• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin at Minnesota State 1/11 and 1/12

Game time.

Go State!

Comment

Well, that wasn't good. In addition, that's the first time I've ever seen a goalie sent to the penalty box. I didn't even know that could happen.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
        Well, that wasn't good. In addition, that's the first time I've ever seen a goalie sent to the penalty box. I didn't even know that could happen.
        What the hell did he do?!?
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          What the hell did he do?!?
          Face mask.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Face mask.
            I'm sorry... I'm gonna need a lot more explanation than that.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

When a player grabs an opponents cage and rips his helmet off, it is usually a five minute major. Goalies have to serve those, unlike minor penalties.

Comment

There was a pileup of players into the crease and on top of the MSU goalie, Williams. Apparently, somewhere in there he grabbed somebody by the facemask, and when they unpiled everybody he was given a 5 minute face masking penalty. He had to go serve it himself, and a cold goalie had to come in and replace him.

Also, apparently because you can never have two goalies on the ice at the same time, someone else had to go in with him so they could come out and put the Mavs at full strength when the penalty expired. So, after the penalty had expired, but with Williams still in the box, a goal was scored. So I learned a couple of new things tonight. One, a goalie CAN get sent to the box himself, and two, somebody else has to sit with him as well.
                My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  When a player grabs an opponents cage and rips his helmet off, it is usually a five minute major. Goalies have to serve those, unlike minor penalties.
                  You suck at storytelling... your career as a Phone Sex Operator ended before it began.

Comment

There was a pileup of players into the crease and on top of the MSU goalie, Williams. Apparently, somewhere in there he grabbed somebody by the facemask, and when they unpiled everybody he was given a 5 minute face masking penalty. He had to go serve it himself, and a cold goalie had to come in and replace him.

Also, apparently because you can never have two goalies on the ice at the same time, someone else had to go in with him so they could come out and put the Mavs at full strength when the penalty expired. So, after the penalty had expired, but with Williams still in the box, a goal was scored. So I learned a couple of new things tonight. One, a goalie CAN get sent to the box himself, and two, somebody else has to sit with him as well.
                    Makes sense... you don't want Williams to have to then skate across the ice to get off do you? Or worse... skate to the goal and tell Cook to take a hike.

Comment

You suck at storytelling... your career as a Phone Sex Operator ended before it began.
                      I don't really see what has to be explained, I guess.

Comment

Makes sense... you don't want Williams to have to then skate across the ice to get off do you? Or worse... skate to the goal and tell Cook to take a hike.
                        He couldn't leave the box unless they pulled their replacement goalie before the penalty expired.

Edit: Even then, you would still end up with just four skaters on the ice.

Comment

Oh, yeah, it makes perfect sense, I just never thought about it before this happened. I've never seen a goalie get a major penalty before.

Comment

Oh, yeah, it makes perfect sense, I just never thought about it before this happened. I've never seen a goalie get a major penalty before.
                            Neither had Hastings or Eaves or anyone else in the building.

I honestly think common sense should have applied here. Williams was being bent over backwards in pain and was trying to make sure he didn't rip up his knee. Sure, give him a roughing penalty, but a 5 minute penalty for defending himself on his back attempting to not have a serious knee injury? That's crazy. The "by the book" mentality is especially strange since they completely overlooked Chase Grant getting his helmet ripped off earlier in the game.
                            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                              Neither had Hastings or Eaves or anyone else in the building.

I honestly think common sense should have applied here. Williams was being bent over backwards in pain and was trying to make sure he didn't rip up his knee. Sure, give him a roughing penalty, but a 5 minute penalty for defending himself on his back attempting to not have a serious knee injury? That's crazy. The "by the book" mentality is especially strange since they completely overlooked Chase Grant getting his helmet ripped off earlier in the game.
                              I had that thought too. Grant had a couple of times that he shot the puck and followed it to the net. The defender and he were pushing each time. The third or fourth time this scenario took place the defender attempted what looked like a headlock and took Grant's helmet off as they went into the boards --there was no call--.
                              If Williams play was instinct it makes sense. However he is an energetic young goalie that uses his stick a lot when the other team comes across the crease, talks to the refs about players in the crease every stoppage and talks to the other teams. He is a good player but his immaturity and style of play may have come to the mind of the refs when making the call. I wasn't close enough to see if it looked deliberate or not but when he went to the box I wasn't completely blown away.

Comment

Strange situation. So is there ever a scenario where goalies get kicked out of the game? Fighting?
                                Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                                Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Working...
                                X