CC @ UND Jan 11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC @ UND Jan 11-12

CC is 1-6-1 in their last 8 contests with the last win being against UND. The Hostile and Abusives are 6-1-1 in their last 8 contests amd seem to have begun the second half surge they are known for couple that with the return of Michael Parks and Rocco Grimaldi this weekend looks like uphill sledding for CC.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Re: CC @ UND Jan 11-12

North Dakota should sweep this series. Then again, they should have swept CC down in the Springs and barely managed a split. I'm very much looking forward to seeing our lineup, and seeing how Grimaldi looks after the World Juniors. North Dakota looked like the best team in hockey on Friday against Holy Cross, and followed it up with a disappointing start to the Saturday game. Hopefully Hakstol has his team focused for CC, and they don't keep looking forward to the SCSU series in a couple weeks.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Rocco needs to smote Rylan Schwartz and UND will destroy the Buffaloes. Even if Schwartz isn't smoted, UND should still destroy.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

UND should sweep this series. CC can't play defense this season. Their offense has been good but I don't think it will be this weekend on the smaller sheet. UND will play physical making it hard for CC to generate much offense. UND 5-1 and 4-1 this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
          UND should sweep this series. CC can't play defense this season. Their offense has been good but I don't think it will be this weekend on the smaller sheet. UND will play physical making it hard for CC to generate much offense. UND 5-1 and 4-1 this weekend.
          Scotty O always gets his boys going for UND and I don't expect this weekend will be any different I'll call a tenatively sweep but I feel like its a stretch. This weekend is very important to UND with a chance to kick a team when they are down and get 4 points with UM, SCSU, WI, UNO, and DU being the next five weekends it's time to get points when they can especially from a struggling club.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
            I think CC will be utterly desperate. There is talent on this team and they can score. They are a team that you guys didn't seem to match-up too well against based on what happened earlier in the year, perhaps. I really think they are a better team than they have played/shown. Don't know what, exactly is wrong with them beyond the obvious, they can't stop anybody from scoring. No matter how it ends up this weekend, I bet they "show up to play". It's either that or their season will be absolutely toast. Might end up that way, anyway. If they get swept you can stick a fork in them.
            Last edited by Red Cows; 01-09-2013, 12:11 AM.

Comment

When was the last time the Sioux had their entire team healthy for a game? Last weekend they were but Rocco was at World Juniors. I smell a sweep but saturdays game will be a tight one with friday nights game a 3-4 goal win for the good guys.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Rocco needs to smote Rylan Schwartz and UND will destroy the Buffaloes. Even if Schwartz isn't smoted, UND should still destroy.
                'If a man wants to eat fried chicken, he's gotta get greasy.' - Kenny Rogers

Fighting Sioux Hockey: Highest NCAA Playoff Winning Percentage

There's no more pompous group of sports fans in the Twin Cities than hardcore followers of Gophers men's hockey. That makes it quite entertaining to see them in full pout after an unexpected elimination from the NCAA tournament. - Reusse

Comment

Lot of interest in this series. Well maybe not.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                    Lot of interest in this series. Well maybe not.
                    True. That being said, I always like when we play CC. The games are usually exciting, and well played. CC usually plays a pretty clean game too. Anyway, I think UND should sweep this series, but obviously anything can and probably will happen. I'm mostly looking forward to seeing how our lines work, and to see if Parks can continue to improve and become the Brock Nelson of that top line that we've been looking for all season.
                    North Dakota

Comment

CC has a strong senior class and in their last visit to REA scored 9 goals on the weekend. Rylan Schwartz had six of them. Last four meetings are 3 one-goal victories for UND and a two-goal win for CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Back check View Post
                        CC has a strong senior class and in their last visit to REA scored 9 goals on the weekend. Rylan Schwartz had six of them. Last four meetings are 3 one-goal victories for UND and a two-goal win for CC.
                        I think you can throw the last four meetings out the door for this series. Also, in their last visit to REA, CC was swept by a struggling Sioux team.

I wouldn't be surprised by close games, especially if CC is getting good goalie play. However, after last weekend, I wouldn't be surprised if North Dakota won handily.
                        North Dakota

Comment

UND should have swept the Buffaloes in Boulder earlier this year. If CC goaltending doesn't match what they did in the last meetings, UND will steamroll. Even if there is a repeat performance by the Buffaloes netminders, UND should steamroll.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            I think CC will be utterly desperate. There is talent on this team and they can score. They are a team that you guys didn't seem to match-up too well against based on what happened earlier in the year, perhaps. I really think they are a better team than they have played/shown. Don't know what, exactly is wrong with them beyond the obvious, they can't stop anybody from scoring. No matter how it ends up this weekend, I bet they "show up to play". It's either that or their season will be absolutely toast. Might end up that way, anyway. If they get swept you can stick a fork in them.
                            If they get swept this weekend I wouldn't say stick a fork in them. After this weekend their remaining schedule is very favorable. Duluth, SCSU, Mankato and DU at home. Anchorage, Tech and DU on the road. They might be able to make a run to at least get home ice for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              I actually think UND matched up with them very well. UND outshot CC by almost 20 each night. CC was just extremely, almost ridiculously, opportunistic, I can't see that happening again. If UND plays the same way they did in Colorado Springs, they should finish the weekend with two wins instead of almost getting swept.

Comment

Working...
                              X