Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami @ NMU: One Last Time Over the Bridge....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami @ NMU: One Last Time Over the Bridge....

Cats swept the "Like Minded" Saint Cloud State last weekend...
    Miami beat tOSU then lost to Bobby Mo just before New Years...

Hoping last weekend was a sign of things to come for the Cats, but still treading cautiously with that...

Discuss
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: Miami @ NMU: One Last Time Over the Bridge....

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Cats swept the "Like Minded" Saint Cloud State last weekend...
    Miami beat tOSU then lost to Bobby Mo just before New Years...

Hoping last weekend was a sign of things to come for the Cats, but still treading cautiously with that...

Discuss
    Miami was also without Barber and Kuraly for that tourney as they were preparing to win a Gold Medal at the World Juniors
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Think Rico should travel thru Chicago and avoid the Big Mac on the way up. Just sayin! lol

Comment

If NMU takes this series I expect to see them back in the USCHO poll. If that happens or not we shall see. Can they do it, absolutely. Keys for NMU will be keeping their penalties down and applying a lot of offensive pressure.
        Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
          If NMU takes this series I expect to see them back in the USCHO poll. If that happens or not we shall see. Can they do it, absolutely. Keys for NMU will be keeping their penalties down and applying a lot of offensive pressure.
          Sheesh, they are probably wishing they had moved to the WCHA this season. 6-1-0 against WCHA teams? Only one of those games in their own building?
          Last edited by Red Cows; 01-09-2013, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            Miami was also without Barber and Kuraly for that tourney as they were preparing to win a Gold Medal at the World Juniors
            To be fair, Miami stopped scoring goals long before that. #defensewinschampionships?

Comment

Originally posted by MOJO View Post
              Think Rico should travel thru Chicago and avoid the Big Mac on the way up. Just sayin! lol
              If they go over any bridge, it will be about 20,000 feet over. They're flying up on Thursday.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

TtT!

Comment

Excellent game to watch tonight, and what an effort by NMU and Coreau! Maybe the best game they've played all year.

Hopefully they keep it up tomorrow night.
                  Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
                  M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Nice win! Coreau is really playing well. Great job by Nowick tonight.

Right, hopefully they can keep the momentum going...
                    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Cardiac Cats hang on! What a good game to listen to. Very nervous with the SOG that got through to Coreau, and the rebounds... but we're getting the luck we need now.

And yes, hopefully this momentum can continue!
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Way to go Cats! Do it again tomorrow night!
                        Go Cats!

Comment

Thank you, Jared! Gutty performance by the guys last nite. Miami is scary good and will be flying tonight.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

I like what I've seen in 2013 thus far... I think tonight we'll get a very good look at what we've got for the 2nd half... Let's see that the level of play is a trend and not an anomaly...

Also, is anyone else getting concerned with the amount of time Coreau is seeing this season.... He currently leads the nation in minutes played by a decent margin... Not saying that he doesn't deserve it, but I just find it odd that Doan hasn't gotten at least a few starts thus far... Any particular reason?

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              I like what I've seen in 2013 thus far... I think tonight we'll get a very good look at what we've got for the 2nd half... Let's see that the level of play is a trend and not an anomaly...

Also, is anyone else getting concerned with the amount of time Coreau is seeing this season.... He currently leads the nation in minutes played by a decent margin... Not saying that he doesn't deserve it, but I just find it odd that Doan hasn't gotten at least a few starts thus far... Any particular reason?
                              Listening to Walt on various occasions it's been a matter of performance at practice for Doan. A couple of weeks ago he indicated that Doan has earned a starting shot through his strong relief efforts and improved practice. Last week he hinted at starting him once at St. Cloud. But with the chance of a rare road sweep I think he stuck with Coreau. It turned out to be a good decision.

It should prove interesting as to when he decides to start Doan going forward. Every league point is important right now and Jared has been solid. At the same time you don't want to wear him out. Coreau might be able to handle it though.

Comment

Working...
                              X