X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    That sounds like a kind way of saying-"We've won most of the time lately and we want to continue doing so." Hockey players and coaches are gracious if nothing else-especially while they are out there beating your brains in and bashing you up against the boards.
    Bennett is the local king of coach-speak, even bettering our own great coach. Including calling Jooris' concussion an "upper-lower body injury..."

Buddy and I went over and watched U beat H on Tuesday night. They are playing much more like the U of old... I fully expect a 3 period banger. That said, if RPI continues to play like they have, I very much like our chances.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
      By the way, thanks to those who offered kind words on the Appert interview. Much appreciated.
      Keep it up. We expect more of that quality.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

ya know....I just noticed that on my Tix for the Sat. tilt it says it's a 7pm start, everywhere else I see 7:30. I'll have to double-check w/the Box Office tomorrow.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          ya know....I just noticed that on my Tix for the Sat. tilt it says it's a 7pm start, everywhere else I see 7:30. I'll have to double-check w/the Box Office tomorrow.
          RPI & UNion sites say 7:30

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Buddy and I went over and watched U beat H on Tuesday night. They are playing much more like the U of old... I fully expect a 3 period banger. That said, if RPI continues to play like they have, I very much like our chances.
            The Union of old is a 12th place team. How often does that have to be posted?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Keep it up. We expect more of that quality.
              Planning on capturing some postgame remarks from both sides on Saturday night. Hope to post a few hours after the game.

Comment

Bennett is the local king of coach-speak, even bettering our own great coach. Including calling Jooris' concussion an "upper-lower body injury..."

The way the season has progressed, the two most difficult road trips in the ECAC have to now be Q/P and R/U. I would also think that physically-the Captial District trip has to be the more demanding. Both Union and RPI just have 18 players who take the body. Saturday i am just hoping for us to play well, give as much ice time to those who have not played in the league games, and most importantly-come out unscathed. It is just too late in the season to experience any sort of injury and a game without importance in the standings to take great risk. I never like to lose-ever. In fact i do not like even winning some times. I strive to win big-to beat a team so they keep it in their mind for the next game that we really beat them at all aspects of the game. But honestly, this is one i could care less about the win/loss. Just want us to play well and demonstrate to the opponent that we will not be pushed around. Just my 2¢ as usual. Go Red!!!
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

The way the season has progressed, the two most difficult road trips in the ECAC have to now be Q/P and R/U. I would also think that physically-the Captial District trip has to be the more demanding. Both Union and RPI just have 18 players who take the body. Saturday i am just hoping for us to play well, give as much ice time to those who have not played in the league games, and most importantly-come out unscathed. It is just too late in the season to experience any sort of injury and a game without importance in the standings to take great risk. I never like to lose-ever. In fact i do not like even winning some times. I strive to win big-to beat a team so they keep it in their mind for the next game that we really beat them at all aspects of the game. But honestly, this is one i could care less about the win/loss. Just want us to play well and demonstrate to the opponent that we will not be pushed around. Just my 2¢ as usual. Go Red!!!
                  I agree that Q/P and R/U are currently the most demanding ECAC road trips, but I think that Q/P is harder especially when one factors in the travel between the two sites. (Unless there is traffic jam in Latham. )
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-25-2013, 07:21 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Buddy and I went over and watched U beat H on Tuesday night. They are playing much more like the U of old...
                    Excellent. I love the U of old.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I really think that we have to play hard for 60/65 minutes this week. The last thing we need is a blow out getting in the way of the momentum we have been building.
                      This team is not mature enough to turn it on and off anytime they want.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Ed Weaver on Saturday's game http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I agree that Q/P and R/U are currently the most demanding ECAC road trips, but I think that Q/P is harder especially when one factors in the travel between the two sites. (Unless there is traffic jam in Latham. )
                          Agree-if you have to factor in the travel. Having been to Baker Rink about 75 times over the years, we have never found driving around that area a picnic. They have been doing construction on Rout 1 in that area for the past 30 years-and of course you have to deal with New Jersey and Pennsylvania drivers who are not only horrible and do not follow the rules of the road, but are about the rudest people on earth.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Agree-if you have to factor in the travel. Having been to Baker Rink about 75 times over the years, we have never found driving around that area a picnic. They have been doing construction on Rout 1 in that area for the past 30 years-and of course you have to deal with New Jersey and Pennsylvania drivers who are not only horrible and do not follow the rules of the road, but are about the rudest people on earth.
                            I assume that one avoids PA, but you have to either go through NYC or bypass it at the Tappan Zee Bridge. Either can add to the trip. Google maps suggests the GWB.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I assume that one avoids PA, but you have to either go through NYC or bypass it at the Tappan Zee Bridge. Either can add to the trip. Google maps suggests the GWB.
                              If you're going between Princeton and Q-Pac, sure. I would almost consider taking a few state highways (like CT 15 to CT 34) to Sandy Hook, and then I-84 over to where US 6 breaks off (or possibly I-684 down to US 202) and cross at Peekskill. Then take 287 around.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                If you're going between Princeton and Q-Pac, sure. I would almost consider taking a few state highways (like CT 15 to CT 34) to Sandy Hook, and then I-84 over to where US 6 breaks off (or possibly I-684 down to US 202) and cross at Peekskill. Then take 287 around.
                                That would indeed bypass NYC, but unless you were going to hit NYC in rush hour, I doubt that it would save time.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X