Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    No doubt, very good team. That goal certainly was a fluke though
    if you ever want to steal something else off mookie, he called it "the hand of god" goal.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

I can honestly say that is the most posts/crossbars I can ever remember BC clanking in a game (5).
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        I know a discussion for later in the week but looking at HE standings, and wow has it tightened up:

Points - Games Played:
        BC: 25-19
        Mack: 24-19
        UNH: 24-19
        BU: 21-18
        PC: 21-19
        UML: 18-18
        Obviously getting swept by Maine opened the door for everyone but part of it is scheduling. Bc has 2 with mc and 3 with Vermont - a chance to distance themselves if the take care of business

But yeah bc could still finish 10th
        โ€œUnless youโ€™re Boston College, you donโ€™t get here every year.โ€

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Two with UVM

Comment

Meanwhile, while we were all paying attention to the proceedings at the Garden... suddenly BC is facing the #2 and #3 teams in Hockey East this weekend.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              I can honestly say that is the most posts/crossbars I can ever remember BC clanking in a game (5).
              Until Billy got one behind Rawlings (and actually in the net) had a bad feeling it was going to be one of those nights.

On that what a trainwreck he is on the big stage as soon as you put 2 by him you might as well put a traffic cone in there and play with 6 skaters (maybe thats what Mad Dog Madigan thought he was doing )

Didn't see much of Colin Sullivan at all, probably easing him back.

BCI has a gif of Matheson undressing NU: http://images49.fotki.com/v569/photo...603/gif-vi.gif

Comment

The only time I saw Sullivan on the ice was during the postgame celebration.

A lot of players had solid games last night. It was a good group effort. On most nights this would have been a blowout. BC got 5 goals on Rawlings plus 5 posts. Could have been a laugher. Probably a good thing for the tournament that it wasn't. And hopefully BC learned a lesson. Things got really absurd there in the third period after the NU PPG peaking at the time that Roy was alone and got poke checked.

A few things stood out as far as going the extra mile to produce goals. I was watching Gaudreau forecheck the heck out of that NU player and you could see something good was going to happen. He chased him around for a bit before stepping around the NU player and closing off his stick. That was some serious work and then he takes it hard to the net and stuff it in past Rawlings. Tremendous play.

Also, the Whitney play that resulted in the 5th goal was also superb. BC goes for a wholesale line change and rather than dump, he curls back and delays and JUST drops it to Matheson before it goes out of the zone. Ended up being a beauty and that whole play developed because of Whitney.

You also have to credit Arnold and company for not heading to the bench when it was dumped in with 7 or 8 seconds to go in the 2nd period. Most teams up 3-1 would have just curled back and waited for time to expire.

BC went the extra mile last night. Wey was good. Doherty struggled I thought. Matheson was excellent. MacLeod had a fantastic game as well and Jeke continues to impress and play very good hockey. It's a different team with Matheson in the lineup.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

If Sullivan did in fact not play, am guessing that the coaching staff probably felt that having not played in a week, the defense was well enough rested to skate only 5 guys and that there was no reason to rush Sully back.

Comment

If Roy had scored on the 6x5 breakway, would the goal have stood? What's the rule on that? Could they have penalized NU after the whistle?

Kind of like how Flacco was saying on the sideline of the super bowl on the final kickoff as time expired - he said if the guy's breaking down the sideline, to just tackle him. There is a rule in the NFL where if someone does something blatantly unsportsmanlike, the referees can award points.
                    Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

The mopes at the Hockey East office have a lot to sort out after last night:

-Potential suspension to Privitera for another major penalty
                      -Potential suspension to NU's Cornell for spearing Gaudreau (thanks to NESN for going back and showing that)
                      -Lecturing championship game officials on how to count to 6. And probably will have to send out a memo to all officials to remember to count the players on each team.

Bertagna probably still vehemently disagrees that his officials stink and is still trying to figure out why he added Uconn instead of Quinnipiac.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

-Potential suspension to NU's Cornell for spearing Gaudreau (thanks to NESN for going back and showing that)
                        -Lecturing championship game officials on how to count to 6. And probably will have to send out a memo to all officials to remember to count the players on each team.

Bertagna probably still vehemently disagrees that his officials stink and is still trying to figure out why he added Uconn instead of Quinnipiac.
                        Can they do that? It's a nonconference game.
                        Boston College Eagle Hockey ยป "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

BC seniors now 14-0 in The Gahden

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

It's pretty amazing that they keep running Benedetto out there to ref championship games.
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                              It's pretty amazing that they keep running Benedetto out there to ref championship games.
                              It was pretty awful. There were 4 penalties in the first period and only one should have been a call (and they sent the wrong player to the box). Quick whistle in the first that nullified the first BC goal was bad and then of course Roy almost scored with 6 skaters on the ice.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Disappointed but not surprised. No issue losing to a class act like Jerry though. I will say after playing BC and BU multiple times this season, the difference between the two teams is just so massive. I almost get happy when I see BU on the schedule. Not even a close competition at this point.

I have to say though:
                                3/5 of BC's goals last night were the result of the NU defense letting BC do whatever they wanted. However...we should've been down 3-0 after the 1st period so it evens out. No injustices except HEA selecting bottom of the barrel officials for a Beanpot title game.
                                Last edited by SkinsFan09; 02-12-2013, 01:41 PM.
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X