X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    anyone notice that Senna's son won the chuck-a-puck again! That's 5 times for the kid. I'ld say conspiracy here but I've actually noticed 3 of his wins....now I watch.
    What a riot - I had no idea that anyone was paying any attention. I was at my younger guys high school hockey game (which have caused me to miss way to many RPI games), and in the middle of the game my wife just starts laughing.....she got a text for the oldest and all it said was "5 for 11 !!". He's still trying to sell me the gift certificates at face value too, but I'm not buying yet. Thanks for the shout out Turk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      If he has such accuracy shooting with a stick, we should recruit him.
      I wish I could get some scholarship money for his "talent"....

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
        I wish I could get some scholarship money for his "talent"....
        Think we could take him to Cheel to win their Chuck a Puck contest, which is 50/50? I promise not to make him spend the prize on bail.

Comment

was kind of expecting this........Kazzy named ECAC Rookie of the Week (should've been Goalie also) http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2012-1...rds_012213.pdf.......how about stopping 66 of 69 against 2 nationally ranked teams
          Last edited by turk181; 01-22-2013, 10:47 AM.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

was kind of expecting this........Kazzy named ECAC Rookie of the Week (should've been Goalie also) http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2012-1...rds_012213.pdf.......how about stopping 66 of 69 against 2 nationally ranked teams
            Perhaps the league felt another goalie deserved goalie of the week (wouldn't surprise me, as another team went on a 4-point tear)... and considering Malcolm did get a shutout with two of those four points, deservedly so.
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-22-2013, 10:55 AM.

Comment

FWIW, Mr. Schott has given Kazzy RotW as well, but also GotW. He also names us as the team of the week.

http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...andom-thought/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                FWIW, Mr. Schott has given Kazzy RotW as well, but also GotW. He also names us as the team of the week.

At least we earned some sort of Schott Hat Trick.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  I would agree that Princeton's goalies stood on their heads in the games of Jan. 11-12, but Mike Condon was the one who faced RPI. Sean Bonar played against Union on Friday night.
                  Thanks for the correction Waite -- Condon's GAA is even higher!
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

In the past we were his team of the weak.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

yikes....just heard on NHL Live that Cole Bardreau (Cornell) had actually fractured a bone in his neck on that check by Burg, he'll be out for the rest of the year.
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

yikes....just heard on NHL Live that Cole Bardreau (Cornell) had actually fractured a bone in his neck on that check by Burg, he'll be out for the rest of the year.
                        Genuinely feel sorry for that happening. I don't ever want any player form any team hurt. (can't say that about a few coaches and officials though) The penalty was definitely deserved as we have all discussed. This is why the NCAA has made these kinds of checks a focal point. One can only hope the boy is OK and this is a non-displaced minor fracture of a spinous process posterior to a cervical vertebrae. These injuries can be very minor-with full recovery-or they can be impossibly tricky with poor prognosis. (think Christopher Reeve) Certainly any neurologic sequellae will be well known by now and all precautions taken. Wish him a speedy and full recovery.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Thanks for the correction Waite -- Condon's GAA is even higher!
                          Condon's overall GAA may be higher, but he has had RPI's number when he's faced them. In three career starts against the Engineers, he is 2-0-1, with a GAA of 1.62 and a save percentage of .944.

I know the postseason is a long way off, but Condon is not high on my list of goalies I want to see in the opposing net at playoff time.

Comment

Thread on eLynah http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,182844.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As I expected, the QPac win pulled our RatingsPI down (granted one ten-thousandth of a point, but given where we are, it's quite important). The most important thing, at this point, is to get the W against Union to help it out.

Comment

As I expected, the QPac win pulled our RatingsPI down (granted one ten-thousandth of a point, but given where we are, it's quite important). The most important thing, at this point, is to get the W against Union to help it out.
                                I would think that the QPac win would help us a bit. To first order, it should help things when teams we played do well. We should also have benefitted from Union beating Harvard since we played Union twice and Harvard only once. Also Sacred Heart lost on Sunday which should have had a small negative effect. I didn't check the RatingsPI after Sunday.

Anyway beating Union will be more important.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X