Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/11, 1/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/11, 1/12)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Or Hansen... or Binda... or Feola...
    Hard for me to comment much on those three-very little experience with them. Normally i like to give officials a chance-anyone can make a mistake or have a bad night. Over the many years of following college hockey though-you can get a feel for those who seem to always have a bad night. I will truly be surprised if this weekend we get well called games.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
      I thought the archive for the UNO series was HD (I'm at every game so the archives are all I can go by). I know last weekends were but that was probably the NESN TV feed.
      the camera is HD, but the feed itself is not HD. It does not show up as clear as HD video on the stream. They're using an HD camera (or at least a 16x9 camera), but the stream is now of HD quality.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Hard for me to comment much on those three-very little experience with them. Normally i like to give officials a chance-anyone can make a mistake or have a bad night. Over the many years of following college hockey though-you can get a feel for those who seem to always have a bad night. I will truly be surprised if this weekend we get well called games.
        The same here. It's a new night, so you get a clean slate. I don't like how some berate the officials when they haven't done anything but touch the ice. Hicks on the BU game was a bit of a special occasion, though, especially after Hicks Screwjob II and the ensuing suspension, also considering it attracted this: http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...aturday/?print
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Looking for Union to right the ship and grab a couple of points this weekend against the second and first place teams.

Comment

Coach Appert's thoughts on the weekend:

Comment

Coach Appert's thoughts on the weekend:

Clear and concise-coach really told it like it was. Only wished he was asked about injury status again. We are surely in need of being as close to full strength as possible for this weekend. QU is just a very good all around team that makes few mistakes and gives you just so little. PU is always tough at home and this year is no exception. They seem to get take advantage of Baker Rink and come out with fire and put you on your heels quickly. With the officials we drew for this weekend, the task is a bit daunting. Our record when Kotyra is on the ice is abyssmal.

Comment

Clear and concise-coach really told it like it was. Only wished he was asked about injury status again. We are surely in need of being as close to full strength as possible for this weekend. QU is just a very good all around team that makes few mistakes and gives you just so little. PU is always tough at home and this year is no exception. They seem to get take advantage of Baker Rink and come out with fire and put you on your heels quickly. With the officials we drew for this weekend, the task is a bit daunting. Our record when Kotyra is on the ice is abyssmal.
                See the video interview in the Record.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Why should he be asked again, when he's going to say the exact same thing he did before? We know who is in and who is out. I firmly believe that any question we have about injury status will be answered when the line charts are released. Why push the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    See the video interview in the Record.
                    I believe that's the exact same one that Mr. Schott had, only from a different angle.

Comment

Why should he be asked again, when he's going to say the exact same thing he did before? We know who is in and who is out. I firmly believe that any question we have about injury status will be answered when the line charts are released. Why push the issue?
                      First, inquiring minds like to know. Second-if you listen carefully to SA, he is extremely careful with his choice of words. There is often a subtle change that gives you a clue. Would certainly love to know a bit more about Kasdorf and Neal-even if they cannot go tonight, perhaps for tomorrow.

Comment

First, inquiring minds like to know. Second-if you listen carefully to SA, he is extremely careful with his choice of words. There is often a subtle change that gives you a clue. Would certainly love to know a bit more about Kasdorf and Neal-even if they cannot go tonight, perhaps for tomorrow.
                        You're the doctor, but I doubt that the one extra day will be the cure. I suspect we will see Neal today, but Kasdorf will be out at least until next weekend.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I think you will see Neal. O'Grady probably. I don't think there's any chance we Kazzy. As Seth alluded to, there is no way in heck they are going to rush him back. The games in late February and March are the ones we want to have him for.

EDIT: Ralph beat me to these thoughts...
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            You're the doctor, but I doubt that the one extra day will be the cure. I suspect we will see Neal today, but Kasdorf will be out at least until next weekend.
                            That was my thinking-sure the games later on are most important-but we have got to start doing well in the ECAC games now or we will be 12th seed when all is said and done. That is not a good place to try and make a run from. I suspect Neal is in. Kaz out and O'Grady possible tonight. I would just have liked to hear that Kaz had another good day of practice-and perhaps even some contact. That would tell this doctor a lot about what the inital injury might have been like and perhaps a bit more about what we can expect for the near future. I am just so used to taking a detailed medical history to arrive at a diagnosis and prognosis and with SA it is incredibly difficult (as well it should be). He plays his cards not close to his vest-he plays them up against his chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                              I think you will see Neal. O'Grady probably. I don't think there's any chance we Kazzy. As Seth alluded to, there is no way in heck they are going to rush him back. The games in late February and March are the ones we want to have him for.

EDIT: Ralph beat me to these thoughts...
                              Wicked-As i just posted-totally agree for tonight. Reserving judgement on tomorrow. We really need to come away from this weekend with something. If we do another Dartmouth/Harvard road weekend-we will be way too deep in the hole to pick our heads out.

Comment

That was my thinking-sure the games later on are most important-but we have got to start doing well in the ECAC games now or we will be 12th seed when all is said and done. That is not a good place to try and make a run from. I suspect Neal is in. Kaz out and O'Grady possible tonight. I would just have liked to hear that Kaz had another good day of practice-and perhaps even some contact. That would tell this doctor a lot about what the inital injury might have been like and perhaps a bit more about what we can expect for the near future. I am just so used to taking a detailed medical history to arrive at a diagnosis and prognosis and with SA it is incredibly difficult (as well it should be). He plays his cards not close to his vest-he plays them up against his chest.
                                Doc - Just to clarify, I don't believe Kasdorf practiced at all in team drills on Wed...just some keeper drills, if I understood it correctly. It's possible that he saw some rubber yesterday, but I'd bet not.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X