Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    +/- is very strange on this team. The fact that Arnold is only +4 is alarming, he is the best two-way player in the league and has 25 pts. How can he possibly have the same +/- as Straight, you know what I'm saying?

I'm more concerned with the lack of production, less than 1PPG, from JG since Linell was moved up to his line and Whitney moved down. Linell has the tools but is unable to put it all together and you can see how it has changed that top line.
    You don't say
    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      claver, we need you to get the thread back on track !
      Now you're talking!

I said on EA this morning, it's been a very odd season from BC's perspective thus far. The awesome first 2 months have really kept us afloat for a while, but that seems like forever ago. Really struggled after Christmas at only 6-6-2, and there have been several spots I expected them to rattle off some wins that just haven't happened (5-2 W vs UNH & the Beanpot win).

Individually, the line changes designed to create 3 scoring lines lasted about a period and a half and really all it has done is have Linell get top 6 minutes over Destry (obviously this is pre-Hayes), all the while Whitney keeps chugging along at a torrid pace. York probably thought screw it, with this team I'm riding the big horses for the last 2 months as far as I can go.

The scoring from the Smith-Brown-Dyroff line has been a help (Quinn with 5 goals in last 8 after 1 in first 52 games -not a typo), but they aren't a shut down line with Brown -7 & Dyroff -6.

Don't really get Silk-Sit-Straight and their ice time reflects that I guess (annoying they don't keep TOI), again pre-Hayes.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        +/- is very strange on this team. The fact that Arnold is only +4 is alarming, he is the best two-way player in the league and has 25 pts. How can he possibly have the same +/- as Straight, you know what I'm saying?

I'm more concerned with the lack of production, less than 1PPG, from JG since Linell was moved up to his line and Whitney moved down. Linell has the tools but is unable to put it all together and you can see how it has changed that top line.
        If you were at the UNH game Linell made some great passes to Mullane and JG. Mullane missed 1 open net JG missed two. Not Linell's fault. Looking at it objectively JG hasn't been that good last few games. He had several breakaways vs Merrimack and UNH and converted none. Whitney has clearly been the better of the two and has benefitted Arnold in Haye's abscence. I think they will put Hayes back with Arnold and Whitney when he returns and put Straight back with Sit and Silk. I agree with comments on Smith-Dryoff-Brown line. Not a shutdown line when you consider their +/- .

Comment

+/- is very strange on this team. The fact that Arnold is only +4 is alarming, he is the best two-way player in the league and has 25 pts. How can he possibly have the same +/- as Straight, you know what I'm saying?.
          yeah, i do............you're right and Arnold at only +4 maybe even stranger than Hayes -4

me too but we'd feel a lot better if JG had converted maybe 2 out of the last 10+ ,it seems, clear breakaways he's had in the past month or so
          Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            Now you're talking!

I said on EA this morning, it's been a very odd season from BC's perspective thus far. The awesome first 2 months have really kept us afloat for a while, but that seems like forever ago. Really struggled after Christmas at only 6-6-2, and there have been several spots I expected them to rattle off some wins that just haven't happened (5-2 W vs UNH & the Beanpot win).

and i think 4-6-2 in HE after an 8-1 start. thought we had a 1 or 2 seed in the bag at that point. If Jerry is going to ride the big horses then he needs to reinstate KH by the end of the year which i think he will but with these type ofthings and Jerry not willing to put up with too much BS, you never know..............

Comment

television on Sunday. CBSSN. haven't we lost just about every time we are on this network?

Comment

television on Sunday. CBSSN. haven't we lost just about every time we are on this network?
                They were 2-4 last year, but they started 0-4 (Denver, BU, Notre Dame, BU). Finished with the last two regular season games vs. Vermont, for their two wins.

In 2010-2011, they were 2-1. The wins were the home and home vs. BU and the loss was at Maine (their only blemmish in a 15 game stretch).
                Last edited by Boston22; 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Hey Louganis, hurry up and jump back up Jack Parker's butt before you catch a cold.
                  Does everyone associated with BC hockey have a rectal fixation? 2 is a coincidence, 3 would be a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                    2 is a coincidence, 3 would be a trend.
                    I'm glad the Nicastro and Trivino rapes over there are a coincidence.

But you, brassbonanza, and Matt Nieto probably have some explaining to do then.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I'm glad the Nicastro and Trivino rapes over there are a coincidence.
                      Either my self deprecating humor is not obvious enough or you are too dense. Or both.

Ok, been in here too long, I feel dirty, time to dispose of my clothes and scamper away in a trashbag.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                        They were 2-4 last year, but they started 0-4 (Denver, BU, Notre Dame, BU). Finished with the last two regular season games vs. Vermont, for their two wins.

In 2010-2011, they were 2-1. The wins were the home and home vs. BU and the loss was at Maine (their only blemmish in a 15 game stretch).
                        had forgotten the UVM games were televised because i was at them it was that brutal 0-4

Comment

so i guess i'm talking to myself............. Anyway, my first inclination is to route for UVM tonight but if UNH and or BC slips/continues to slip and BC and the Cats end up a #2 and #3 or a #3 and #2 then we get shipped somewhere other than Manchester to avoid #2 vs #3 conference matchup. I know, too early for that...............or not

Comment

so i guess i'm talking to myself............. Anyway, my first inclination is to route for UVM tonight but if UNH and or BC slips/continues to slip and BC and the Cats end up a #2 and #3 or a #3 and #2 then we get shipped somewhere other than Manchester to avoid #2 vs #3 conference matchup. I know, too early for that...............or not
                            understand, i love talking to myself

too early to worry about that imo, still way too many variables. this year it'll all be about matchups with no one running away from this.

this RS is going to be a great race, good test for this team these next 8 days

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              this RS is going to be a great race, good test for this team these next 8 days
                              boy, is it ever. Absolutely huge game Sunday, gotta find a way to win in Lawler. Too bad the UML game is on a Tuesday, we need a rocking Conte and we're not going to get it on a Tuesday night. I know there will be at least one loud maniac in MM though but cant speak for anyone else

P.S. I hate that scab Goumas...........there, i said it. Wanted to put my fist through the TV last night to get him. Can't stand his antics on the ice

Comment

P.S. I hate that scab Goumas...........there, i said it. Wanted to put my fist through the TV last night to get him. Can't stand his antics on the ice
                                I didn't see the game. What did he do?

Comment

Working...
                                X