Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... slow down there fellas.

We're sitting at 12-3-2 while playing the 3rd toughest schedule in the nation to this point. Twelve of our games are against TUC's in which we are 8-2-2.

2-2-2 in our last 6. One of those losses being against our arch rival in their barn, which we avenged the following night, and the other against a Minnesota team wanting revenge, in their barn, while we're without our best player and with 2 young d-men that suited up for only their second ever collegiate game.

This team didn't get here by being flashy and overpowering opponents. They've gotten here by working their arses off for 60 minutes every night and playing exceptional team defense. I expect that to continue given the leadership on this team.

I have no worries at this point. I'll start to worry when we stop hustling, stop playing tenacious team D or the injury bug hits us hard. I like what I see in Jeke. The coaching staff will have these guys cranking when it matters. Too much heart and talent on this team for me to think otherwise.

Besides... IT'S ALL MY FAULT. I switched hats after the BU loss (that was the only loss for the old 90's gold cap... 8-1-0 while wearing it). I switched to a new stocking cap knitted for me by a customer. The stocking cap is still undefeated at 1-0-2, but I'm switching back for the UNH series ( I hate ties ). Besides... that stocking cap is hot as hell and I sweat my butt off.
    I don't often come here much any more.

But when I do, I miss the Like button.
    Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Doherty-Sullivan
      *****http://www.masslocalinstitute.org/onlinecourses/pools/biohazard%20sign.png******
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

York had surgery today for a detached retina and will miss this weekend's series according to BC hockey news.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          York had surgery today for a detached retina and will miss this weekend's series according to BC hockey news.
          That sounds awful. Hope he gets well soon and it isn't too painful. Anything with the eyes freaks me out.

Does this change the outlook for anyone on this weekend's series?
          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

That's a bummer. Hope Jerry has a speedy recovery.

I think Cavs and Brown can handle things. Hopefully the team brings home two for the Gipper.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Best wishes to Coach York for a successful outcome from eye surgery. Hope he returns to his place behind the bench very soon.
              We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
              ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
              --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Some nice perspective.. (Gaudreau) ..

GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Ya, last time the team was at full strength was the first game at BU:

Gaudreau-Mullane-Whitney
                  Hayes-Arnold-Straight
                  Dyroff-Brown-Silk
                  Smith-Sit-Linell
                  Turns out, this is exactly what we saw tonight.

Comment

Gaudreau far and away leading the nation in points per game at 1.73. Scott Wilson nowhere to be found.

Comment

With Johnny G. back in the lineup, everything flows so much better through the 4 lines.
                      First line obviously has some great chemistry, but not sure I've seen any two guys in synch like Hayes and Arnold. They make some incredible passes to each other. Now they've just got to finish more of those hilite reel plays and get more pucks on net.

The old HAT... back to it's winning ways!
                      Thinking of wearing the stocking cap tonight at UNH though. It is undefeated (with 2 ties).
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Turns out, this is exactly what we saw tonight.
                        I wouldn't have sat Spiro, nor would I have moved Silk off the 2nd line.

Hayes was a monster tonight

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          The old HAT... back to it's winning ways!
                          Thinking of wearing the stocking cap tonight at UNH though. It is undefeated (with 2 ties).
                          oh, no, please don't. You told me you burned it, didn't you?............agree an Hayes above. He is finally imposing his will out there, every shift. When he goes into the corner he is getting the puck, just like big brother..............almost

Comment

Props to Brad Bates for the nice recognition of Gaudreau's gold medal. When Kreider won his, I asked Defillipo what they were doing to recognize it and he just gave me a blank look.
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              . When Kreider won his, I asked Defillipo what they were doing to recognize it and he just gave me a blank look.
                              to the surprise of no one

Comment

How could I forget...joe grav. He posts here, correct? Enjoying that autographed puck???

And best trivia answer ever...chuck norris is not an age

Comment

Working...
                                X