New Hampshire vs. Boston College Fri Jan 11/Sat Jan 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire vs. Boston College Fri Jan 11/Sat Jan 12

The obvious marquee weekend of the season for Hockey East is near. Both teams looked unbeatable until early December and have each had a few hiccups the last month or so. I look forward to watching Friday's game on NESN and hopefully taking in Saturday's game up at the Lake. Cop out prediction, each team wins at home, but I wouldn't be surprised with any result. I'd be happy with 2 points this weekend.

Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College Fri Jan 11/Sat Jan 12

Marquee weekend thus far! I'll take the aim low, shoot high approach and say that I'd be happy with a point this weekend. No predictions, but a sweep would not be good on the heels of an up-and-down December. Especially After Dartmouth getting swept this weekend. Still a skeptic, but enjoying the results.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

I will miss all three regular season games UNH vs BC this season, but would be fine with a split this coming weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
        Marquee weekend thus far! I'll take the aim low, shoot high approach and say that I'd be happy with a point this weekend. No predictions, but a sweep would not be good on the heels of an up-and-down December. Especially After Dartmouth getting swept this weekend. Still a skeptic, but enjoying the results.
        I was surprised with Dartmouth getting swept then realized it was at Q in OT then at Princeton 2-1 in a game that Princeton won with 16 SOG's (35-16) but, yeah, that was not good, at least for BC it wasn't

Comment

I've been looking forward to this game for a while; it'll be the first game I've made it to in months. Will be watching the game on Friday in between sets at a gig.

Predictions: Flaming starts tomorrow
          Friday: 4-3 BC (OT)
          Saturday: 4-2 UNH (ENG)
          Sunday: Patriots 31, Texans 17
          I haven't been on here in a year...
          Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

No tv for Saturday correct?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
              No tv for Saturday correct?
              Unfortunately no, just unhwildcats.tv.
              Not sure how they decide what to puton WBIN/FOX College Sports, but can't figure out why this isn't one of them...

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                I've been looking forward to this game for a while; it'll be the first game I've made it to in months. Will be watching the game on Friday in between sets at a gig.

I'd be satisfied if your predictions hold up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Friday's game ends up being 5-2 BC (ENG.) I also suspect that, unless it ends in a tie, the flaming will begin after Friday's game -- especially if BC wins big. BC posters are typically the Molotov tossers, and as there seems to be some degree of discomfort among their lot, they may be choosing their words carefully, in case they have to eat them.
                We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
                ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
                --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

I don't think you'll see much flaming following a game in early January. Leave that to Gopher fans. If one of these teams takes three points, my money would be on BC, but a split seems most likely to me.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post

Sounds about right to me.

BC has hit it's typical mid-season slide and it will probably take a few more weeks to really get back on track, especially with Alber out and MacLeod just getting back.

Gaudreau's return will be big for this team and I expect the top two lines to start controlling games again. That guy left a big hole on the top line and it trickled down from there.

The ramaifications for PWR and HE standings should be more than enough to get the energy going after a long layoff and a weird trip to Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                      I'd be satisfied if your predictions hold up, but I wouldn't be surprised if Friday's game ends up being 5-2 BC (ENG.) I also suspect that, unless it ends in a tie, the flaming will begin after Friday's game -- especially if BC wins big. BC posters are typically the Molotov tossers, and as there seems to be some degree of discomfort among their lot, they may be choosing their words carefully, in case they have to eat them.
                      being a foodie i despise the taste of words hence no Molotovs from me and i agree a split seems likely if not an edge to UNH at this point. BC IS a little out of sorts and it is very discomforting to me. If UNH wins saturday i will have to listen to my niece rag on me. I think she got me tickets for just that reason!

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
                        the flaming will begin after Friday's game -- especially if BC wins big. BC posters are typically the Molotov tossers, and as there seems to be some degree of discomfort among their lot, they may be choosing their words carefully, in case they have to eat them.
                        Pfffffffffffffft. You hillbillies crack me up. As always.

Maybe if UNH steals a point this weekend you can raise a banner for it.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Hell, if we steal a point from GGTH, I'll change the oil on my tractor in nothing but overalls on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

You pinheads are a hoot.

We already did raise a banner in tribute to your 8-1 drubbing at the hands of Minny
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Nick P, you been reading Barnicle lately?

Comment

Working...
                              X