Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I'm genuinely worried the game will be postponed. I'm hearing 1-2 feet with blizzard conditions and impassable roads on Friday evening.

I doubt the Riverhawks would even make it to Conte.
    Yea if these predictions hold up we'll probably see a postponement.

Luckily we are playing UML, which happens to have some amateur meteorologists in their fanbase. What does Scott Kaplan say for a weather prediction?
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      file under:Only in San Francisco.............Lefty O'Doul's was the first bar i thought of when you mentioned sports bars but thought you wanted "Boston sports bars" That's a great place and another SF institution. http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-hoc...012313aaa.html
      I wanted a place that was mere steps from my hotel, so it worked great. Besides, it's certainly not short-sleeve weather here this week. Abundant blue sky, yes. But warm temperatures, no. I'm flying SFO-EWR-MHT leaving on a Thursday-night redeye, and this storm bubbling up for Friday into Saturday has me wondering whether I'll even GET to Newark...or whether I'll LEAVE there.

I should have connected in Melbourne, Australia instead ;-)
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

If you're looking for warm temperatures you will rarely find them in The City, especially in summertime

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Yea if these predictions hold up we'll probably see a postponement.

Luckily we are playing UML, which happens to have some amateur meteorologists in their fanbase. What does Scott Kaplan say for a weather prediction?
          We also have some professional meteorologists in our fanbase.

I'm thinking the game will get postponed as well. The Providence Bruins have already postponed their game scheduled for tomorrow. It might literally take 2-3 hours to drive from Lowell to Chestnut Hill tomorrow, if anyone is crazy enough to attempt it. Even though I already have tickets, I'm going to be working the entire time now, so I am personally hoping that BC and/or Hockey East does the right thing and postpones the game.
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

I'm thinking the game will get postponed as well. The Providence Bruins have already postponed their game scheduled for tomorrow. It might literally take 2-3 hours to drive from Lowell to Chestnut Hill tomorrow, if anyone is crazy enough to attempt it. Even though I already have tickets, I'm going to be working the entire time now, so I am personally hoping that BC and/or Hockey East does the right thing and postpones the game.
            18-24 inches for the Lowell area?
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

Tomorrow should be fine. Friday will be some tough sledding though.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Both UML & BC are off Saturday, I know no one plays that Saturday before the Beanpot but would that work or would they go for some random mid week date?

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                  Both UML & BC are off Saturday, I know no one plays that Saturday before the Beanpot but would that work or would they go for some random mid week date?
                  Makes too much sense not to do.
                  BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                  -
                  Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Not sure if Saturday is feasible, but considering they often play back to back nights, I don't see an issue with playing Saturday night and then Monday. Depends on the logistics involved I guess. BC hoops a factor?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Not sure if Saturday is feasible, but considering they often play back to back nights, I don't see an issue with playing Saturday night and then Monday. Depends on the logistics involved I guess. BC hoops a factor?
                      BC hoops vs Duke is on Sunday at 6 pm. Seems feasible to do a 7 pm Saturday makeup if you ask me. Coach K can get his shootaround in the am. And if not, Coach K can go screw. Know what I'm sayin?

Comment

Trust me, I would love for this to actually happen and **** coach k off.

Comment

Boy it seems like the universe just does not want a Jerry York day doesn't it?

Maybe Jerry York really is God and is using His powers to keep putting off His day because He's so modest.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Coach K can get his shootaround in the am. And if not, Coach K can go screw. Know what I'm sayin?
                            yep, absolutely do

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            Boy it seems like the universe just does not want a Jerry York day doesn't it?

Maybe Jerry York really is God and is using His powers to keep putting off His day because He's so modest.
                            love the caps on the H's

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              Hopefully the impending snow storm won't hurt attendance at Jerry night, though I fear it will
                              lets hope the European model is wrong this time, it wasn't for Sandy

Comment

18-24 inches for the Lowell area?
                                I'm going with a general 1-2 feet across southern NH, most of eastern MA, and northern/central RI for now. There are some models that have heavier amounts. The aforementioned European model has a bullseye of 30"+ just south and southwest of Boston (and 2 feet or more across most of eastern Mass).
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X