RPI @ UNH, Saturday, Jan. 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI @ UNH, Saturday, Jan. 5th

THe second half of our Hockey East weekend proceeds with a stop in Durham to challenge the Wildcats. GO RED!

Say, did anyone else see CJ Lee on the cover of Rensselaer? He's pictured with four other RPI student athletes.
    Alums, watch your mail...
    Here we come!

Re: RPI @ UNH, Saturday, Jan. 5th

2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    Ralph Baer         5- 2- 2 10 points   .667
    fr joe             1- 2- 2  4 points   .400
    GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points  1.000
    hockeyhound        0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    burgie12           0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    engineerhockeyfan  0- 1- 0  0 points   .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points   .000

Cumulative 2003-04 - 2012-13 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    Ralph Baer        30-30-10 70 points  .500
    fr joe            28-34- 8 65 points  .464
    engineerhockeyfan 16-21- 4 36 points  .439
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    hockeyhound       11-14- 1 23 points  .442
    GRussinko          9-14- 2 20 points  .400
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    DrDemento          4-15- 3 11 points  .250
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    jericho            3- 7- 0  6 points  .300
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    drshoen            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    lugnut92           1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    NYhockeyguy        1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    REDRocket          1- 3- 0  2 points  .250
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    RKarger            0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    fishcore12         0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    jmhusker           0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    REDaero91          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI92              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

After a very disappointing loss last night, this team has to understand that a good team losing going into the third period is going to come out with emotion and determination. They have to be met with those same qualities.
      As of yet, we haven't learned that. We are so close.
      We play another very good team tonight and I expect we will give them a very good game. Merriam was great last night, expecially in the third period when BU seemed to be in our end forever.
      I believe that this team can beat anyone if they play for a full 60/65 minutes.
      So lets go out and beat UNH tonight and start a long winning streak.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
        Say, did anyone else see CJ Lee on the cover of Rensselaer? He's pictured with four other RPI student athletes.
        Alums, watch your mail...
        Yes. Just curious, when did you get it? It arrived here on Friday.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          After a very disappointing loss last night, this team has to understand that a good team losing going into the third period is going to come out with emotion and determination. They have to be met with those same qualities.
          As of yet, we haven't learned that. We are so close.
          We play another very good team tonight and I expect we will give them a very good game. Merriam was great last night, expecially in the third period when BU seemed to be in our end forever.
          I believe that this team can beat anyone if they play for a full 60/65 minutes.
          So lets go out and beat UNH tonight and start a long winning streak.
          We have got to find a way to protect a third period lead. Must admit though that we got little help from the refs. Only 1 penalty on BU all night and 5 on us (a couple in the third period) may have added a bit to the exhaustion some of our guys may have felt in the latter stages. Merriam played well. Holding BU at home to 2 goals in regulation shows that we are progressing. Hope we can give the same kind of effort tonight-we will need it.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            We have got to find a way to protect a third period lead. Must admit though that we got little help from the refs. Only 1 penalty on BU all night and 5 on us (a couple in the third period) may have added a bit to the exhaustion some of our guys may have felt in the latter stages. Merriam played well. Holding BU at home to 2 goals in regulation shows that we are progressing. Hope we can give the same kind of effort tonight-we will need it.
            Although 5 to 1 is a significant difference, 5 has to be less than our average, so I wouldn't expect it to cause exhaustion for the team. Perhaps just relative to BU we were tired. One doesn't know how many of the players might be having mild flu symptoms.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can't complain too much about the referees, even our own announcers stated several times during the game the we got away with penalties that were not called.
              If we are going to play an aggressive style, we are going to get called.
              We cannot however have the kind of defensive lapse that we had on the winning goal last night.

And for Fr joe and ralph, I got my copy of Rensselaer on Friday also.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Although 5 to 1 is a significant difference, 5 has to be less than our average, so I wouldn't expect it to cause exhaustion for the team. Perhaps just relative to BU we were tired. One doesn't know how many of the players might be having mild flu symptoms.
                Having to kill a couple penalties in the third while BU was at full strength for the entire time may or may not have had some effect. i do suspect there is lots of virus around-not so much flu (but that is the easiest thing to call it). I wonder if our boys are asked to take flu shots before the season starts? Would seem to make sense to me. Unfortunately there is little one can do to prevent the plethora of other virus infections that arrive during the winter months. The flu this year, and I am not quite agreeing that is what any of our boys have, is particularly nasty. Having taken the shot in any previous year but not taking it this year, would afford you almost no protection. Many people shrug off the flu as just being some sort of mild infection-it is most assuredly not. I wonder how many would feel that way if they knew the number of flu related deaths reported each year? it is still one of the most contagious diseases known and we do not have much to treat it with.

Comment

I thought that you didn't go to RPI, but your daughter did. Or do they send it to parents also?
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Can't complain too much about the referees, even our own announcers stated several times during the game the we got away with penalties that were not called.
                    If we are going to play an aggressive style, we are going to get called.
                    We cannot however have the kind of defensive lapse that we had on the winning goal last night.

I heard that on the radio feed-about the refs letting them play. But when they call 5 to 1 it stands out a bit. Not that giving us more power play opportunites late in the game might have helped-but it certainly allowed BU to roll 4 lines without much disruption while we had to adapt a bit. Still-very happy with the way our guys played for the most part. Agree that giving them all day to shoot in overtime on the winning goal is just inexcusable.

Comment

Having to kill a couple penalties in the third while BU was at full strength for the entire time may or may not have had some effect. i do suspect there is lots of virus around-not so much flu (but that is the easiest thing to call it). I wonder if our boys are asked to take flu shots before the season starts? Would seem to make sense to me. Unfortunately there is little one can do to prevent the plethora of other virus infections that arrive during the winter months. The flu this year, and I am not quite agreeing that is what any of our boys have, is particularly nasty. Having taken the shot in any previous year but not taking it this year, would afford you almost no protection. Many people shrug off the flu as just being some sort of mild infection-it is most assuredly not. I wonder how many would feel that way if they knew the number of flu related deaths reported each year? it is still one of the most contagious diseases known and we do not have much to treat it with.
                      As I was typing my earlier message, I wondered about exactly the same things: is it really the flu, and do the players get shots? I add that I got a shot in November. I have gotten them every year since the year that there was a swine flu scare, whenever that was. Originally I got it at the clinic where I worked, but several years ago they stopped giving shots, only a mist alternative which wasn't recommended for people my age. So now I go to my doctor. I never trusted the local supermarket for that. I barely trust them to make sandwiches.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Just a reminder that the women's game will be on WRPI as a warm up for the game tonight. I don't get FCS Atlantic as it's not on my cable package. I suppose I could pay for it. I got my copy of Rensselaer on Saturday. (I'm partial to the class notes section, specifically the Class of 2003)
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Just a reminder that the women's game will be on WRPI as a warm up for the game tonight. I don't get FCS Atlantic as it's not on my cable package. I suppose I could pay for it. I got my copy of Rensselaer on Saturday. (I'm partial to the class notes section, specifically the Class of 2003)
                          It was a quick read.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As I was typing my earlier message, I wondered about exactly the same things: is it really the flu, and do the players get shots? I add that I got a shot in November. I have gotten them every year since the year that there was a swine flu scare, whenever that was. Originally I got it at the clinic where I worked, but several years ago they stopped giving shots, only a mist alternative which wasn't recommended for people my age. So now I go to my doctor. I never trusted the local supermarket for that. I barely trust them to make sandwiches.
                            The shot normally reaches peak effectiveness after 2-3 weeks. Then the relative immunity will last for 3-4 months and slowly wane after than. November is the ideal time for the shot in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast since your maximum protecion is december through March (coinciding with peak flu season in those areas).
                            The first swine flu scare was around 1976 (started at Ft Dix NJ) and the immunization ended up being far worse than the disease. If i was a coach of a Northeast hockey team-i would try to get all my players protected with a shot in October/November. Not only can it put a feelow out of the line up for 2 weeks, it can weaken him for months after not to mention the contagiousness could spread it throughout the team.

Comment

It was a quick read.
                              Don't blame me. I can't write about myself every time.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                              X