X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I was prepared to ask for a bit more than that tonight.
    TMI, Doc. Just sayin'
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      TMI, Doc. Just sayin'
      I was talking about a hot chocolate with marshmallows in it. But I forgot you have a Wicked mind.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        BTW, not to bring up the atrocity again, but did I hear the band play "Forget You" after the phantom interference?
        Hey, look on the bright side, RPI WAS A TUC ON FRIDAY!!!!!
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Hey, look on the bright side, RPI WAS A TUC ON FRIDAY!!!!!
          Did I not also say anything about Saturday being a must win or tie? That's why we're not any longer.

Comment

maybe this is what's needed by one of our associate coaches the next time (which should be Fri.) an ECAC ref blows another one ......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JPee...layer_embedded
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              maybe this is what's needed by one of our associate coaches the next time (which should be Fri.) an ECAC ref blows another one ......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JPee...layer_embedded
              I think ANYONE in Section 33 would be ready to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                Did I not also say anything about Saturday being a must win or tie? That's why we're not any longer.
                I'm sorry, that appears to have gone way over your head.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/co...te-season_push
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

You guys will not believe where I am sending this from=they actually have wifi in the recovery room where I have just undergone 2 hours of cataract and retina surgery. Hopefully this will allow me to type better when posting and not make so many mistakes. Should be home in a couple hours but will have the eye patched for 48 hours at least.

Need you mathematicians for this-is there any way that we get to finish our 2000th game this year without also getting to win our 1000th victory? I have no idea why I am having these crazy thoughts right now but the anesthesia has not worn off totally yet.
                    I hope it was a success.

Let's say we lose all 10 remaining regular season games, then win two of three in the first round of then ECAC playoffs, then two of two in the second round and lose both the semifinal and consolation game. That would be 17 more games bringing us to 2000 but only four more victories getting us to 991. Clearly we could win some more of the games and still not reach 1000.

Edit: Never mind. There was a whole page of posts I did not read.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I'm not really concerned about who the odd man out wouldve been. My point was Burger's line has been kicking tail...and absolutely deserved another start together. That's my opinion and I respect it absolutely and without discussion.
                      It has to be someone, and for whatever reason it was Burgdoerfer. You would probably have complained no matter whom it was .
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        It has to be someone, and for whatever reason it was Burgdoerfer. You would probably have complained no matter whom it was .
                        I'm not sure I understand it, either, considering we need size when we play Union, and he gives us size (NOT THAT KIND). Who knows, maybe there was concern that, especially after just getting a game misconduct, what happened to his brother a few years ago, and what happened to another player the last time a Union player flopped, it wasn't worth the risk. At least I don't think it was his third misconduct (which results in a 1-game suspension).

Comment

Nice. Thanks for posting it.

Yes, we played Clarkson last year, but #10 doesn't play #9.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

idk if its been posted here yet,i found it on the Union thread, but a CHN article about the Mayor's cup: Jstadts is quoted in the article with a misspelled first and last name

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...ng_rivalry.php
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I hope it was a success.

Let's say we lose all 10 remaining regular season games, then win two of three in the first round of then ECAC playoffs, then two of two in the second round and lose both the semifinal and consolation game. That would be 17 more games bringing us to 2000 but only four more victories getting us to 991. Clearly we could win some more of the games and still not reach 1000.

Edit: Never mind. There was a whole page of posts I did not read.
                              Thanks RB-i won't know for some time yet. I am fully patched for now. It seemed to go smoothly and I elected to go with no systemic anesthesia(just the topical anesthetic drops). I have had lots of surgery in my life and I just recover so much faster if I am awake for it. Besides it is really kind of exciting to converse with the surgeon as things are being done. Best of all, if you are not put to sleep, when it is over you just fet up and get dressed and go home. I had close to 2 hours of surgery and less than 15 minutes in the recovery room. Keeping fingers crossed-just want to be able to do some of the driving again and to be able to see the right side of the rink during the games. BTW this surgery was scheduled for just before the Princeton game-but I postponed it. You always have to have your priorities in the right place and RPI hockey was something i did not want to miss.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Thanks RB-i won't know for some time yet. I am fully patched for now. It seemed to go smoothly and I elected to go with no systemic anesthesia(just the topical anesthetic drops). I have had lots of surgery in my life and I just recover so much faster if I am awake for it. Besides it is really kind of exciting to converse with the surgeon as things are being done. Best of all, if you are not put to sleep, when it is over you just fet up and get dressed and go home. I had close to 2 hours of surgery and less than 15 minutes in the recovery room. Keeping fingers crossed-just want to be able to do some of the driving again and to be able to see the right side of the rink during the games. BTW this surgery was scheduled for just before the Princeton game-but I postponed it. You always have to have your priorities in the right place and RPI hockey was something i did not want to miss.

You're one of THOSE. If I was the doctor doing surgery, I'd demand to put to sleep.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X