X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    That would indeed bypass NYC, but unless you were going to hit NYC in rush hour, I doubt that it would save time.
    You do understand you're trying to argue time with someone who intentionally avoids the thruway when going to Troy, yes?

Comment

Merriam gets start I think
      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
        Bennett before today's practice: "I don't think we've dominated them [RPI]. I think we've had a lot of puck luck. I think we've had some fortunate bounces, too. It's just kind of gone our way. I expect a team that's ready to play. "

http://kiwi6.com/file/45q0etrynb
        Ya and tons of bs penalties and hicks screw job
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
          Ya and tons of bs penalties and hicks screw job
          Which Hicks screwjob?

Comment

RPI's game notes: http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...UC.pdf?id=1440

No mention of the mice.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              You do understand you're trying to argue time with someone who intentionally avoids the thruway when going to Troy, yes?
              I drove to Troy from NYC via the Taconic much more often than via the Thruway. It was both faster and cheaper unless, especially after Hawthorne Circle was eliminated..
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                RPI's game notes: http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...UC.pdf?id=1440

No mention of the mice.
                I see in the game notes that in the event of OT; 5min. of 5X5 followed by a shoot-out if still tied. Never mind....bit of brain freeze there. Have to have a winner.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                  I see in the game notes that in the event of OT; 5min. of 5X5 followed by a shoot-out if still tied. Never mind....bit of brain freeze there. Have to have a winner.
                  See post #425.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I drove to Troy from NYC via the Taconic much more often than via the Thruway. It was both faster and cheaper unless, especially after Hawthorne Circle was eliminated..
                    I did the same-I loved the scenic beauty of driving the Taconic and the savings from not paying the Thruway tolls. But way back then-I was able to purchase for $40 per year a special NY Thruway plate that allowed you to pay no tolls all year. I am sure there is no such bargain offered these days. The only problem with taking the Taconic route was in snowy weather. The road can be one of the toughest to drive in bad weather.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I assume that one avoids PA, but you have to either go through NYC or bypass it at the Tappan Zee Bridge. Either can add to the trip. Google maps suggests the GWB.
                      In traveling around Princeton you of course avoid PA-but you cannot avoid the PA drivers who come across the state border and 'attempt' to drive. Jen and i spent this past wednesday in PA-New Hope/Lahaska area-I find it a whole lot easier to let her do all the driving. Sitting in the passenger seat allows me to curse a whole lot less.

Comment

Be nice, Dr. D.

You may have to deal with a lot more PA drivers if RPI plays at Pegula Arena in future years.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                          Be nice, Dr. D.

You may have to deal with a lot more PA drivers if RPI plays at Pegula Arena in future years.
                          Hoping we do play there! I'll just let Jenny drive and I'll carry a 12 gauge in the car just in case.

Edit: Jen's grandmther used to live in Catawissa PA and we used to drive out therre frequently. We loved taking all the back roads and it was wonderful. The bad part is the suburban Philly areas and of course much of what is close to the NJ border. All of NJ is tough and part of what we call the Rude Corrider-which extends from above Boston along the coast down to Richmond.
                          Last edited by DrDemento; 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

I've taken the Taconic to NYC, although I would also grab 84 and 684 to Hutchinson. Pretty decent drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              Be nice, Dr. D.

I had to drive through PA to get to Princeton. They CANNOT drive. AT ALL. I'm ALMOST considering taking 17 to 287 next time.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                I did the same-I loved the scenic beauty of driving the Taconic and the savings from not paying the Thruway tolls. But way back then-I was able to purchase for $40 per year a special NY Thruway plate that allowed you to pay no tolls all year. I am sure there is no such bargain offered these days. The only problem with taking the Taconic route was in snowy weather. The road can be one of the toughest to drive in bad weather.
                                The only thing that's close is the commuter pass (at least along the mainline) that allows a certain number of miles for free depending on your typical work commute. I know one person who lives around Auburn that is allowed 25 miles for free. I'm not sure about those that commute from Rochester, though.

EDIT: Here's the details. It's 30 miles for free, ticketed mainline only: http://www.thruway.ny.gov/ezpass/discount.html
                                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X