Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

The way Harvard, NU and BU are playing right now combined with some off-ice issues, probably makes BC the Beanpot favorite this year despite their recent problems. By the way, any word on Colin Sullivan's condition or possible return? Seems like with these concussions, you're out at least @ 10 days.

Comment

• Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Considering what we know about concussions now, I don't know how a timetable is put on any of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Considering what we know about concussions now, I don't know how a timetable is put on any of them.
        Any concussion is serious, but it's when you get knocked unconscious like Bergeron, Horton, Savard, etc where all bets are off regarding a timetable for return. Assuming Sullivan just got his bell rung like Matheson, I would hope he's back in a week or two, but one never knows...
        Last edited by carltonbarrett; 02-02-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
          Anyone with enough knowledge of downtown San Francisco to say whether I'll have success finding NESN to see the Beanpot on Monday?

If the 49ers win tomorrow night, it will be interesting to see whether 'locals' tip over and burn 20 cars or 200. I'm right off Union Square, so whatever occurs I'll probably be witness to it.

I have enough knowledge of it and can wish you luck Chris. I know there is Union Sq Sports Bar that you probably already discovered, maybe they'll put it on for you but try Buccaneer in the Russian Hill neighborhood. Its a cool place. If you think you want to walk it may look ok on a map but this is San Francisco after all and you will have to walk up Nob Hill then down then up Russian Hill, not easy but awesome views. The 49er fans are a somewhat milder crew than the Giants fans so maybe you will have 5 burned and 50 overturned ...I've been a Giants fan since Mays-McCovey-Marichal so it's total bliss these days, I digress. Where ever you go, call ahead and ask. Also I saw a place in Potrero Hill, Connecticut Yankee but from the looks of it i'm not sure i'd go there

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            I have enough knowledge of it and can wish you luck Chris. I know there is Union Sq Sports Bar that you probably already discovered, maybe they'll put it on for you but try Buccaneer in the Russian Hill neighborhood. Its a cool place. If you think you want to walk it may look ok on a map but this is San Francisco after all and you will have to walk up Nob Hill then down then up Russian Hill, not easy but awesome views. The 49er fans are a somewhat milder crew than the Giants fans so maybe you will have 5 burned and 50 overturned ...I've been a Giants fan since Mays-McCovey-Marichal so it's total bliss these days, I digress. Where ever you go, call ahead and ask. Also I saw a place in Potrero Hill, Connecticut Yankee but from the looks of it i'm not sure i'd go there
            anyplace that advertises sunday ticket has directv. nesn is 628 on there.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Anyone with enough knowledge of downtown San Francisco to say whether I'll have success finding NESN to see the Beanpot on Monday?
              Yeah honestly any self-respecting sports bar with a dish is going to have NESN. You should be fine.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

oh, and if you want a great pasta restaurant, Perbacco at the bottom of California St and it's a relatively flat walk from your hotel (15 minutes)and its next to a San Francisco institution, Tadich Grille, if seafood is your thing.........thanks, now i have the bug again and i want to book another trip love that city

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I'm at the Sir Francis Drake, on Powell a few blocks up from Market. In 2008 I met my cousin Jeff Horrigan at a nice place South of Market near Moscone. It was near the Marriott I think??? He was the Red Sox beat writer for the Herald then and was covering the team when my son and I went out there to see a couple Sox-A's games. My work is at Moscone Center, so I'll 'test drive' the sports bars in the vicinity tomorrow during the Super Bowl.
                  Chris V
                  Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

former poster living out there just seconded connecticut yankee and also mentioned red jacks. says they are owned by boston guys
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

TTT20, how much longer is Skarupa going to be out for the women's team?

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        TTT20, how much longer is Skarupa going to be out for the women's team?
                        I haven't had any luck whatsoever in finding out. I heard a week and a half ago that she would "be fine" and that "we need her for the better teams later in the season so she will sit out," but she sat out yesterday too and our biggest game of the effing year is Tuesday. We need her back.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          I haven't had any luck whatsoever in finding out. I heard a week and a half ago that she would "be fine" and that "we need her for the better teams later in the season so she will sit out," but she sat out yesterday too and our biggest game of the effing year is Tuesday. We need her back.
                          hmmm, a separated shoulder ( i think i read that was what it was) no matter how severe would keep her out more than a couple of weeks i would think ................any chance Minnesota doesn't win this thing? It seems that there is always one team out there that stands above the rest of women's hockey.

Comment

With bu and unh struggling recently as well, nobody was able to really take advantage of bc's troubles. Even now, first in hockey east and highest rated HE team in PWR. thank god for the hot start. Beat harvard.

Comment

any chance Minnesota doesn't win this thing? It seems that there is always one team out there that stands above the rest of women's hockey.
                              No, there isn't really.

I was able to watch Minnesota on the BTN last night. They are the best women's hockey team ever assembled.

I mean honestly, it could happen. They haven't played anyone ranked above 8th in the rankings. But they also have won every game they've played this year by multiple goals and have only trailed three times.

There are two teams that could, in theory, beat them -- at least in my opinion: North Dakota and BC. These are the only teams, I think, that have the firepower that could even conceivably keep up with them.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                With bu and unh struggling recently as well, nobody was able to really take advantage of bc's troubles. Even now, first in hockey east and highest rated HE team in PWR. thank god for the hot start. Beat harvard.
                                I mentioned above Harvard had 11 SHG during an ENTIRE game so they are clearly a mess after that mess If we cant get the job done the Tobin is pretty handy (right Fivehole?)

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                No, there isn't really.

I was able to watch Minnesota on the BTN last night. They are the best women's hockey team ever assembled.

I mean honestly, it could happen. They haven't played anyone ranked above 8th in the rankings. But they also have won every game they've played this year by multiple goals and have only trailed three times.

There are two teams that could, in theory, beat them -- at least in my opinion: North Dakota and BC. These are the only teams, I think, that have the firepower that could even conceivably keep up with them.
                                yeah, i looked at the scores on their schedule only three games did they win by ONLY 2 goals and 158-22 GF-GA in 28 games doubleso i guess it's remember Lake Placid!
                                Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-03-2013, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X