Underscore biased. It also makes a big difference to look at what team was the opposition when a ref was on the ice. There is a big difference between playing Sacred Heart and playing Cornell. No matter how bad kotyra has been-and no matter what he has called or not called-it is harder for that to influence a game against Sacred Heart, Alabama Huntsville, AIC, etc. If you look at the recent Princeton game down here, the score card looks almost like he and Dumas called a very fair game. I was not so sure-being given the only penalties during play in the first period certainly had an effect. Calling off an RPI goal mid game also did not help. None of that will show up well on paper.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                                Stop the jealous thing would you.
                                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Working...
                                X