X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    I did the same-I loved the scenic beauty of driving the Taconic and the savings from not paying the Thruway tolls. But way back then-I was able to purchase for $40 per year a special NY Thruway plate that allowed you to pay no tolls all year. I am sure there is no such bargain offered these days. The only problem with taking the Taconic route was in snowy weather. The road can be one of the toughest to drive in bad weather.
    I agree about the Taconic was to be avoided in the snow, espcailly the windy, hilly sections in the south. In those cases I took the Thruway.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I've taken the Taconic to NYC, although I would also grab 84 and 684 to Hutchinson. Pretty decent drive.
      I never went that way. I don't know if it even existed when I was at RPI.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The only thing that's close is the commuter pass (at least along the mainline) that allows a certain number of miles for free depending on your typical work commute. I know one person who lives around Auburn that is allowed 25 miles for free. I'm not sure about those that commute from Rochester, though.

EDIT: Here's the details. It's 30 miles for free, ticketed mainline only: http://www.thruway.ny.gov/ezpass/discount.html
        Thanks for the info-wow has this all changed over the years.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Thanks for the info-wow has this all changed over the years.
          That's what she said.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            That's what she said.
            You just said a mouthful-I have no idea why she has stuck it out.

Edit: Although jewelry and furs can be quite an incentive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              I never went that way. I don't know if it even existed when I was at RPI.
              Considering the Interstate Highway System was in the process of being built, it's very possible that it wasn't. You probably would have had to use US 6 to NY 22.

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really live the overtone parts that some of the trumpeters are doing. It sounds a lot nicer when they stick to the main melody, minus the times when they truly don't have that.

Comment

For those who can get NBC sports on cable-starting now is Yale/Cornell. I love when they give us some ECAC hockey

Comment

For those who can get NBC sports on cable-starting now is Yale/Cornell. I love when they give us some ivy league hockey
                    FYP. They would NEVER show half the ECAC if it didn't involve the ivies.

Comment

For absolute certain. Cornell, Yale and Harvard get the exposure. Good game so far with Cornell up 1-0. Baker as one of the refs has already lost control of this one.

Edit: They just did a bit on the injured player after being hit in the RPI game.

Comment

Just so you know, Brown-Colgate is on Time Warner....
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

For absolute certain. Cornell, Yale and Harvard get the exposure. Good game so far with Cornell up 1-0. Baker as one of the refs has already lost control of this one.

Edit: They just did a bit on the injured player after being hit in the RPI game.
                          how about when the announcers called out the Cornell player for DIVING of course, he was nice about it & said, "embellishment".
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Wins by Ferris St over ND and Minn St over Minn have made RPI a TUC as of this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              Wins by Ferris St over ND and Minn St over Minn have made RPI a TUC as of this moment.
                              Let's keep it that way.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For those who can get NBC sports on cable-starting now is Yale/Cornell. I love when they give us some ECAC hockey
                                Thought that it was only RPI that got screwed by the officials against Cornell. But I watched last nights game and found that Yale had to beat Cornell and the officials to come away with a win.
                                Does the whole league have to put up with this garbage in Ithica?
                                What I learned watching this game is that I hate Cornell hockey more than any other program out there. They are nothing but a bunch of bullies.
                                Reminded me of the Flyers of the 70s. Too bad, they seem to have some talent, but it is hard to see through the BS.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X