Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

To me, Dyroff and Smith would be the leading candidates to sit Friday. One point between them and are a -4 and -5.

Comment

Re: Boston College Hockey, '12-'13, Volume II: #JohnnyHockey or #GaudreaubeyBaker?

Originally posted by d2d View Post
      you're supposed to wear it on your head!
      LOL... good one.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Forgive me if this has already been posted:

http://85ad6fd8035da3566d3d-0c54b4af...x.html#?page=0

Check it out.

Comment

Who should sit when JG comes back is self explanatory
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            To me, Dyroff and Smith would be the leading candidates to sit Friday. One point between them and are a -4 and -5.
            Smith would be far down my list of guys to sit if you look at the bottom 6. Speaking of someone that should Sit, he even has the word on the back of his jersey!

I am ok with 14 heading back for a bit. I'd be more than fine with 17 sitting and same as the aforementioned 18 and 23. 18 doesn't do anything for me but he does win 54% of his faceoffs and has value there.

One staple of BC hockey that is really missing - SHGs. Someone noted the lack of team speed. Look no further than the lack of SHGs as a reasonable measure of proving that speed is lacking this season. BC has one this year, I believe it was an ENG by Billy Arnold at Louganis Arena.

While we can question the bottom lines, the one real dealbreaker for the championship runs is usually a good defensive line. Can I say at this point I have confidence we have a line that can take care of business defensively and let the two scoring lines do their thing with the matchups they want? Nope.

We'll see what happens. They have the goaltending and offensively capability to go get it.

As usual we'll have a reasonably good idea of what we have here in about a month when the Piszpot comes around.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

He's at least holding his own right now at a -1 compared to some other guys. Will be interesting to see what the decision is and what the lines look like. I guess I'm at a point where it doesn't even have to be one guy. It could be a rotation for the time being.

Comment

Forgive me if this has already been posted:

http://85ad6fd8035da3566d3d-0c54b4af...x.html#?page=0

Check it out.
                ..wow, nicely done.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Thanks to Mike McMahon for crunching the numbers but looks like we have the 2nd easiest schedule (behind BU) for the remainer of the season.

Thoughts on what York will do with the top 2 lines now that it's the first time he's able to put out a full stable of forwards for the first time since early November?

I'd keep Silk w Arnold/Hayes and move down Straight.

BTW both UNH games and the UMass games are already sold out, has to be the first time we've sold out for UMass.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                    Thoughts on what York will do with the top 2 lines now that it's the first time he's able to put out a full stable of forwards for the first time since early November?

I'd keep Silk w Arnold/Hayes and move down Straight.
                    Right now I'm inclined to stick with this and go with two very strong lines. Straight's go no mojo right now. Can't touch line #1. You may be able to stretch out lines 2 and 3 into respectable lines if you get the right mix and match combo. If things go further south that may be explored by trying to bring either Linell or Smith up to line #2.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

When did they announce that the UMass game would be Jerry York night? Maybe that's why it sold out so fast...

Comment

It will be interesting to see if our lines can mesh, now that they are back together for the first time in two months. The defense will always be questionable with 4 freshmen skating there. Great offense makes the D better.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Ya, last time the team was at full strength was the first game at BU:

Gaudreau-Mullane-Whitney
                          Hayes-Arnold-Straight
                          Dyroff-Brown-Silk
                          Smith-Sit-Linell

Matheson-Alber
                          Doherty-Wey
                          MacLeod-Sullivan

With Alber out, d pairings against Yale were:

Matheson-Wey
                          Doherty-Sullivan
                          Jeke-MacLeod

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            One staple of BC hockey that is really missing - SHGs. Someone noted the lack of team speed. Look no further than the lack of SHGs as a reasonable measure of proving that speed is lacking this season. BC has one this year, I believe it was an ENG by Billy Arnold at Louganis Arena....
                            When are y'all ever shorthanded?!? Gettin' away with all that diving and whatnot to draw PPs!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

When did they announce that the UMass game would be Jerry York night? Maybe that's why it sold out so fast...
                              After Jerry broke the record, BC sent out e-mails/tweets that the first home game with the students back would be Jerry night.

Comment

Can spiro play center? Then he could take sit's spot. Otherwise he gets dyroff occasionally. I like him better than both at this point

Otherwise just swap silk and straight and it looks good
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X