X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Genuinely feel sorry for that happening. I don't ever want any player form any team hurt. (can't say that about a few coaches and officials though) The penalty was definitely deserved as we have all discussed. This is why the NCAA has made these kinds of checks a focal point. One can only hope the boy is OK and this is a non-displaced minor fracture of a spinous process posterior to a cervical vertebrae. These injuries can be very minor-with full recovery-or they can be impossibly tricky with poor prognosis. (think Christopher Reeve) Certainly any neurologic sequellae will be well known by now and all precautions taken. Wish him a speedy and full recovery.
    Thanks Doc, always glad to hear a medical opinion on such injuries. My question is, how serious could it have been if he was hit again after returning to the ice?
    It seems to me that they Cornell coaching staff was very negligent in putting him back in the game.
    This should be a wake up call for all of college hockey to take precautions when a player is injured in a game.
    At the very least a quick examination of the player before sending him back out on the ice.
    Is there any protocol in place for this?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I would think that the QPac win would help us a bit. To first order, it should help things when teams we played do well. We should also have benefitted from Union beating Harvard since we played Union twice and Harvard only once. Also Sacred Heart lost on Sunday which should have had a small negative effect. I didn't check the RatingsPI after Sunday.

Anyway beating Union will be more important.
      Saw the U - H game last night...including golden boy Vesey going goon squad on U kid in the final minute +. Also saw some very familiar faces there...nuff said
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        As I expected, the QPac win pulled our RatingsPI down (granted one ten-thousandth of a point, but given where we are, it's quite important).
        Really. The drop of our RPI one ten-thousandth of a point, in January, when we aren't even a TUC, when we're not even a .500 team, is important. OK.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          Really. The drop of our RPI one ten-thousandth of a point, in January, when we aren't even a TUC, when we're not even a .500 team, is important. OK.
          You wanted on-topic posts? You got 'em, and everything that goes with 'em.

Comment

You wanted on-topic posts? You got 'em, and everything that goes with 'em.
            Who said I cared about on-topic posts? I much prefer sane posts.

Comment

Amen.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Not going to like this article. HFH rated # 5 in top rinks in NY and NJ. Lynah #1
                http://www.nyhockeyjournal.com/news/...ckey_rinks.php
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                  Not going to like this article. HFH rated # 5 in top rinks in NY and NJ. Lynah #1
                  How does salt shed rate over Hobey Baker arena? Travesty!!!!
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

You're a week or two late to the party.

Comment

How does salt shed rate over Hobey Baker arena? Travesty!!!!
                      The mere inclusion of the salt shed on that list renders the whole thing moot. No Oswego or Plattsburgh on that list? What a joke.

Comment

Who said I cared about on-topic posts?
                        You did, on the RPI/SCSU weekend thread.

Comment

You did, on the RPI/SCSU weekend thread.
                          Oh FFS.

Comment

Link to the article about C. J. Lee and some athletes which appeared in the RPI alumni magazine http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...123132811.aspx. It had been mentioned here before, but I don't think that a link was provided.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hate to hear about the Cornell player injury, but one has to think that Greg Burgdoerfer will now be watched like a hawk by the league and officials whenever he steps on the ice for the rest of the season. Also, I will be interested to see if his style of play changes at all the rest of the year.
                              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                                Hate to hear about the Cornell player injury, but one has to think that Greg Burgdoerfer will now be watched like a hawk by the league and officials whenever he steps on the ice for the rest of the season. Also, I will be interested to see if his style of play changes at all the rest of the year.
                                With the reputation his brother brought, you didn't think they were doing that already? Maybe he was just being "the good twin" for a little while...

Comment

Working...
                                X