Lowell @ UVM - Jan 11-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell @ UVM - Jan 11-12

Lowell is coming into this series winners of their last 5, including a 2 game sweep up at Clarkson this past weekend. UVM is 3-1-1 in their last 5 with their lone loss coming last weekend at home versus Merrimack. UVM is currently 3 points ahead of Lowell in the HE standings, but have their 10 points in 13 games where Lowell has 7 points from 10 games. If Lowell wants any sniff at home ice, 4 points is definitely a must this weekend, but UVM has played a lot better than I think followers of 9 of the 10 HE teams thought they would this year. I see two close games, but still think Lowell does come away with 2 Ws, 3-2, 3-1.

With all that said, screw UVM. Go Lowell! (This needs to get back to the epic threads of two years ago).

Re: Lowell @ UVM - Jan 11-12

Agree that UVM is much improved this year, but they really laid an egg against Merrimack, looking much more like the really bad teams of the last couple of seasons than this year's version. After that debacle, I really don't know what to expect this weekend, but I do think they'll come out fired up, wanting to prove that the Merrimack game was an aberration. I also think the Cats will come away with some points--I see this series as a split.

Comment

Of course, the question for UVM starts with health. Are any of the big guns coming back this weekend?

Lowell's question marks ... for now, don't include goaltending and defense. Those two have been very strong in this five game stretch, against dubious competition. If Lowell's offense (and specifically, the power play) starts getting going now, and add that to what's going on at the other end, Lowell fans might finally start seeing what they'd expected all year.

I expect both games to be hard fought, and while Lowell needs this weekend, it's not like it means nothing to UVM. I'd like to say Lowell takes 3 points (or sweeps), but I can see a split. I still don't trust UML right now.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I see a split occurring for this weekend, just look at these numbers!
        http://www.collegehockeynews.com/sch...pe.php?gid=743
        "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
        make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

I see anything less the 4 pts for UVM as inexcusable.

That said, this weekend is just a total crap shoot. Lowell is on a 5 game unbeaten streak but it's been against some really weak competition, games that they most definitely should have won. Still, it does breed confidence and I sincerely hope they come into the Gutt over confident. UVM is 4-2-1 in their last 7, that includes a win against #12 Union and a 4-2 loss at #10 Dartmouth where the Cats outplayed DC big time. The real problem is the loss to MC was terrible.

As such I see UVM coming out fired up, because I think they took MC too lightly after watching them struggle with the two teams UVM beat in the Catamount Cup. I also think UML is at a place where its too easy to get over confident.

All in all it should be a close weekend of games that are extremely important to both teams. A smart man would say this series ends with a 1-1-1 record for both teams.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
            With all that said, screw UVM. Go Lowell! (This needs to get back to the epic threads of two years ago).
            Some of the fair weather posers, I mean posters, need to come out of hiding...and of course both teams need to get better
            Originally posted by Hokydad
            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

We're hitting the no excuses portion of the schedule. Somehow we are in national contention. Given the way we've been that's a freaking gift. Do not turn up the opportunity because you won't keep it otherwise.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Excited for the weekend. Haven't been to the Gutt or Burlington itself in way too long. I'm guessing there won't be much of an issue getting tickets walk up for both games? Would love to see a Lowell sweep but in a season filled with uncertainties who knows.

Comment

Two easy wins for Lowell this weekend. I'm thinking Lowell wins 4-2 Friday and 6-0 Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                    Two easy wins for Lowell this weekend. I'm thinking Lowell wins 4-2 Friday and 6-0 Saturday.
                    Ok. When's the last time you actually saw them play?
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Thats alot of confidence for a team that has yet to beat a team that is currently above 500.

0-7 versus those above and 9-0-1 against those below. And the 1 tie was at home versus VT.
                      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

I agree with Gary. As much as I'd love to see this, there haven't been very many "easy" wins this year for Lowell.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

6-0 Saturday.
                          Yeah right. Feel free to chime in again when you're not high.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            Thats alot of confidence for a team that has yet to beat a team that is currently above 500.

0-7 versus those above and 9-0-1 against those below. And the 1 tie was at home versus VT.
                            Last time I checked.. hmm Vermont would be a team below .500.

That tie against UVM was the first game of the season.. I wouldn't be jumping for joy that you are the only non win UML has against sub .500 teams.

UML should win both.
                            UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                            2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                            2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                            https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post

So you're saying they're due?

Comment

Working...
                              X