Wisconsin at Minnesota State 1/11 and 1/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin at Minnesota State 1/11 and 1/12

Since the Mavericks swept the Badgers in Madison, both teams have gone 14-1-3. It'll be a different series.

If the Mavericks want to really compete for a top 4 spot, three is necessary and four would be huge at home.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: Wisconsin at Minnesota State 1/11 and 1/12

It's possible... I haven't looked, are the students back?
    R.I.P. Anthony Ford...

I officially hate Kevin Buisman

We cannot recommend him however, as a fantasy pick, unless of course you are related to him. (Fri. Dec 22, 2006)
    FOX SPORTS On David Backes
    WHAT!!!???!!?!?!!??

Comment

This is a huge series from a Wisconsin perspective. Can't settle for anything less than a split. That said, it's going to be tough against a very good Minnesota State team that has been hot.

Comment

Originally posted by bigclean View Post
        It's possible... I haven't looked, are the students back?
        I believe they start classes on Monday....ie they are getting back at the end of this week or during the weekend.
        Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
          I believe they start classes on Monday....ie they are getting back at the end of this week or during the weekend.
          This is correct.

It should be a very tight series. Looking forward to it.
          AF 99

Comment

Yes, students should be getting back into town over the weekend and looking for things to do. Classes start on Monday.
            My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

It's almost gameday. I'm excited to get back into conference play!
              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                It's almost gameday. I'm excited to get back into conference play!
                Enjoy the Cardinal and White for the last time in your building, at least for the regular season. A split is realistic for UW, but they really need to keep stepping it up and sweep. Not looking stats or anything, but UW probably has an advanatge in goal/defense, allowing 1.25 goals a game over their lats 8 games.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Enjoy the Cardinal and White for the last time in your building, at least for the regular season. A split is realistic for UW, but they really need to keep stepping it up and sweep. Not looking stats or anything, but UW probably has an advanatge in goal/defense, allowing 1.25 goals a game over their lats 8 games.
                  MSU is at 1.5 GAA in the last 10 (since the WI series). 8 of those goals were in the Omaha series.

Honestly (and this isn't meant as a dig towards WI), I don't think Wisconsin coming to Kato is that big of a loss from an anticipation/boost in attendance standpoint. From an excitement standpoint with fans, it's probably on the second tier of games with St. Cloud and Duluth behind MN and UND. I'm not saying that's my perspective, but the reality for the fan base in general.
                  Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

I doubt they have much of an advantage, if any defensively. Williams and this defense has been phenomenal.
                    Last edited by MavHockey14; 01-10-2013, 01:17 PM.
                    AF 99

Comment

When I was thinking about this series earlier this week, I was thinking Wisconsin is defense university but the Mavs have been playing some suffocating defense as of late and the offense for the Mavs is better than the badgers so I give the advantage to the Mavs. 6 goals to 4 for the weekend. That is my guess

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                        MSU is at 1.5 GAA in the last 10 (since the WI series). 8 of those goals were in the Omaha series.

Honestly (and this isn't meant as a dig towards WI), I don't think Wisconsin coming to Kato is that big of a loss from an anticipation/boost in attendance standpoint. From an excitement standpoint with fans, it's probably on the second tier of games with St. Cloud and Duluth behind MN and UND. I'm not saying that's my perspective, but the reality for the fan base in general.
                        I would agree. The really big crowds have always been for Gophers or Sioux. Bucky has always been mid-pack in that regard.

Apparently, Alvarez has made it clear that the Badgers will never schedule Mankato again. Fine. Screw him.
                        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/MHoi4.jpg

Comment

Alvarez won't schedule Badger vs Mavs because the Badgers are 6-11-3 all time in Mankato..

Nelson is out this weekend and next.. How much impact will that play on the weekend. Nelson soaks up some decent playing time that will have to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post

Apparently, Alvarez has made it clear that the Badgers will never schedule Mankato again. Fine. Screw him.

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/UncleBarry.jpg******

Comment

Working...
                              X