X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    I know this idea is really old-fashioned, but i guess it fits me because of that.

In early days of personal computer use, I'd type stuff in my word processor first, use spell check there, then copy into the e-mail or the website text box afterwards.....
    Alternatively, use any modern browser which spell checks within text boxes on-the-fly while you type.
    APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
      Alternatively, use any modern browser which spell checks within text boxes on-the-fly while you type.
      My only excuse for all my previous errors has now been corrected. I can now see the keyboard. The problem now is that since my right eye has been corrected-I will have to go back and get the left one done to even things up a bit.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        My only excuse for all my previous errors has now been corrected. I can now see the keyboard. The problem now is that since my right eye has been corrected-I will have to go back and get the left one done to even things up a bit.
        Now that your eye is fixed, you'll see that I'm a short skinny dude with short hair.

Comment

You did pretty well before considering that you couldn't see the keyboard.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
            Does that mean not IE9, or is than option somewhere that I don't have checked?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Now that your eye is fixed, you'll see that I'm a short skinny dude with short hair.
              Love the hair-as you saw I kind of believe in letting it grow also. Like Zero Mostel said in The Producers-"If you got it, flaunt it baby"

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                You did pretty well before considering that you couldn't see the keyboard.
                I made tons of errors-mostly because i am just typing fast and posting without reading it at all. I am on IE8 and sometimes Firefox and I haven't found a spell check there either.

Edit-Firefox does spell check. I had it turned off in Options. But i think it only works in cases where you type in more than one line of text.
                Last edited by DrDemento; 01-31-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I made tons of errors-mostly because i am just typing fast and posting without reading it at all. I am on IE8 and sometimes Firefox and I haven't found a spell check there either.

Edit-Firefox does spell check. I had it turned off in Options. But i think it only works in cases where you type in more than one line of text.
                  It may have to do with your OS's plugins as well. I know when I was using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, I only had a British spell checker available to me for some reason.

Comment

It may have to do with your OS's plugins as well. I know when I was using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, I only had a British spell checker available to me for some reason.
                    I did try to use a spell checker with IE8 at one time but for some reason it fouled up a bunch of things and had to be removed. I am certainly no computer expert-so I try to keep it simple. If I run into real trouble with a work I call up the block and ask the 11 year old Pakistani kid who competed in the National Spelling Bee(but i have to use it in a sentence and give him the definition)

Comment

I did try to use a spell checker with IE8 at one time but for some reason it fouled up a bunch of things and had to be removed. I am certainly no computer expert-so I try to keep it simple. If I run into real trouble with a work I call up the block and ask the 11 year old Pakistani kid who competed in the National Spelling Bee(but i have to use it in a sentence and give him the definition)
                      Not to mention the etymology and any alternate pronunciations.

Comment

As far as I can tell the only spell checker that I have is one that can check what is in a box after it is all typed, and I have to go to the trouble of pressing the button each time to have it do that. I don't see a way for it to anything more sophisticated -- like adding "and Clarkson still Sucks!" at the end of every sentence.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

WARNING to casual observers: This is the portion of the week where sadly, the RPI Hockey thread veers wheels up into the ditch....smoke coming from the under the hood. With any luck, Friday will come quickly and talk will return to something resembling hockey.
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            WARNING to casual observers: This is the portion of the week where sadly, the RPI Hockey thread veers wheels up into the ditch....smoke coming from the under the hood. With any luck, Friday will come quickly and talk will return to something resembling hockey.
                            You want to talk hockey? Let's talk hockey.

Friday is Military Appreciation Night.

Comment

You want to talk hockey? Let's talk hockey.

Friday is Military Appreciation Night.
                              It's also Wear Red Day. Seems a bit early.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                It's also Wear Red Day. Seems a bit early.
                                It's also National Freedom Day.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X