Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UAA @ Minnesota : 1/11/13 and 1/12/13

Originally posted by Suze View Post
    But here we have Gopher fans actually stating the CFB was a bad call.
    Then they are wrong or just trying to "play" nice, either way it was a textbook cfb.

Comment

Helgeson's elbow probably should have been a 5 minute. When watching on tv it didn't even look like a penalty in normal speed. It wasn't until it was in slow motion where you saw the evidence that it should have been a 5. Maybe that's why he didn't get the major. It didn't look that severe until the replay. I'm not defending the ref here, I'm only offering an explanation.

The CFB call I believe could have gone either way. Budish turned his back at the last second. Generally, you'll see a 2 minute bording call in similar situations but not the major. It looked to me like the UAA player finished his check like he was trying to check him through the boards. That may have been why he got the major. Again, I think that could have been called either way. At least a minor but I also believe its tough to argue with the major the way the check was finished. That being said, I would only have argued if they called nothing.
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Ski yo momma!
      Originally Asked by Grant Potulny (After noticing an autograph seeker was wearing SCSU colors.)
      Who do you cheer for in the post season?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        Then they are wrong or just trying to "play" nice, either way it was a textbook cfb.
        I don't think it was. Budish turned right before he was hit. One of those weird gray areas. I have seen worse called a minor, and less called a major. Hooray consistency.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by skiumah2 View Post
          Helgeson's elbow probably should have been a 5 minute. When watching on tv it didn't even look like a penalty in normal speed. It wasn't until it was in slow motion where you saw the evidence that it should have been a 5. Maybe that's why he didn't get the major. It didn't look that severe until the replay. I'm not defending the ref here, I'm only offering an explanation.

The CFB call I believe could have gone either way. Budish turned his back at the last second. Generally, you'll see a 2 minute bording call in similar situations but not the major. It looked to me like the UAA player finished his check like he was trying to check him through the boards. That may have been why he got the major. Again, I think that could have been called either way. At least a minor but I also believe its tough to argue with the major the way the check was finished. That being said, I would only have argued if they called nothing.
          It looked to me, after watching it several times, that Currier didn't even hit Budish full on, he kind of brushed him out and hit him on his side, and Budish hit the boards. Either way, it's water under the bridge and I am still proud of the effort my team showed tonight.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            I can't think of one instance this entire season where a UAA fan has said that was the case. But here we have Gopher fans actually stating the CFB was a bad call.
            "Bad call" =/= "Referee conspiracy."

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              It was pretty obvious during the replays shown during the game. I think Helgeson didn't get 5 is due to the angle the ref had. He could see the elbow come up, but I think Helgeson's body was in the way to actually see where he made contact.
              That's the only angle BTN showed. You can see the official in front of the camera. If he did get him in the head, it is the second refs job to catch it. That's why there are two now, after all.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                It was pretty obvious during the replays shown during the game. I think Helgeson didn't get 5 is due to the angle the ref had. He could see the elbow come up, but I think Helgeson's body was in the way to actually see where he made contact.
                And the other ref ... what was his angle? It isn't like there's two referees for a reason or anything. Giving the ref that called it a pass for his angle is reasonable ... why the other ref didn't chime in is enough reason to sit him. Both of these refs should be barred from Saturday night's game.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  That's the only angle BTN showed. You can see the official in front of the camera. If he did get him in the head, it is the second refs job to catch it. That's why there are two now, after all.
                  St. Clown didn't make it clear enough. There is NO DOUBT that hegelgoonson contacted the UAA players head with enough force to snap it. You easily saw that on the two or three replays even though the camera angle was in the same position as the referee.

Comment

Originally posted by Armadillo View Post
                    "Bad call" =/= "Referee conspiracy."
                    Try reading what I wrote, geepers.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The Gophers were major beneficiaries of both NON-CALLS and CALLS throughout the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        I don't think it was. Budish turned right before he was hit. One of those weird gray areas. I have seen worse called a minor, and less called a major. Hooray consistency.
                        I understand that the refs screw up and sometimes only call it a 2 (they are wrong), but if they are truly following the rulebook then it should be a cfb 5 min. I was just laughing that UAA fans just can't believe that would even be thought of as a penalty let alone a 5, lol on that.

And again, kill off the 5 and win the game. simple.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          St. Clown didn't make it clear enough. There is NO DOUBT that hegelgoonson contacted the UAA players head with enough force to snap it. You easily saw that on the two or three replays even though the camera angle was in the same position as the referee.
                          It was kinda scary watching his head snap back, and they should have been able to see that. Hopefully he won't wake up tomorrow with whiplash.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                            I understand that the refs screw up and sometimes only call it a 2 (they are wrong), but if they are truly following the rulebook then it should be a cfb 5 min. I was just laughing that UAA fans just can't believe that would even be thought of as a penalty let alone a 5, lol on that.

Watch it again tomorrow. Currier barely contacted him.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                              Watch it again tomorrow. Currier barely contacted him.
                              I will

On another note, I'm sure the refs got an earful from Shyiak and will be looking for any reason to call a 5 on the Gophers tomorrow night, that's how it usually works.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

I said "I think the call was questionable. 2 minutes, sure, but not a 5." So which fan's are you talking about. Seriously, you need to take a class in reading comprehension.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X