X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    RB: Thanks - I do not see that anywhere on the Men's Hockey site....
    Hopefully they didn't take it down because we started whining about the refs...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      My visceral reaction would lead me to believe that when classes are once again in session, we will see timely updates.
      That would be understandable/acceptable if not for the fact that there's a fully staffed and salaried Athletic Dept., with SID, Marketing and Hockey Operations personnel. Fail.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I am almost positive that the Duluth game was not broadcast on ESPN the day of the game. It was broadcast in the morning or the early afternoon of the next day without part of one of the overtime periods. That is what is on my Betamax tape. That tape was transferred by a friend to mine to two DVDs but is missing the winning goal. The beginning of the last overtime is there. My (former) friend claims that it wasn't on the tape either.
        Ralph: When we got back from Detroit-I received 2 separate Betamax tapes. One from a friend who is long since gone-having the entire game without any part missing. The other tape that someone else recorded, which i thought was identical, is not. It is mising a good part (perhaps 10 minutes or more) of action from either the over times. i wasn't home to know when the games were broadcast and only found out monthes later when we watched them that they were different. I was told that the Friday night game was broadcast in it's entirety later that evening (11PM or later EST) and that the second tape was a rebroadcast (and obviously cut to fit into a shorter time slot) on Saturday sometime during the morning or afternoon before the Saturday evening final game. I do not recall if all the games were carried on ESPN or if there was even an ESPN2 or some other channel that carried the semifinals. It certainly would be nice to be able to order a complete DVD of that game.

Edit: I am not sure too many posters remember Betamax.
        Last edited by DrDemento; 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Ralph: When we got back from Detroit-I received 2 separate Betamax tapes. One from a friend who is long since gone-having the entire game without any part missing. The other tape that someone else recorded, which i thought was identical, is not. It is mising a good part (perhaps 10 minutes or more) of action from either the over times. i wasn't home to know when the games were broadcast and only found out monthes later when we watched them that they were different. I was told that the Friday night game was broadcast in it's entirety later that evening (11PM or later EST) and that the second tape was a rebroadcast (and obviously cut to fit into a shorter time slot) on Saturday sometime during the morning or afternoon before the Saturday evening final game. I do not recall if all the games were carried on ESPN or if there was even an ESPN2 or some other channel that carried the semifinals. It certainly would be nice to be able to order a complete DVD of that game.
          Sounds like its time to get that video transfer completed DOc, before the last Beta machine burns up. I suspect that a few here (myslelf included) would be interested in a copy on CD.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I don't think ESPN2 came around until the mid-90's.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              I don't think ESPN2 came around until the mid-90's.
              That is what i recall. So i just assume it was all on ESPN unless some other channel carried some games.

Comment

That is what i recall. So i just assume it was all on ESPN unless some other channel carried some games.
                The games were all on ESPN. As FD said that was the only ESPN back then.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Sounds like its time to get that video transfer completed DOc, before the last Beta machine burns up. I suspect that a few here (myslelf included) would be interested in a copy on CD.
                  Buried somewhere we have Beta machines-at least 3 or 4 Sony's and a couple of Toshiba's and even a Zenith. I actually still have an origianl Sony 3/4 inch machine called a U-Matic. I guess i was really into the taping of stuff back in the early 80's.

Comment

The games were all on ESPN. As FD said that was the only ESPN back then.
                    Yes, they were. If I remember correctly, I think they didn't show the game live because ESPN was showing a men's NCAA regional basketball game that night (or might have even been the Final Four semis). It was shown at 11 AM that morning (cutting out part of the first overtime). I still have the game on VHS along with the championship game on the same tape and it does have Carter's GW Overtime goal! Think I'm going to have to get it transferred to CD soon.
                    Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 01-11-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                      Yes, they were. If I remember correctly, I think they didn't show the game live because ESPN was showing a men's NCAA regional basketball game that night (or might have even been the Final Four semis). It was shown at 11 AM that morning (cutting out part of the first overtime). I still have the game on VHS along with the championship game on the same tape and it does have Carter's GW Overtime goal! Think I'm going to have to get it transferred to CD soon.
                      Some forget that back then there was a consolation game played. Jenny and i sat through a good part of the UMD-BC game which was high scoring also and i believe went into overtime before UMD won.

Comment

I miss redhead18.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          I miss redhead18.
                          As do I.

Comment

Some forget that back then there was a consolation game played. Jenny and i sat through a good part of the UMD-BC game which was high scoring also and i believe went into overtime before UMD won.
                            Yes, it did go to OT before UMD won.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yes, it did go to OT before UMD won.
                              I wasn't sure and was way too lazy to look for it on the web. I know we sat with fans from UMD and they were about as nice as any I have ever met.

Comment

I wasn't sure and was way too lazy to look for it on the web. I know we sat with fans from UMD and they were about as nice as any I have ever met.
                                I agree 100% about the UMD fans. I remember rooting for UMD in the consolation game and told them even before the Providence game that the Friday night game was the national title game as far as I was concerned.

Do you remember the crowd at the Championship game? We had the UMD fans rooting for us, we had the BC fans rooting for us because most of them hated Providence, and there were a lot of Michigan State fans there because they thought the Spartans were going to be there. I'll never forget when Swarm came out on the ice waiving the MSU flag, we had their fans also. Never heard Let's Go Red said so loud in my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X