Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    i know, it looked like a 2 team race there for a while and all of a sudden it's a free for all............ and as i stated previously, our next 6 games are against four of the five teams behind us. Mack (2),UNH,UML and PC(2)
    As much as I hate to do so, I have to give Merrimack some credit. I really didn't expect them to be this strong this season.
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      As much as I hate to do so, I have to give Merrimack some credit. I really didn't expect them to be this strong this season.
      I don't think anyone did but further evidence that they have pretty **** good coach

Comment

Off topic but I took in the Duke / BC game last night at Conte.... exciting game all the way to the end. Also was impressed with how BC grounds crews were handling the parking with the mass of snow and the T not running (which I'm sure greatly increased the numbers of people who were driving).

There were skid steer loaders litterally clearing spots as people were driving in and parking in them....

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          Part of the reason why the overage recruiting system works is because they always have that advantage of having stronger, physically more mature teams and always are a tough team to play against and will always win their fair share of games in most seasons. That's why you're seeing results even after Canata and DaCosta left. Merrimack won't go back into the cellar until Dennehy leaves and someone starts recruiting 18 year-olds.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Congrats on your beanpot championship (important first step to yet another national title )
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Congrats on your beanpot championship (important first step to yet another national title )
              Doosh.

Hey mookie, see you at the Garden at 4:30?
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                Doosh.

Hey mookie, see you at the Garden at 4:30?
                Mookie will leave the office at 5p and try to merge into one lane storrow drive to begin the ride home

Comment

I've said this before, but I really don't have a problem with what Dennehy does. Some people like hokydad expected a significant drop off post Cannata era. They aren't the only team to recruit older players. Not every program is as good at it as Dennehy appears to be. If their older guys were getting into trouble off the ice, not going to class, etc...I'd have a problem. They can't attract the talent of BC/BU, so their approach really doesn't bother me. Now, in general, I hate the idea of a 21 year old freshman but that's in a vacuum.

Comment

You rarely ever hear of MC kids getting into trouble. 14 kids on the HE all academic team. And from what I've seen they are all pretty good people and do a good job with community involvement.

Dennehy seems to be doing a good job of picking fantastic 20 year old freshmen and has seemingly created a culture in a good way (opposite of the Animal House culture over at BU).

And FWIW, while that will be weighed heavily when looking to replace York, I hope to God it's not him.

Comment

And I'm sure if you asked him, he'd love to be at a premier program where he could get the top young players...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        And I'm sure if you asked him, he'd love to be at a premier program where he could get the top young players...
                        I'd like to think we are at a point where we get someone that is proven to do so first.

Comment

As a Mainuh and an example of where Im at on this issue, I would rather see Whitedead be replaced by a Cavanaugh type guy than a Dennehy. Just because of the nature of the way Dennehy coaches versus what Cav has learned from being around Yorkie. I realize Mark has had to pull out all the stops to be competitve, but still dont like the old dirty player profile type of team, afterall it is supposed to be played by kids just recently graduated from high school in my book.
                          sure why not

Comment

Oh I wasn't hinting at BC looking at him. I'm just saying in general terms. Just look at what a mess MC was when he took over. He's a very good coach IMO.

Comment

Speaking of soon to be great coaches in the NCAA, I had to update Montgomerys record at Dubusque to 33 and 6 in my sig. Gaudreuabrybaker would be proud.
                              Last edited by all bear; 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM.
                              sure why not

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I've said this before, but I really don't have a problem with what Dennehy does. Some people like hokydad expected a significant drop off post Cannata era. They aren't the only team to recruit older players. Not every program is as good at it as Dennehy appears to be. If their older guys were getting into trouble off the ice, not going to class, etc...I'd have a problem. They can't attract the talent of BC/BU, so their approach really doesn't bother me. Now, in general, I hate the idea of a 21 year old freshman but that's in a vacuum.
                                Exactly right. These guys (men) are coming here and not only playing hockey but going to school. Good for them for sticking with it (ie, NOT turning professional), and following their dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X